Worried about mid-chapter, healing changes and consequences

I admit I’m biased towards survivors but I’m worried these changes to healing are weighted too heavily against the survivor side to be released all at once. I’m saying this because it doesn’t seem to acknowledge just how oppressive this is going to make perks like sloppy butcher and clourophobia. Its already bad enough sloppy butcher doesn’t naturally expire but now survivors are essentially going to have to trade hooks if multiple people are injured because no ones going to have time to heal to do anything once someone’s on the hook. For killers who play fair and respectfully these changes are manageable but the few who camp and tunnel starting from the first hook are going to absolutely abuse this. Ultimately, this is also going to making saves in the basement more of a nightmare to deal with.

The main issue I’m seeing here is that this is going to dramatically shorten matches for better or worse, because it’s only going to incentivize gen rushing because it’ll be the only way for more then one survivor to escape. Due to how much time you’ll end up wasting healing another survivor, because by the time you’re done another will be downed by the time you finish healing someone else and yourself. Honestly after some of the most recent perks added and other changes I think this is the direction you guys at behavior want, a shorter match time, and I think that’s a mistake. I already have a short enough fuse with this game when things are going well I don’t think artificially shorting matches is going to get me to want play more (especially if I’m solo queuing) if anything it’s just going to make me want to quit the game entirely. Please, before you genuinely implement these changes into the larger game consider how it will effect the game depending on the killer, both survivor and killer perk synergy with said changes, what perks are going to have to see increased usage to accommodate the changes, the DC rate for players because of genuine frustration and hate, and the overall flow and feel to your game.

Comments

  • From your post i assume you are newer to the game.

    Don´t panic. After all changes there have been new startegies pretty fast. There are so many other perks and add ons still left.

    Just wait a bit and look out what some of the streamer pros come up with.

  • Healing can be already nigh impossible with certain builds yet none seems to be major, I doubt it to be as good as people think.

    There is plenty of times BEFORE someone goes on hook even if injured, those who camp and tunnel will not be affected because there is no way those killers can spread injuries(because, in which case, no one is camping or tunneling LOL)

    And it doesn't encourage gen rushing more than the base game itself, I mean there is literally nothing else to do from the beginning so I doubt that to be problematic either.

    If you NEED to think about heal or not, that is exactly what they wanted to achieve, the idea of "injuries to not be something that can be patch up in seconds".

    We really should stop caring about those who DC in any way too, those people can DC for even the slightest changes, game is much better without having those kind of players so maybe just crank up the penalty a lot.

  • @Marc_123 said:

    From your post i assume you are newer to the game.

    Don´t panic. After all changes there have been new startegies pretty fast. There are so many other perks and add ons still left.

    Just wait a bit and look out what some of the streamer pros come up with.

    Probably resilience, autodidact, lithe/sb, and prove thyself for survivors

    Sloppy butcher on all m1 killers lol

  • Well everything is being tested in the ptb, so you don't have to worry. I am also 100% convinced mangled and Coulrophobia won't stay at the values they currently are, it would simply be way too much.

    Likewise, I believe camping will have to be nerfed in some way or form, or it will be buffed indirectly again, which is something BHVR can not afford.

    But you shouldn't forget that the 3 main regression perks killers have are also getting nerfed hard, as compensation. I do think having shorter matches could be a good thing, considering people are tired off long lasting 3 gen matches. As long as it doesn't get too out of hand.

    The direction BHVR is going with DBD is a good one though. Rewarding killers with more slowdown by playing well, and spreading damage, and instead nerfing all the slowdown killers get from the best regression perks.

  • I do think the healing changes as proposed are too much. It's going in the right direction, but the execution isn't right.

    • Altruistic healing should not be nerfed as much as Self healing.
      • Instead, charges required for healing should be increase minimally, to maybe 18 instead of 16, and then Self healing should come with a 25% speed penalty, so that Self healing would end up being the equivalent of about 23 seconds.
    • A 50% increase to healing time has a compound effect on other healing speed reductions such as Sloppy and Coulrophobia.
      • Combined with the change above, The Mangled status should be nerfed form a 20% healing speed penalty, to around a 12-15% healing speed penalty.
      • Additionally, Coulrophobia should be nerfed from a 30/40/50% healing speed penalty, to about 20/25/30%.
      • I don't think Pentimento requires a significant change, due to the difficulty in sustaining the debuff, typically you only get one totem up for any length of time. It is after all a Hex perk and deserves to be strong.
    • Changes to CoH are absolutely fine. This removes the glaring issue with the perk being the unparalelled independence to heal yourself up instantly with no other survivors required, and it also brings it back in line with the other Boon totems as supportive team perks that don't dominate the meta. This leaves room to buff Boons as a whole, such as adjusting the radius or blessing speeds, etc.
    • Changes to medkits are almost perfect. Maybe shouldn't nerf altruistic healing, but the changes to charges and self healing speeds are absolutely necessary.

    However, I disagree that the only inevitable result of these changes is a huge increase in gen rushing. Yes I expect many survivors will opt to finish a gen instead of healing, but they will be putting themselves in a vulnerable position by doing so. With healing being less efficient, killers are rewarded more for spreading pressure and pursuing other survivors. Going off to search for survivors working on gens will be more profitable, as you're not simply smacking the survivor as they run away from the gen to inevitably heal back up and jump back on the gen within 15 seconds.

    This will force survivors to play more cautiously, dropping gens to hide and evade approaching killers, instead of risking losing a health state. This kind of play style will be more viable because gen regression has been nerfed, leaving a gen isn't a certain loss of gen progression due to a CoB kick sapping all of your repairs away, etc.

  • Whilst I completely understand the apprehension with regards to the proposed changes, please remember that none of these changes are confirmed yet...this is only the PTB, things can definitely change prior to them going Live. When the PTB opens we will have a section here on the forums where we collate the feedback specifically for the PTB.