Behavior has always rewarded rage quitting survivors

Everytime survivors start rage quitting or dcing, behavior has always rewarded them by nerfing the killer or killer perks. So why shouldn't they act entitled and dc over anything they don't like right? They are literally rewarded for acting this way. If the killer rage quits it doesn't matter because it's just one player, compared to FOUR players, so survivors rage quitting matters more and is always rewarded. As killer i get plenty of reasons to rage quit, for example, 2 gens popping right at the start because i didn't bring corrupt, DEAD HARDS, highly coordinated swfs, loading into badly designed maps like Gideon, Garden Of Joy, Coldwind etc. But you just gotta suck it up buttercup and play the game instead of quitting.

Comments

  • The only players that are rewarded from rage-quitting survivors are killers. You're simply making things up to fit your narrative.

  • @AMOGUS said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3368163#Comment_3368163

    People mass ragequitted when the basekit Killer buffs went live. This community is full of sheep and overreacts to stuff heavily.

    I dont recall this at all. The last mass DCing was before the 6.1.0 update and it was because of the Thana-Legion games. People were leaving because no one wanted long games. Same situation as SM.

  • @AMOGUS said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3368163#Comment_3368163

    People mass ragequitted when the basekit Killer buffs went live. This community is full of sheep and overreacts to stuff heavily.

    I mean, yeah, I remember this and it was incredibly miserable to play during, but it's not like they reverted the buffs, so it's not an example of successful ragequit-protesting as per the OP. They did improve basekit BT, but imo that was a healthy change and the 5-second version did jack all to deter tunneling or wean off reliance on everyone bringing Borrowed Time.

    I also think there probably wasn't much useful data to gather from that instance, since it was people getting pissy across the board. Just throwing made-up numbers at the wall here, if the base DC rate in the game is 0.5% and in Skull Merchant matches it jumps to 3%, it indicates there's something about Skull Merchant that's causing abnormal amounts of ragequitting. That's where my point is. Same if it's attached to a perk (Boil Over, Eruption, Lightborn - as lmao-worthy as that is, but the indication does not in and of itself mean an actionable problem) or a map (RPD) And so on.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3374673#Comment_3374673

    I dont recall this at all. The last mass DCing was before the 6.1.0 update and it was because of the Thana-Legion games. People were leaving because no one wanted long games. Same situation as SM.

    Oh, no, my friend, there was a huge rash of DCing following 6.1.0 as survivors' favorite shiny toy (DH) was ostensibly nerfed into oblivion. It stopped once they figured out that, not only is DH still viable, it is actually better post-update when you use it and successfully tank a hit. The month or so after 6.1.0 it was nigh impossible to get a game where everyone stayed in and played it out until the end.

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3374691#Comment_3374691

    Oh, no, my friend, there was a huge rash of DCing following 6.1.0 as survivors' favorite shiny toy (DH) was ostensibly nerfed into oblivion. It stopped once they figured out that, not only is DH still viable, it is actually better post-update when you use it and successfully tank a hit. The month or so after 6.1.0 it was nigh impossible to get a game where everyone stayed in and played it out until the end.

    Do yall ever not get tired of complaining of a easy to bait perk call dh? Lithe is much more deadly and i will waste so much killers time with it specially when they are lazy to break good pallets. zoom I go with quick and quiet and go to another op loop. Also ofc we knew 6.1 will caused mass people to rage quit or dc.

    This why I wish people understand why people rather swf. Game only is fun and maybe a chance to win as survivor with a coordinated group. A certain entitled popular killer main who I wont call their name who qqs so hard about swfs yet they always tunnel or camp or bms solos. Their hypocrisy is hilarious first game I see people complain about people rather gaming with family or friends.

  • Yes killers do DC also but everytime I see it as survivor is when my teammates are t-bagging and stuff. My teammate survivors DC or hook suicide because they got downed after a minute into the game not because killer was toxic..but of course this happens at times also when people are tunneled. Still not a reason to give up the game and leave teammates in hopeless situation.

    But no matter why people DC I think the penalties are too mild since it is still a problem. But nobody is being rewarded for it.

  • @miniwengsel said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3369532#Comment_3369532

    I only see survivors dcing all the time. The last dc from a killer was a nurse on RPD like three moths ago and the last surv I saw dc was yesterday and not only one. Three in total dced yesterday one as I played Trapper. Two as I played survivor in two differend matches against a blight and a nemesis.

    Yes on old Haddonfield I saw some killers dc, but most of te time they dced, because one of my random teammates brougth the offering. If I get send on a bad map as killer its bad yes, but I cant dc, because map offerings get thrown like 70% of my matches. If I would dc every GoJ, Gas Heaven, coldwind and red forest I couldnt play the game for weeks.

    On the survivor side I only agree the dc against a spirit, because she basicly have no counterplay.

    Legion is fine, its borring to mend yes, but if you wouldnt heal against him he wouldnt use his power

    Give me those dc:ing survivors I very rarely have one and that is usually only when I hard tunnel someone and they dc on death hook. When I play survivor killers dc as often as survivors or more compared to the ratio 1:4.

  • @HamsterEnjoyer said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3367983#Comment_3367983

    It's a little hard to make this comparison considering survivor issues are fixed within a matter of months and killers have to typically wait literal years (DS nerf, DH 'nerf')

    Not really true at all. CoH was nerfed 2-3 times within the space of a couple months. Boil over was nerfed after it's buff within a week or two.

    Eruption stayed for 6 months, and literally turned games into almost unwinnable at best and 30+ mins at best.

    DS was nerfed already to not work at end game a long time ago (btw it was nerfed massively before closer to when it came out). The last nerf just totally killed it by making it another pointless perk (as most survivors ones are).

    DH nerf took ages - but it still hasn't changed it's use much because survivors are constantly given few alternatives to use.

    When playing as killer there's triple the amount of perks and builds you can use all with decent potential. With survivors theres a couple builds and only a handful of perks which are useful. No stacking exhaustion perks so they are a single slot regardless of how many are available to use.

    If people want DH to go then they need to provide something that isn't situational to use (like lockers or vaults) and can be used on demand instead of proccing when you don't even want to use it. Nerfing still hasn't addressed that at all, it's just made it more skill based - which is still not enough for killers to hate going against it tbf!

    BHVR nerfs a killer like spirit by giving her (dodgy) 'directional audio), and makes it so that stridor 'doesn't cancel out iron will' so it works as a multiplier of sound instead of an addition - and then what do they do? - they make it so iron will no longer makes you silent - i.e. reverting the spirit nerf. lol

  • @lifeisstrange said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3374715#Comment_3374715

    Do yall ever not get tired of complaining of a easy to bait perk call dh? Lithe is much more deadly and i will waste so much killers time with it specially when they are lazy to break good pallets. zoom I go with quick and quiet and go to another op loop. Also ofc we knew 6.1 will caused mass people to rage quit or dc.

    This why I wish people understand why people rather swf. Game only is fun and maybe a chance to win as survivor with a coordinated group. A certain entitled popular killer main who I wont call their name who qqs so hard about swfs yet they always tunnel or camp or bms solos. Their hypocrisy is hilarious first game I see people complain about people rather gaming with family or friends.

    You sure like putting words in people's mouths, don't you?

  • I didnt put words in your mouth buddy. Your the one that mention about dh and so I replied to lol.

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3374691#Comment_3374691

    Oh, no, my friend, there was a huge rash of DCing following 6.1.0 as survivors' favorite shiny toy (DH) was ostensibly nerfed into oblivion. It stopped once they figured out that, not only is DH still viable, it is actually better post-update when you use it and successfully tank a hit. The month or so after 6.1.0 it was nigh impossible to get a game where everyone stayed in and played it out until the end.

    I honestly don't recall it at all. I never saw any mass DCing in my games at all after that update. I remember more upset over SC and IW being nerfed tbh. My recollection around DH was users switching to Sprint Burst for awhile then reverting back.

  • @lifeisstrange said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3375951#Comment_3375951

    I didnt put words in your mouth buddy. Your the one that mention about dh and so I replied to lol.

    Because that was the motivation for the rash of survivor DCs after the patch. Which is what this post is about.

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3376277#Comment_3376277

    Because that was the motivation for the rash of survivor DCs after the patch. Which is what this post is about.

    Wrong its not just dh that made people rage quit easier, I lost friends normal or streamer who stop playing dbd and its not cause of dh.

1 2 ›