Killer mains, please stop doing this...

When I'm the last survivor I'll do my best to escape but sometimes the killer finds and downs me first. At that point I don't try to wiggle. I let the killer decide to either hook me or take me to the hatch. Sometimes I get the hatch. Sometimes I get the hook. And sometimes I'll get my time wasted by a total jerk who instead of putting me on a hook decides to lead me on thinking they want me to find the hatch but decided to hook me anyway. I've had far too many matches where the killer will stand still and let me wiggle off just to chase me around and do it again, and again, and again just to then carry me to the hook nearest the hatch so they can hook me and close the hatch after. If you have no intent of letting me escape then don't waste my time making the match go on for far longer than it has to. There is no reason at all for you to be toxic like this. I don't care that I didn't escape. I care that you wasted my time long enough that I could be well into the next match instead of being dragged around by a toxic troll. I'll do absolutely nothing to deserve this from the killer the entire match and then be treated like I was the most toxic survivor ever. Just stop doing this. Its bad for the game. People don't want to deal with this. I wonder often how many survivor mains just close the game out after having something like this happen to them. The game just isn't worth playing when you have to deal with crap like this.

Comments

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3366980#Comment_3366980

    Is it too much to ask for people to just play the game normally and not be jerks to each other? I'm not exactly asking for much here.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3367037#Comment_3367037

    Yep! Absolutely. If anything is unsportsmanlike in this game, its being thrown around by the killer when the match is clearly over just so they can grief and waste your time.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3366966#Comment_3366966

    They can. But I didn't. If someone else on my team did I can't do anything about that. Don't take it out on me. I always try to be the model survivor but it isn't easy when you're constantly being treated like the most toxic one.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3366962#Comment_3366962

    A better community starts with you, but I guess you don't want that. May they all give you hell before you do the same to them.

    considering that we are talking about the dbd community (one of the most toxic communities out there that MAYBE only leauge of legends and overwatch can surpass) then yes, you are asking too much since people on internet won't care (usually, of course there are some exceptions but you can count them on the fingers of your hand) about the other's fun/feelings

  • @Tsulan said:

    What makes you think that only killer mains do this?

    I'd argue by sheer numbers the majority of those doing this would have to be killer mains.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3366889#Comment_3366889

    I'd argue by sheer numbers the majority of those doing this would have to be killer mains.

    Disagree. You know how many survivors will cross over to killer and just play like complete asses? It’s the same people that make posts like this. Nobody is innocent in this game

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3366906#Comment_3366906

    That you have at least option push the survivors out. I think situation what OP is decribing is lot more disgusting behaviour. That is probably done by people with problems in real life and they take it on game. I could never do that it's just toxic and killers only do it to make you to feel bad. The gate situations yes is annoying but that just wastes time I usually just go take a break and they can keep waiting or I push them out. I don't either wait at gate as survivor unless my teammates are still there needing help so ofcourse I take hit for them if I can.

    Oh i absolutely agree. Yes, the killer has the option to kick the survivors out. But, he should have to. Since in order to kick them out he gets bm at the exit gate. There are even people that justify this behavior with "but the killer should be thankful for the extra bonus points for kicking them out". Is the same as "the survivor should be grateful for the extra struggle free bonus points".

    Both things are bm. Tolerating one while condemning the other just seems like double standards to me.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3366938#Comment_3366938

    With some modifications. I was really surprised when the mori updates WIP was some strange sudden death mechanic. I had thought that the mori would start playing the instance the survivors had no conceivable way of winning, ie everyone slugged and no one got any unbreakables anymore or 1st hook stages left, so that the killer couldn't just keep them slugged for 4min. But the free unbreakable for everyone was way, way too stressful for the killer imho to be a real future option.

    What i was surprised about was, how Moris where still considered toxic on the dev stream, when they were already reduced to a different death hook animation. Moris look cool and i think the devs could offer alternative moris, just like in the mobile version. Which would sell like hot pancakes. But not, when the killer has to spend bloodpoints and waste an offering for it.

    I´d love to have random 5-6 moris for each killer and apply them at the death hook of each survivor. I´d watch all of them. Feels more natural than what we have now, or how the mori test went.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3367793#Comment_3367793

    Disagree. You know how many survivors will cross over to killer and just play like complete asses? It’s the same people that make posts like this. Nobody is innocent in this game

    I never said they were innocent. I'm saying statistically it's going to be more likely killer mains doing this. Just as tbags at the exit gate are more likely going to be done by survivor mains. I expect rude behavior to be more likely from people who only play one side.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3366889#Comment_3366889

    I'd argue by sheer numbers the majority of those doing this would have to be killer mains.

    You would be surprised how many people play both sides, are toxic on one side and then switch to be toxic on the other side.

    So no, the majority aren´t "mains". Just toxic people.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    When I'm the last survivor I'll do my best to escape but sometimes the killer finds and downs me first. At that point I don't try to wiggle. I let the killer decide to either hook me or take me to the hatch. Sometimes I get the hatch. Sometimes I get the hook. And sometimes I'll get my time wasted by a total jerk who instead of putting me on a hook decides to lead me on thinking they want me to find the hatch but decided to hook me anyway. I've had far too many matches where the killer will stand still and let me wiggle off just to chase me around and do it again, and again, and again just to then carry me to the hook nearest the hatch so they can hook me and close the hatch after. If you have no intent of letting me escape then don't waste my time making the match go on for far longer than it has to. There is no reason at all for you to be toxic like this. I don't care that I didn't escape. I care that you wasted my time long enough that I could be well into the next match instead of being dragged around by a toxic troll. I'll do absolutely nothing to deserve this from the killer the entire match and then be treated like I was the most toxic survivor ever. Just stop doing this. Its bad for the game. People don't want to deal with this. I wonder often how many survivor mains just close the game out after having something like this happen to them. The game just isn't worth playing when you have to deal with crap like this.

    If you don't wiggle and i intend on getting the 4k, i'll look around a bit to see if i can find the hatch, because closing the hatch and hooking is a lot more bloodpoints.

  • Both sides of the player base can be toxic.

    Lets not marginalize an entire category of players.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3367413#Comment_3367413

    Oh i absolutely agree. Yes, the killer has the option to kick the survivors out. But, he should have to. Since in order to kick them out he gets bm at the exit gate. There are even people that justify this behavior with "but the killer should be thankful for the extra bonus points for kicking them out". Is the same as "the survivor should be grateful for the extra struggle free bonus points".

    Both things are bm. Tolerating one while condemning the other just seems like double standards to me.

    Im actually fine if they stay and let me get extra bp but that I don't like when they just leave before you can hit them. Once I downed all 3 remaining survivors with bubba chainsaw and that gave me 3000+ extra bp and there was cake in game so 6000+ bp.

    Situation where survivors wait at exit gate and teabag does not happen to me often and usually it is result when I tunneled/camped their friend out so with these stragedies you can't expext survivors to be friendly and respect you. But at least I have the option push them out and even few times killed some of them. I can tolerate bit of bm like killer headnodding or teabags.

    But the situation where killer tricks giving hatch and exit is just completely another level of bm and survivor only option is to dc if he wants to end that. Only thing which is maybe comparable to that is bully squad head on stunning and flaslight clicking/saving agains't you whole game but at least most bully squads are beatable. But there is no way beating killer bm:ing

  • I made a post not too long ago where I asked what I would have to do to not get bad sports on the other side. Playing nice doesn't work, playing mean doesn't work. People will still be jerks.

    At some point it started with survivors teabagging and killers smacking survivors on hook. Then they got matched with people that actually played nice again and again and again until they snapped and decided to return the favor. It's a cycle of bming your opponent that will continue until we all hate each other's guts over a video game.

    That will not change until BHVR do something about that.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3366966#Comment_3366966

    Yea... and if I do those things to the killer then by all means they can return the favor. But I didn't. And that is the problem. I did nothing to deserve this and yet the killer found it in them to waste my time and be a complete jerk in the process. I don't care what other survivors are doing to piss killers off. Stop punishing a stranger for what someone else did to you.

    Innocence, the greatest illusion of life.

1 2 ›