People that DC
There should be a harsher penalty for DCs in the game.
I do SWF with 1 other but it seems like people DC too much during the day.
Like getting tunneled and hooked early in the match....DC. Being the first dowm and hooked...DC. I don't see it as often in evening.
Make the penalty harsher for early disconnects. Something like unable to be matched for xxxx amount of time could work. As it stands, there's no real penalty to discourage people from DCing.
I do SWF with 1 other but it seems like people DC too much during the day.
Like getting tunneled and hooked early in the match....DC. Being the first dowm and hooked...DC. I don't see it as often in evening.
Make the penalty harsher for early disconnects. Something like unable to be matched for xxxx amount of time could work. As it stands, there's no real penalty to discourage people from DCing.
Comments
I mean I think the complete loss of bloodpoints for that match plus losing 2 ranks is pretty harsh though some feel losing rank is a bonus due to issues finding matches. As a killer I don't mind Dcs so much just makes the match easier for me. As a survivor it definitely triggers me to no end. I just think it's fine as it is.
Whenever they announced Dedicated Servers they mentioned that punishing DC's would be possible. So i'm assuming they aren't possible atm or something but will be when Dedicated Servers come out.
Lag is a major issue. Looking at the ping doesn't always work. I've had games where the ping looks fine yet I end up getting teleported all over in game. Whats the point in staying in a game like that?
And then there's the farming. Trolls who pull people off hooks instantly. That always gets a lot of DC's I've noticed. I don't blame people for disconnecting if they get intentionally farmed.
People get banned for DCing all the time.
On Console, currently all they can do us log the reports and maybe one day ban them when the dedicated servers are up.
Yeah getting farmed by a WGLF troll is really annoying and killers ping is fine but one survivor starts skipping across the map or lagging everyone out or the killer does. Hopefully once the dedicated servers come out it'll be a lot smoother.
I DC'd twice last night, playing, then screen froze, went black then PS4 blue error screen. YAY
Won't happen.
I guarantee it.
Check out my IMPROVED PENALTIES FOR RAGE QUITTING/INTENTIONALLY DISCONNECTING thread.
There are some good ideas already on how to improve those penalties.
I should record the amount of DCs during day vs night and post the statistics. It's that different to me.
On console it's a regular thing.