Basement is basically a death sentence with Trapper

Basically had a match that went smoothly then a Nea went on hook so I went to go save her since that's what you should do unless the killer is camping which he wasn't. So I do so get chased and end up getting trapped since I forgot every Trapper ever traps windows and I end up in shack basement basically rest of the match I was on the hook which the Trapper didn't camp even if he got 2 hooks he never camped but they still left plus I think Trapper never rigged shack up so basically it was an all clear to rescue. I don't know just survivors get terrified when it comes to basement for some reason plus I don't know what happened but any time I face a Trapper all my team gets trapped and in obvious spots.

Comments

  • Because trapped shack is like a mouse trap. Only swf have control over it.

  • They probably just assumed he trapped it like crazy. Alot of Trappers do if they get a basement hook.

  • Definitely!

    Trapper go from d to A tier around that basement

  • basement and God Pallet Traps are Trappers best friend

  • It must be and it meant to be lol

  • @jamally093 said:

    Basically had a match that went smoothly then a Nea went on hook so I went to go save her since that's what you should do unless the killer is camping which he wasn't. So I do so get chased and end up getting trapped since I forgot every Trapper ever traps windows and I end up in shack basement basically rest of the match I was on the hook which the Trapper didn't camp even if he got 2 hooks he never camped but they still left plus I think Trapper never rigged shack up so basically it was an all clear to rescue. I don't know just survivors get terrified when it comes to basement for some reason plus I don't know what happened but any time I face a Trapper all my team gets trapped and in obvious spots.

    basement hooks are instant 4k’s against anything but a deadhard master

    because there’s only 1 way in and 1 way out.

    dredge territorial imperative is hilarious btw.

  • Yeah, trashy trappers trap up the basement pretty hard. They probably just assumed. Should run kindred and then they would know. Trapper is my main for killer and catching people in unique and unexpected ways is always fun. I do not however trap shack or basement because it is lazy and cliche. But if I get you at the door at the end I am pretty delighted, not gonna lie.

  • If I see a survivor get hooked in basement against Trapper, Bubba, Hag, Huntress, or Trickster, I write them off as dead and pray they stay on the hook. If I have some way of knowing the killer's at least halfway across the map, then I'll go for the rescue.

    If I'm hooked in the basement and I know the killer's sticking around I will stay on the hook, but if I see survivors coming to get me I will try to get sacrificed as soon as possible to hopefully disuade them.

    I would rather see my team sit on gens and hope that 1 or 2 can escape. If they're coming to give the killer free kills, the match is already lost and I'm not sticking around.

  • @alaenyia said:

    Yeah, trashy trappers trap up the basement pretty hard. They probably just assumed. Should run kindred and then they would know. Trapper is my main for killer and catching people in unique and unexpected ways is always fun. I do not however trap shack or basement because it is lazy and cliche. But if I get you at the door at the end I am pretty delighted, not gonna lie.

    I play a lot of Trapper and while I never set out with a plan to use basement (like Agitation/Iron Grip type stuff), if I get someone down there and I have a few traps at my disposal, I'm absolutely locking it down. But most often I only have one or no traps when I get someone in the basement, and in those cases I don't bother.

    Trapper is the weakest killer in the game, and playing Trapper means being at the mercy of a lot of factors, so I don't think it's trashy to take an opportunity when it arises. And if I am losing and can turn the game around with it? You bet your ass I'm gonna do it.

    Maybe 1 of 25 Trapper games I play end up with a basement setup, but it's funny as hell when it works.