What's your typical killer build?
As in something that you would run on most of the killers you play. I typically run this on most of my killers Exceptions being Nurse, Huntress, Spirit, maybe Legion as I haven't experimented with them enough, I run things that help end chases quickly and effectively while also making it difficult to escape me in a chase.
Bamboozle- I love this perk to death, absolutely helps me out so much, there's times where it's not as useful but it's always great.
Spirit Fury- This perk is great, ESPECIALLY at level 3. When paired with enduring it's just so satisfying seeing that survivor drop that pallet in you thinking he's safe just for it to crumble and they get downed with it.
Enduring- Helps a lot with D-strike and pair well with Spirit Fury. Really good when going on a pallet infested map and it makes me want to respect pallets even less!!!
Then there's the perk of my choice or killer specific: Normally I run BBQ for the double bps, I'll definitely run it for the double bp event next week though, sometimes I take brutal strength to break pallets faster, other times I'll take Lightborn when I see some flashlights. I really like rancor on Freddy though since they can't see your aura unless they're in the dream world. I'll take nurse's calling or blood warden depending on what I feel and sometimes I like mad grit if I think their a swf. What's your typical killer build?
Comments
Ruin is a double-edged sword for me. I use it mainly for early game potential but I don't like having to play the rest of my match with only 3 perks, which is one of the reasons I prefer to run sloppy butcher sometimes
I always take ruin and bbq, two other perks depends from the character's power
My main is the hag and i run myc, the other 3 depend on how i'm feeling. The hag doesnt really need perks to do well.
Hex: Ruin - spies from the shadows - Bitter Murmur - Unrelenting
but I've begun playing wraith a lot and on him I run almost full hex. (still need haunting grounds unlocked.)
Hex: Noed - Hex: Ruin - Hex: Thrill of the hunt - Bloodhound (may swap this for haunted ground later on)
Hag is one of the many killers that does exceptionally well without perks, even without addons she's still really good.
Amanda is such a fun killer imo. I like nurses calling on her because stealth helps you out more late game
Many killers do have their own perks that work very good on them. MYC is really good on Nurse and Spirit and it's god-like on Hag. BBQ is normally a must for me though due to those extra bps
Range distance addons are my favorite on her. I used to always run those necklace addons but ever since her trap setting speed got buffed I haven't seen myself using them much. Hag is a top tier killer in my eyes though, right up there with Nurse and Billy, maybe Spirit to an extent too
I honestly never took off BBQ of my builds. The grind is awful.
Other than that I use every perk that can work with the killer I am playing.
Except Surveillance and Monstrous Shrine. I will never use these memes.
What about Fire Up, it's literally the biggest crutch in the game. Fire Up OP pls nerf
Yeah, Hag is great. I don't play her often tho, I'm always playing either Freddy, Spirit and now Legion. Sometimes I'll play the others though. I haven't played Amanda in a while though. Ever since I p3'd her I stopped feeding her bloodpoints and playing her a lot. I was a Pig main for a while too before returning to Freddy
Fire Up? OP? pffft. You don't know about nothing. The biggest crutch in DBD history is The Third Seal.
I can't play against that crap. Hex:TTS too op, devs plz nerf.
What about Insidious, that perk is the biggest crutch in this game!!! If you stand still for 3 seconds it REMOVES your terror radius making BT useless. Too OP pls nerf. Make it take 50 seconds at level 3 to remove terror radius pls
Without taking killers powers into the equation, a default perk build would usually be something like BBQ, Ruin, Brutal Strength, and NOED.
Hag: M&A, Tinkerer, Bitter Murmur, BBQ&Chili
Clown: Coulrophobia, Thanatophobia, Ruin, Distressing with Sulfuric Acid and Garish Makeup Kit add-ons.
Whispers and Blood Warden are my favorite perks to use on almost every killer. BBQ is almost a must. Ruin isn't needed on every killer, but some you do kinda need it (Trapper, Huntress). Been using PGTW too and it's been helping me to control the game more.
Sometimes I switch a perk with spies or PWYF.
Trapper: Ruin, Enduring, BBQ/NC, NOED/Blood Warden
LF: (Chilli catch and release build) - BBQ, Bamboozeled, OC, Franklin's/NC (Just hooking each person once, then getting the match done asap for max bp)
Pig: MYC, Ruin, NC, SB
Ruin, iron grasp, sloppy butcher, bloodhound.
I enjoy running things that add to the game, make it harder for the Survivors to do their objectives like Thanatophobia, Ruin, Huntress Lullaby etc. And I also enjoy what I call surprises which is what I call Exposed perks because it's basically ''SURPRISE! You're a one hit now!!!''
I have killer specififc builds and love Basement builds the most but those up there are the things I usually run on a normal match regardless of killer. If I had BBQ 3 on all my killers I'd be running that more.
This is very similar to most of my own builds. It's a straight up brute force build. I sometimes switch Spirit Fury for Bamboozle, as it Bamboozle is a guaranteed way to break the shack loop and most other solid loops that rely on windows.
-Sloppy Butcher
-Thanatophobia
-Dying Light
-Ruin
I play Nurse, Hag, Billy, Spirit, Huntress, Wraith and Myers.
My builds for Wraith, Billy and Myers are:
Enduring,
Spirit Fury,
Ruin,
and A Nurses calling.
This build is really strong there's no BBQ because it's far too easily countered.
For Nurse it is:
Ruin,
Bitter murmur,
Shadowborn
and A Nurses calling.
Helps me a ton and I do really well as Sally.
For Hag:
Brutal strength,
A Nurses calling,
Ruin,
and Sloppy butcher.
I can just flat out dominate a team with this. This is my mose successful build I have.
For Spirit:
A Nurses calling,
Moniter and Abuse,
Ruin
and Sloppy butcher.
I love this build the mindgames you can do with A Nurses calling is amazing.
For Huntress:
A Nurses calling,
Ruin,
Brutal strength,
and Sloppy butcher.
I do very well with this build and I'm able to force down pallets quite easily.
I run this as a troll build:
Iron Grip.
Agitation.
Enduring.
Mad Grit.
Fragrant Tuft of Hair.
Any add ons that gets you to EW3 fast.
Ebony Memento Mori offering.
Micheal Myers with 1 shot power while holding a survivor, 18% faster speed, basically a slug build. If the survivors don't die by your swing, you could very well possibly get a DC from the person you are holding, Decisive Strike? No problem.
Regular build?:
Nurses Calling.
Discordance.
Bamboozle.
Franklin's Demise/Spies from the Shadows.
I run BBQ on every killer i'm a points #########. The rest of my perks depend on the killer.
BBQ (Not for the auras. The BP gain really helps the grind)
Monitor and Abuse
Either Bamboozle or Enduring
All my "M1 killers" have the holy trinity of Enduring, Spirit Fury and BBQ.
Usually at least Bitter Murmer and NOED. Depends on the Killer I'm playing.
I like Spirit Fury/Enduring sometimes.
Addons?
Activation charge time + movement speed/duration.
Hag/Spirit: Ruin, Make Your Choice, A Nurse's Calling, Monitor & Abuse
Pig: Ruin, Make Your Choice, A Nurse's Calling, NOED
A lot of times, I've been messing around with perks for BP farming or fun. Hex: Third Seal is especially strong if you can get it rolling on 3 quickly... which is almost never.
I really need Bamboozle. :'(
If you want a strong build you need the following types of perks:
1) Tracking
2) Map Control
3) Chase
Tracking is anything that helps you find survivors. BBQ, Whispers, Nurse's Calling, etc. You usually need at least 1 perk of this type in your build, depending on the killer and add-ons you run.
Map Control is any perk that can slow down the game or do something to mess up survivors to give you more time. Ruin and Sloppy are popular here, but you could also use something like PGTW or even Surveillance to help you control the map and thus the speed of the game. Always need a perk for this task, sometimes even two that combo well together.
Chase type perks are anything that help you win a chase faster. The obvious examples are Enduring/Spirit Fury, but it can also include perks like MYC since that gives you a one shot you can use to end a chase faster. If you think of map control as "slowing survivors", think of chase as "speed up killer".
Also, some perks can fit two categories. Surveillance is both a tracking and map control type perk. Devour Hope can be both a chase and map control type perk. Shadowborn is both a tracking and chase type perk. If you can pick 1 to do the job of 2 that helps a lot.
Most if not all perks can be fit into 1 of these 3 categories. If you want a solid build you will need 1 of each, unless you can use the killer's power to make up for it (eg. SM Myers doesn't need any tracking perks but will need more map control and chase perks.).
Hence why the most meta build is BBQ (tracking), Ruin (map control), Enduring (chase), with the 4th perk being Nurse's Calling (tracking), Spirit Fury (chase), Sloppy Butcher (map control/tracking) or NOED (chase/map control). This is universal for pretty much any killer, the only killer with wiggle room for the top 3 is Nurse since she can give up Enduring or even Ruin for something else. IMO these 7 perks make up the top tier, with Spirit Fury special because it's only good when combo'd with Enduring.