End game chat for consoles?
This would be an awesome feature that would save alot of time from having to click a name to send a message to a single person when you could send it to the whole lobby.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Would take forever to type anything if you don't have a chat pad on your controller.
I've had a USB keyboard plugged into my Xbox since forever, use it to chat in MMO games (ESO, Neverwinter, Tera) or to type on forums and more.
Any USB keyboard works and it only takes up 1 USB slot on the console, I have it plugged into the back port and the wire tucked away nicely witht the keyboard in front of the TV.
Still wouldn't want post game chat as a killer main though, especially as I mostly play The Doctor on X1X.
From what you see of it on PC it's either a simple "gg" or people flaming each other in the post game chat.
However, PRE game chat for survivors would be good, they can arrange to use party streamers etc.
Please no, I get enough hate mail from salty survivors in my psn inbox, I don't need in-game chat to be as toxic either.
Not sure why people wouldn’t want it. You can disable it if you don’t want it.
I think it's a good idea, I received many insults in my mailbox playstation network, I prefer to read the insults in the game chat.
I think the devs said that they would not put that in, most likely hoping to keep toxicity off of the consoles but like you guys said you get it through the inbox for console so it wouldn't be a big difference in that case. So i say why not, it will just keep it out of players inbox for console.
wait lobby chat would be good. in case people wanna coordinate hatch escapes, streamers, shiny coin offerings, etc.
The absolute best thing about consoles is there IS NO END GAME CHAT! Do not ruin it, by asking for it. I believe that the end game chat should be REMOVED from PC as its only a salt fest in there.
I would be okay with end game chat, then I could show how sportsmanlike I am while everyone tells me to kill myself!
I agree! I hate the click the name and then click the send a message ect. It is very time consuming IMO
it's decent on PC but it's because of the keyboard. I'm not sure it would work well on consoles.
End of game chat is 100% not needed or wanted on consoles.
I've been told to kill myself multiple times and that Jesus is fake... Christians are stupid... etc etc...
And that I'm a hypocrite for playing a scary, evil type game.
Silly kids. No game chat. Please.
The post-game chat can be hidden on PC. If that feature remains intact in the console version then that would mean you can just hide the post-game chat. Plus, it would reduce the amount of hate mail you receive, as salty players can vent their frustrations in post-game chat instead of messaging it to you.
Or you know they can just grow up and keep their comments to themselves.
You would rather hope that the community behaves themselves, rather than just click a single button to hide post-game chat?
Let me tell you something, the post game chat is the last thing you want in your game. The PC version was so much better without it. The post game chat is essentially the source of all the unwritten rules salty players have created. Beforehand people would add you on steam to flame you which most people just ignored the friend requests so the rules didn't get widespread.
That flag never stays off, so yeah it can go, end game chat rarely is pleasant, so why have it?
Well on PSN you can set your privacy so random people can't message you but if you do that and you're in a community chat that blocks messages from everyone so it's like a double edged blade. You can stop people from sending hate mail but you also have to give up talking to people in communities and group text chats.
Because players only have one way to vent on console: hate mail. If they could vent in post-game where you cannot see it then that's less hate mail. Maybe then players can change their privacy settings back.
If they need to vent then they need to take a break and stop the hate. Enabling a way for players "VENT" at other players is not needed, people need to get a grasp. At least if they feel they need to send a hate email then they can be reported to both xbox and sony and have them taken care of.
People need to understand that hate filled messages have repercussions and they are the ones that should be removed from the community.