What to do when youve gotten to a mmr which memey/nice guy playstyles arent enough?
With how strong the gen regression meta and some killers are. I feel ive reached a mmr where just simple meme builds i don't probably have the overall skill (skill diff i know lol) to make use of something like 3 aura reveals+shadowborne to stop gens from popping. (I have to run shadowborne as a motion sick player) should i just tank the losses until my mmr gets to the point where i can play memey? Or should i keep up with running the meta as it actually gives me a fighting chance in the upper mmr? Im also not one to tunnel or camp to bring a match back. So what do you think? I know its ultimately up to me but i like another opinion.
Comments
You should take the loss (not really a loss).
If you want to play a bit funnier you should not try to kill all.
At higher MMR the fun gets sucked out.
It's what ever is more fun for you. If you like to compete with those people running meta build and who are probably more skillful start adding a couple slowdowns to your build. You don't even have to full commit just pain res might help you on it's own. If you really like doing the memey nice guy playstyles, stick with it.
Dumb answer is - do you boo. Lol, what i mean is play by mood. If you don't want to sweat, you have fun being memey then just keep playing that way. Your mmr will fluctuate so that a good half of your games will be well balanced for you in the long run. The rest of the games will be crazy sweaty or super nooby because the mmr system isn't that reliable so just play for fun, have a good time and lump the losses.
You keep playing as you usually do, even if it means losing a few matches, until mmr settles you back into your comfort bracket where memey and nice work ! =)
Changing up your playstyle at the cost of your fun by switching towards meta and ruthless strats will not make your games any more pleasant. If the game thought you could now handle more experienced teams, suddenly having a spike in kills from being more efficient will cement that rise towards brackets where meme builds and nice playstyles don't find their place. And after that, it's gonna be a long trek down and a lot of losses necessary until you can go back to the laid-back mmr you enjoy.
Generally, accepting losses and slowing down the mmr gain by giving hatch are good ways of giving yourself time to grow in skill.
At least, that's what I do, and I'm pretty satisfied with my games so far.
You lose and stay at an MMR where you can do such antics. You're asking to be able to play un-optimally and still win which is a large ask especially if your opponents know how to play optimally and they aren't also goofing around/playing nice.
I recommend you play your fun enjoyable builds, playing a try hard build and only going for wins gets very boring and frustrating really fast in my opinion.
Don't try to meta game the mmr system.
If you change now how you want to play and climb further it will be really hard to go back.
Most people who say they don't stand a chance without the best of the best perks and playing as hardcore as they can are in this scenario
Just play what you want and take the occational loss on the chin. It will lead to a way more enjoyable experience
I play with memey builds as a survivor at times and have a consistent escape/death rate. I feel as though I'm in a good spot MMR-wise, as most people I play with or against have the same energy as me. With the odd exception. I think the key is to not care about the losses and just let your MMR settle where it does. If rising in MMR is important to you, then stick with gen regression builds.
The thing about meme builds is that you are knowingly putting yourself at a disadvantage, because chances are the people you are playing with are using meta builds. But that's where half the fun is imo.
At some point survivors will realize that M1 on gens wins games. That is where you can't compete without slowdown anymore. Losing against these people doesn't seem to help (personal experience) because even seemingly less experienced survivors often enough bring toolboxes and perks that will allow them to progress the game faster than you could ever hope for.
My matches are pretty boring atm because the survivors I face don't really challenge me in chase but they'll win anyway because I don't use slowdown.
I wish you better luck than myself because this gets dull after a while.