Eruption Nerf: BHVR - This Is A Bad Idea.

From the patch notes:

First, Eruption will now cause the generator to lose 10% of its current progress, not total. This means the effect will be less severe on generators with less progress, but more impactful on generators that are nearly completed.


Second, Eruption will no longer apply the Incapacitated effect to Survivors who were repairing the generator when it exploded. Instead, Survivors who are actively working on the generator will scream and reveal their aura to the Killer for 10 seconds. Not only will this make the perk less frustrating for solo players, but it will also give the Killer crucial information on the other Survivors’ whereabouts so they can attempt to interrupt them.


We hope you’ll find this new version of Eruption to be much more comparable to other generator related perks!

Before you type something along the lines of 'lol QQ moar killer mains' - think about this for a second, because this is going to basically destroy the remnants of the somewhat varied meta we had for a while.

Was hoping that they'd change it to be powerful, but less annoying. Eruption was only a problem against solos - the power of the perk wasn't the issue, it was that it felt nasty to play against.

This is a massive nerf. It's still going to be pure garbage versus SWFs, and now also mediocre versus solos. It's...not quite a Thana level 'yeah, we don't want anyone using this perk again ever stay mad' sort of nerf - but it's still ridiculously heavy handed and unnecessary.

The aura reading is cute, I guess, but you'd be better off with NTH.

The regression nerf is massively unneeded. This is now just a really, really mediocre perk.

Keep in mind that PR was still at a higher pick rate - meaning that now, despite the stated goals of the 6.1.0 changes to make the meta more varied, we'll now be entering a point where the killer meta is less varied than before - with PR builds really being the only way to keep up with the crazy Stakeout + Hyperfocus + Toolboxes + PTS genrush squads.

And now, I will bet dollars to donuts, once Pain Resonance hits 50%+ usage rates, we'll be seeing that nerfed too.

Yeah, I'm a little annoyed about this - because it should have come with a nerf to the silly 'faster gen' perks I'm seeing more and more of.

We'll see how it plays out I guess but ouch.

I think what bothers me here is that it's yet another example of how differently BHVR treats killer and survivor perks that they feel need adjusting.

Dead Hard - reworked, still really good, if not better in some areas.

Thana, Ruin, Pop, Overcharge, now Eruption -

image.png


Comments

  • I’ll laugh if the survivor queue times go back to how they were pre meta shakeup especially if the upcoming perk updates are going to nerf other regression perks too.

    This change will definitely affect Kill rates negatively.

  • This is not bad.

    we all know BHVR want changing the game from "swf>killer>solo" to "swf>solo>killer", and now they success

  • @KingFieldShipper said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3341917#Comment_3341917

    I personally never cared that I got dead handed for distance back in the day. But that didn’t mean the perk wasn’t broken. Eruption IS broken and IS a problem, solely because of incapacitation, and the fact you could (still can with this nerf too) get hit with eruption working in a gen previously kicked ages ago that was at 0, and then you’d be out of the game for 25 seconds. Things can be broken, regardless of your fun in dodging it or not.

    I really just wanted to say goodbye to the OP, because he went out of his way to play survivor and work around Eruption.

    So in short: I appreciated the effort he put into figuring out how the perk actually worked and where it did what it did. And where it did not much of anything.

    But, to you.

    Broken was Hex: Huntress Lullaby.

    Eruption did what the card said and wasn't broken by the definition of the word. It was annoying. It was difficult to work around. But broken doesn't mean those things.

    Clearly your intent in @ing me, was not to debate definitions, it was to imply that your fun is more valuable than mine. You could have just said that.

  • @BlueHorkew said:

    Eruption is dead, good.

    Also i doubt they will nerf Pain Res, its one of the most fair regression perks i doubt they would touch it, it would be really unnecessary.

    Same with Pop and well..

  • Pop numbers were way harsher

    I do hope for them to reconsider and give it a nerfed flat regression, 15% or 20%.

    I would take the 15% but removing the timer as way to buff Pop

  • @squbax said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3341440#Comment_3341440

    You are delusional if you think pain res is not gonna be the next thing people complain until its useless, unless the new chapter has some incredibly good regression, I expect pain res to get nerfed in the nect midchapter update, maybe deadmans along with it.

    nobody has been complaining about it. Stop with the doomsday attitude and get over yourself

1 2 3 ›