Please talk with me about the Artist

Starting to main her. I play on console and usually main blight, pyramid head, and sometimes play dredge and nemesis. Really liking her as she has a learning curve. Getting snipes on people is satisfying and just like her general feel. Although I feel like her add ons need looking at as they are mostly useless and weak. The only ones that stand out for me are the severed hands, oblivious add on, cooldown add on, and maybe the mangled/ hemorrhage add on. Other than those I can't find value for anything else that fits my playstyle. The build I like is dead man's switch, thrilling tremors, resonance, and bbq. What are your thoughts on her as a killer main or survivor main, and do you agree with me or disagree with my stance on her add ons? Would love to see a change to her add on kit but that's just me.

Comments

  • Love playing her but yes her addons are mostly crap. I wish they would give thought to these but it’s all just kinda slapstick work on these the first go it seems.

  • @Davenport916 said:

    Starting to main her. I play on console and usually main blight, pyramid head, and sometimes play dredge and nemesis. Really liking her as she has a learning curve. Getting snipes on people is satisfying and just like her general feel. Although I feel like her add ons need looking at as they are mostly useless and weak. The only ones that stand out for me are the severed hands, oblivious add on, cooldown add on, and maybe the mangled/ hemorrhage add on. Other than those I can't find value for anything else that fits my playstyle. The build I like is dead man's switch, thrilling tremors, resonance, and bbq. What are your thoughts on her as a killer main or survivor main, and do you agree with me or disagree with my stance on her add ons? Would love to see a change to her add on kit but that's just me.

    Love her to pieces. If her addons were more interesting, I'd main her.

    Hands are her BIS. Oblivious is sort of meh, as they will just anticipate your approach. I'd say her second best is the brown 'Sticky Tar' one. And that's just...so silly.

    Not a massive fan of that build, to be honest.

    Artist loves aura reading but BBQ is just...butt. Maybe 75% of the time, any survivor aura I'm going to see will be completely blocked by the gen they are working on.

    Following your theme, I'd go:

    Pain Resonance + DMS

    Discordance (trust me on this one)

    Either Agitation (for guaranteed PR + DMS every down, plus a ton of free damage against folks trying to bodyblock) or Floods of Rage (massive aura reading perk).

    I also really, really like Lethal on her.

  • I'm a big fan of Carrion and Tar

  • Pretty much all of her purple add-ons are good. Not exciting, but very good. I personally like Matias' Baby Shoes (survivor aura reading near birds) for anti-loop, it takes away the guessing of when to send it out. And like you said, Severed Hands is probably her best add-on. But Ink Egg and Severed Tongue are still great too, just not my preference.

    My usual build is BBQ, DMS, Deadlock and Pain Res. For obvious reasons, BBQ synergises with DMS and Pain Res. I use Deadlock as well because my playstyle is kinda scummy. You can keep survivors off gens extremely well by also proxy-camping the hook with Severed Hands + DMS + Deadlock. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's what I used and did when I was learning Artist and it still almost never fails me now.

    Plus, you could always try some other add-on combos. Festering Carrion + Velvet Fabric is decent if you like to try and snipe survivors. A nice aura reading perk build would go well with this, something like Lethal, BBQ, Pain Res, DMS, or whatever you fancy.

    Realistically she doesn't have any gameplay-changing add-ons, just things to boost certain playstyles. But I think she's fun regardless.

  • @Davenport916 said:

    Starting to main her. I play on console and usually main blight, pyramid head, and sometimes play dredge and nemesis. Really liking her as she has a learning curve. Getting snipes on people is satisfying and just like her general feel. Although I feel like her add ons need looking at as they are mostly useless and weak. The only ones that stand out for me are the severed hands, oblivious add on, cooldown add on, and maybe the mangled/ hemorrhage add on. Other than those I can't find value for anything else that fits my playstyle. The build I like is dead man's switch, thrilling tremors, resonance, and bbq. What are your thoughts on her as a killer main or survivor main, and do you agree with me or disagree with my stance on her add ons? Would love to see a change to her add on kit but that's just me.

    Please don’t go from a Blight main to an Artist main, the only killer imo you should main over Blight is Hillbilly. As a survivors pov going against Artist is straight up boring…I do respect you playing Blight on controller tho, are you on 100 sensitivity?

  • Her best addons that you can't go wrong with in any game are the cooldown and time to remove the birds for Survivors. These two together are good since it gives you like 1 sec extra to hit them.

    Her addons aren't crazy powerfull but that's a good thing since her base kit is very strong by default. Adding more extra power would turn her into Blight with best addons or something close to it (aka OP).

  • I wish I understood how she plays versus good survivors. I, of all people, should be able to make the birb lady work but I just can’t.

  • She's my main and also love the snipe playstyle. Servered Hands fits that so well, 2nd addon you can toss it up between Thorny Nest ,Silver Bell, Matias Shoes, Or Tar. I personally go with Thorny Nest for the little extra slowdown and to punish healing under hooks.

    Perk wise, DMS and PR is her bread and butter. Thrilling tremors is pointless if you're using BBQ.

    I use Lethal pursuer / Hex: Face the Darkness or Floods of Rage / Pain Resonance / Dead Man's Switch.

    Severed hands plays nicely with Lethal and Face the Darkness from the get go, try it.

  • @Davenport916 said:

    Starting to main her. I play on console and usually main blight, pyramid head, and sometimes play dredge and nemesis. Really liking her as she has a learning curve. Getting snipes on people is satisfying and just like her general feel. Although I feel like her add ons need looking at as they are mostly useless and weak. The only ones that stand out for me are the severed hands, oblivious add on, cooldown add on, and maybe the mangled/ hemorrhage add on. Other than those I can't find value for anything else that fits my playstyle. The build I like is dead man's switch, thrilling tremors, resonance, and bbq. What are your thoughts on her as a killer main or survivor main, and do you agree with me or disagree with my stance on her add ons? Would love to see a change to her add on kit but that's just me.

    she's boring to me. personally, i just cant find any interest in her kit as a whole. she feels like a smite lineshot character. like... take pyramid head and trapper and combine the two without all the cool pyramid head stuff and boom. artist.

    i wish i'd used my 9000 iridescent shards on trickster or plague tbh. but anyway you don't care about that.


    birds of torment spawns idle dire crows. crows can be used for damage or scouting.

    the repel action defeats the purpose of being forced into a locker, but the idea is that survivors should be getting into lockers.

    as they repel they're supposed to be hit with a dire crow to injure them since you see their last known position.


    perks like iron maiden and darkness revealed along with aura and notification perks such as im all ears and spies from the shadows etc. give you the ability to shoot through walls with your crows.

    shes 4.6 with a standard 32m radius. so it's not like you need a ton of movement speed amd youre not a stealth killer.

  • Artist favorite and best perk is Spies from the Shadows 🐦