The truth about the DBD community
Whether you're a killer main or survivor main, the truth is always the same; people suck and will be toxic whether they win or lose. If they lose, they'll complain about your perks, your playstyle, your killer, your/their teammates, the map, the tiles, the game's code not being functional, or anything in between. If they win, they will belittle you, humiliate you as much as they can, all to stroke their tiny egos with a meaningless win on a casual online game.
So godspeed. Run Eruption, run DH, use your best addons, bring BNPs, bring Adrenaline, bring flashlights. Don't try to bother yourself with the enjoyment of the person on the other side of the screen, because I guarantee you they don't care about yours. Don't stroke the fires of toxicity, but don't let anyone - not in post game, not in this forum, not in any discord server - tell you how you should play the game. If you play to win, play to win. If you play to meme, play to meme. At the end of the day, you're meant to derive enjoyment from the game. If you're doing so, then keep doing what you're doing, and let the whiners whine.
Comments
I’d upvote this post 10 times if I could.
This post should be shown every time you launch the game
Eh...I've never been a fan of this mindset.
The reality is that the toxic players do tend to stick in your mind, that's not the vast majority of the playerbase. And there is always another person behind the screen.
Bring any perks you want, but I do try to remember that toxicity breeds more toxicity, but being a fun, friendly killer/survivor tends to push that mindset forward - even if one person is salty in postgame.
Yay another regurgitated forum post.
While I do see the OP's point, and I agree to an extent, I agree more with StarLost here.
To futher expand on how I see it, I actually play both Killer and Survivor, tending to play Killer when I am alone and survivor with my streamer friends. So, I play both with a mindset of "Do Unto Others How You Would Like Them to Do Unto You" and it overall serves me well. Yea, I get found first a lot of the time. Yea, I get tunneled out a lot of the time. Yeah I get facecamped a lot of the time. But, I can't tell you how often we have the killer come into Twitch chat after the game and say GG. Now, a lot of streamers get pissed about that, they'll get super toxic about "You camped me, you're trash" and stuff like that, but the streamers I watch don't do that. We thank them for coming in, and welcome them to our community. My DBD name doesn't match my Twitch name, so I'll tag them in chat and say "GG I was the Claire" not be angry because I feel they tunneled me. Because in the end, we believe this is just a game and we try to keep things positive always. Heck, one streamer I follow has a "Toxic Chainsaw Massacre" redeem where he plays Bubba and does all the things survivors think is toxic about Bubba, and he's gotten a lot of followers after that because when they come into his chat to complain, they are thrown by how awesome he is. They realize that in the end, its just a game and only you can choose to make it fun for yourself.
I swear, playing survivor after...maybe 500 hours of nothing-but-killer really changed how I saw the game. Because when you're on a killer in a game against better survivors, you can feel completely powerless - but the same holds true for survivor.
Now I play to win, sure, but I also tend to ease up if I'm stomping as killer and let folks pip/get some BP, finish a few gens, give them some healing to do etc. I don't farm, but unless someone suicides, I'll leave with 35k BP and they'll leave with 20k+
I like that.
One of the core problems with survivor is how stupidly their emblem rewards and BP gain is designed - it's entirely possible to leave a match with sub 5k BP and depip, for reasons mostly beyond your control. It's why I still prefer killer.
OH yea, totally. That's why both sides I have never been higher than Gold IV and rarely get out of Bronze. People say "Getting to Iridescent I isn't about how well you play, it's just how much you play." but that's not true really. Only those that are actually good say that because it's so easy for them. But me, as you said, even when I escape sometimes I depip anyway as I spent most of the time on the hook and didn't get a chance to actually do anything, or even killer side, you get gen rushed and even if you eek out a 4k in the end, you still didn't get all the chases and such to get your emblems so you depip.
Thats what I want playing as survivor. I dont need to escape, but at least give me " false hope" that there is a chance that I can escape. People only do things if they know the result can be difference: think they can escape if they do Gen.
1 died at 4 Gens give no hope (yes its survivors' fault for have 1 dies at 4 Gens), there for the next survivor will suicide on hook or not willing to play. Do Gen or not, they will die anyway, so they dont do Gen, its just a simple human psychology
in the doubt i'll play some bubba and put a tent near the hook
you know, i've a golden rule for my games: if you play normally without doing nothing that i can consider annoying, i'll probably play just for the chases, without thinking to play optimally or "scummy" in order to get kills, but if i see certain types of behavior that i shouldn't have seen (abusing certain perks like bodyblocking with basekit bt or DS me without being tunneled for example, doing a gen in my face instead of running away, squads with full items or people that WILLINGLY abuse certain broken loops like the house in the garden of joy map), i'll make sure to be merciless (and toxic if they start tbagging or throwing tantrums in the endchat). Clearly i found more matches where people play like toxic brats (8 on 10 matches) so this is slowly becaming my gameplay (at least the 1st part: i'll never be toxic if i'm not taunted)
Most people don't suck in this game. At least not in a toxic way.
I play relaxed as killer, and most survivors I encounter are really nice and encouraging. I've been told more "keep going you're doing well !" than "get good", after 0k and 3k alike.
I play relaxed as survivor, and most killers I encounter are sweet in endgame chat if I show them I'm not gonna insult them or they playstyle.
Toxic people are what you'll remember more, but most people in this game are neutral or nice. They're random people like you and me. No reason to assume before a match is even played that you'll encounter toxicity.
the best thing is when you max out BP in gen repairs and still only get a golden emblem because there is one fraction of a mm missing on objective.
or when it says you had two chases lost when the killer disconnected and you never even touched his terror radius.
Weirdly (and I'll have the data up next month) - games where I camped, tunneled or slugged have the exact rate of suicides/DCs/AFKs as when I play like this.
Because most of these quitters happen on the first one or two downs, or the first time you hook someone. I've had people suicide when I was at 3 hooks, it was their first hook and they had 1 gen left. I've also had people quit the second I started playing chill, and type 'just ###### end it moron' in postgame.
Each players have their own weird way to play.
Pffft ahahaha. That was great.
Felix's little face in the second panel XD
These panels might be some of my favorites of yours <3
I swear people dc vs me in very winnable positions more often than losing games. All I can think is they alt+f4d and are going to bed.
Those your own drawings? Love them, share them more please.
They all are
I play this game like I would a dollar scratch off ticket. I get the ticket. I scratch it. I'm having fun. If I don't win I look at it and go, meh. And toss the ticket.
If I win 2.00 I say cool. I win 2 dollars. I'm not overly excited it's just all good. That way I tend to have the most fun.
Just remember. Play how you want. Just try to win and lose with dignity.