Fixing The Pig
Most the community would generally agree Pig is quite weak so I’m curious how everyone would improve her. List your ideas and what you think her core issues are.
I personally think her biggest issue is her crouch and ambush being extremely lackluster. The crouch is so slow that it generally costs you too much time and can only be used very selectively. Her ambush is also way too telegraphed and not usable at 90% of loops since they can just hold w away as soon as you crouch.
Lastly she has a ton of bad addons that need improvements or reworks.
Changes I’d personally do:
- Move the roar on ambush to the end instead of the beginning of the charge.
- Increase the charge speed and how fast she travels on release.
- Deep wounds on successfully ambush
- Crouch and uncrouch is faster
- Crouch move speed increased
- Rule Set #2 at base kit, everyone’s always asked for this
- Quite a few addon improvements/reworks
Comments
You are not asking for a Fix, you are asking for a Buff. Buffs or Nerfs are no "Fixes".
While her Dash and Stealth need some love, her Traps really should not be too oppressive. They are there to waste time. Not to give consistent kills.
I like the ideas but I still feel like nerfing her traps a little bit in exchange for all these buffs would be fair. Don't get me wrong her traps shouldn't be useless but at least the Tampered Timer, Bag of Gears and Crate of Gears addons could use some small nerfs. Would also be nice if a survivor couldn't die while working on a box. I wouldn't be too against her ambush breaking pallets as well.
1) Sure why not
2) Makes sense
3) Why???
4) I can get behind this
5) Yea
6) No... they removed it for a reason
7) Maybe... I really think that it should be left as an addon
8) Same... some of those other suggestions would help
9) Why... if they do make Rule Set #2 basekit there's no reason for it... and if they did add in Jigsaw Boxes to it... it would be dumb from a Survivors perspective
If we’re gonna play semantics it is indeed a fix. A fix can be both a fix and a buff simultaneously, these are not mutually exclusive.
On the subject of increased box lethality I agree, will update changes.
We can remove Tampered Timer, it’s not even her best head pop addon.
Rule Set #2 does not discourage them from doing boxes as you’re saying, it simply makes them waste more time.
Having her roar more towards the rear of the ambush would be nice, and maybe the tacking from Feral thingy might help.
I've never considered Deep Wounds being added, that's interesting, however I'd favor a timed Broken status.
Her crouch times and speed could use number twerking yeah.
They did go through many of her add-ons a while back, improving a few of them, but there's still more possibilities there.
She has some of the strongest in-built slowdown out of any killer so you'd need to nerf her traps a little if you wanted to meaningfully buff her Ambush. And her Ambush -does- need to be buffed, as it stands it's only realy useable at smaller loops, and most survivors will just leave the loop when they see Pig crouching.
Her Traps are fine, just her chase power and ambush that need improvements. In addition to speedier transition and faster speed during the ambush, I’d like to see it work like Demo or Bubba’s M2 where it can break pallets.
The only fix on Pig is the RNG with traps, it should be a fixed number or something else but right now, if you are unlucky your traps are removed in less than 15 seconds
Didn't they make the Boxes a fixed number... 1-4 (a total of 12 boxes need to be searched divided between 4 Survivors which means... 4-4-3-1 is the bench mark)
It should be like that but it is not like that at all unless i have meet ( and that's very possibile ) and incredible numbers of cheater removing the traps in a second. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it works like that and sometime the trap kill the survivor but in amany, many, many of my pig's game, traps are removed way to fast not near the fixed 12 boxes number
I had a game yesterday with pig. The first trap was removed at the first search, ok fine. The second trap again was removed at the first search. Third and fourth trap took a little longer but still less than 30 seconds, i'll upload the video if i still have ( or i'll play another pig match just to show how fast traps are removed when if i use rule 2 addon )
but, again, it could be cheating since there are so many right now
Pig DESERVES to be buffed because its a fun killer to play with/against! Amanda Young deserves more attention (''Hello Zepp'' chase music PLEASE)
Her Basekit Definitely could use some buffs. Mainly number changes.
Increasing her crouch movement speed from 92 to 97% movement speed is something they should definitely do. Playing stealthy as Pig can be a hinderance when Survivors are focusing on gen. She’s just so slow in comparison to other killers with no terror radius when crouched.
Increasing the Duration/travel distance on her Ambush by like 10% would also be helpful imo.
- Improve her crouching and Ambush Speed
- Make The Roar she makes at the end of the Ambush charge, so that survivors don't immediately know they're in danger.
- Make her Ambush Attack break pallets
- Increase her RBT amount to 5
- Increase the distance and speed of her Ambush Attack
Firstly focus her add-ons on her ambush/crouch instead of traps to make them less lethal
Then you can buff ambush
Honestly, just speed up crouching and ambush a little. Using her add ons that do this basically makes were completely fine.
I haven't played any games against high-skill players (I've only played for about two months, so I'm quite there yet), but I think many of the complaints about the Pig come from people wishing she was a stealth killer or wanting her traps to be reliable killing tools.
Anyway, I would suggest:
Other than that:
1) This could work
2) Addons already do this. I kinda like that the addons either affect the traps, or the ambush, so you can adjust these to your playstyle.
3) I think this could work. Although, it should be either this, or what I suggested about "basic attack". Combining both would be probably too strong.
4+5) Same as number 2 - there are already an addons for this. But maybe a little bit faster crouch/uncrouch as base kit wouldn't hurt.
6) I have to say no to this. About a week ago, I wanted to try out the Pig with the Tape and Rules #2 combo and for the survivors it was an absolute nightmare. Sure, I'm not in the "pro league" and there the people would have known how to counter this, but in that game the players were have obviously never been in this setup, and the combo of starting with RBTs on their heads and inability to see the box auras at all was was just brutal. They were confused and spent the first 10 minutes just searching for the boxes. A skilled team would have known to repair one gen and then they would have been able to see the box auras. However, if Set of rules becomes basekit, that means you would be able to take another addon on top of that. E.g. the Jigsaw's Sketch. In that case the survivors would start with traps on their heads, they would not be able to see the box auras AND if they start repairing a gen, you'll see the gen's aura. There would be no counterplay, unless you rewise all addons to make sure these situations cannot occur.
So after I ran some numbers making all of her brown addons basekit would help her out a lot... either that or messing with the numbers with those addons
A lot of the number don't seem like much... but you feel the change
Also adjusting the fade of TR would also help
And yes making her TR 28M sounds even better
It's supposed to be, but it can be fairly far off. As a survivor with the first RBT on, I've had trials where I got it off on the first box, and trials it took six boxes.