TBF, new leatherface game coming out shortly so could be a licensing issue with the release of a new game. I imagine these licenses are reviewed regularly so timing could be to coincide with release of that game?
Guys the ANOES perks have different names within the files, as does every single licenced perk. I'd imagine it's there more as a failsafe, such as when ANOES couldn't be released onto Switch or Windows Store for a bit so those players got the perks in the general pool along with an altered icon and name instead of the licenced versions.
If there's something to panic about, then I will gladly eat my words, but this isn't even the first time it's happened. People noticed it for the Halloween chapter a while back too, and as far as I'm aware the relationship between BHVR and Compass is still going strong considering the most recent Halloween licence renewal went off without a hitch.
Both DBD and the new TCSM game are licenced from Vortex, so it's entirely possible they could not want 2 different games including their IP, but until there's any official confirmation I'd suggest not jumping to the worst possible conclusion every time.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'd assume this is a coding oopsy rather than anything bad (and if it is bad, I can't imagine either Mandy or Peanits could talk about it).
Hopefully only Netflix having the business sense of a toddler is the only reason we lose DLC and that it'll never happen again
Oh god, not another chapter.
I could understand that but when stranger things revealed new names it was removed from the store.
TBF, new leatherface game coming out shortly so could be a licensing issue with the release of a new game. I imagine these licenses are reviewed regularly so timing could be to coincide with release of that game?
Huh.
That's...certainly odd.
I hope not simply because I don't want Knock Out available as a general perk.
As mentioned above, there is the new Chainsaw Massacre game coming out.
Also the 2022 Chainsaw Massacre movie was a Netflix production so there is a little worry it might be Stranger Things again.
Yea, I saw this circulating in Tweeter then someone said is a bug. So were not sure yet.
I swear if we lose the leatherface license over another asymm game that will be dead a year after it's launch...do IP holders hate money?
If this happens it would surely come back. Like you said it's throwing away money.
The only thing that should go is his bs camping. Which is 5 years overdue.
He can stay because he's cute how he carries his cainsaw like it's his teddy bear.
That’s certainly sus. Following for an answer.
Guys the ANOES perks have different names within the files, as does every single licenced perk. I'd imagine it's there more as a failsafe, such as when ANOES couldn't be released onto Switch or Windows Store for a bit so those players got the perks in the general pool along with an altered icon and name instead of the licenced versions.
If there's something to panic about, then I will gladly eat my words, but this isn't even the first time it's happened. People noticed it for the Halloween chapter a while back too, and as far as I'm aware the relationship between BHVR and Compass is still going strong considering the most recent Halloween licence renewal went off without a hitch.
Both DBD and the new TCSM game are licenced from Vortex, so it's entirely possible they could not want 2 different games including their IP, but until there's any official confirmation I'd suggest not jumping to the worst possible conclusion every time.