Please help me.

So, I main Pyramid Head and every game i get gen rushed and its really starting to ######### with me. my current build is dead man's, pain res, lethal, and bbq. what should i change with my build that REALLY works with pyramid head?

Comments

  • just tunnel straight away like many from this forum are doing, with PH it's easier cause u avoid OTR/DS/BT. if u want to actually get good, start using his power in a more of an opressive way, don't predict shot like many PH's are doing but make sure ur confirming what they're doing at the loop to get a free hit or free M2 hit.

  • @Heytherebigguy said:

    just tunnel straight away like many from this forum are doing, with PH it's easier cause u avoid OTR/DS/BT. if u want to actually get good, start using his power in a more of an opressive way, don't predict shot like many PH's are doing but make sure ur confirming what they're doing at the loop to get a free hit or free M2 hit.

    alright, what about the build?

  • I play PH a fair amount, but I rarely use aura reading on him. There are a few different directions you could go.

    1. Deadman's for Eruption, keep Pain Res or swap it with another gen defense like Deadlock/Jolt, lethal you could keep or go to Corrupt Intervention, BBQ is solid, but it can go too if you aren't confident in its payoff in your games. That also dedicates 2 hook-related perks to him, which may or may not get value depending on whether you cage or hook. You could switch it for Pop or IAE
    2. IAE or Jolt, COB, Eruption, POP
    3. POP, COB, NTH, Tinkerer
  • As a former PH main, my go to is lethal, nowhere to hide, eruption, infectious/dissolution

    infectious fright is great for understanding when to cage vs pick up. Dissolution is great because you can play around pallets and your m2 can hit through loops anyways.

    don’t try to predict hits, think of your power as a border collie corralling your herd in to places you want them to go. With this play style STBFL can get you immense pressure, replace infectious or dissolution with STBFL, as I never change the first three perks (hopefully the gen kick meta changes soon imo)

  • I love how no one is asking about your play style. With those perks all relying on pressure from hooks, if your chases are taking too long you lose a lot of pressure. How long does it take for you to secure your first down of the game? If the first chase takes too long, you're effectively playing perkless with that build.

    Lethal is amazing, I run this in nearly every build anymore. Corrupt intervention usually means the survivors have to cross the map or at least move away from their closest gen before they can get started on anything. Corrupt is nice, but isn't strictly necessary if you can down a survivor quickly in your first chase.

    The other two are dependent on what your long term goal is. I usually run at least one regression perk, unless I'm doing a meme build. If you feel you have no room to improve in the game, then eruption/brine is popular.

    If you think you have room to improve at the killer or in chases, then you can use one perk slot for I'm All Ears. That plus lethal is basically free wall hacks that cuts chases a lot shorter, and it's amazing on that killer. It may not win you games immediately, but you'll get better at having faster downs, which is critical for map pressure.

  • Dead Man's and Pain Res is a fun combo, but only works well if you can get your downs quickly.

    Also having 3 of your perks revolve around hooks when the killer youre playing can bypass hook states is an odd choice. I also just wouldnt do that in general, because youre only getting value out of your perks when you hook someone. You want some other perks that can help you throughout the entire match.

    The build I run on Pyramidhead is Ruin, Undying, Lethal, I'm All Ears and its been working pretty decently for me.

  • Dead Man's Switch and Pain Resonance was a good combo before the nerf, now it is kinda of questionable use, specially on Pyramidhead. If you want to get use out of this combo, use it on a killer like Artist or Blight who can get survivors out of gens quickly.

    As for a new build, I normally use Eruption, Call of Brine and Pain Resonance on every killer (except Twins). The forth perk I usually run Franklin's, but I guess that if you don't like it you can use something else like Surge, Plaything and I'm All Ears (which is very good on PH). There is so much a good build can help you though, if survivors are really eager to gen rush you, it won't really save you.

  • I would drop DMS and run either nowhere to hide or im all ears (if you’re good with his M2).

    Best strategy is to keep your tormented survivors tormented until death hook. ( do not cage them ) It’s a little scummy, but tunnel them down off 2nd hook and get the mori.

  • try swapping deadmans with deadlock and drop lethal for im all ears, bbq could also be dropped for call of brine imo, you can function fine without bbq and im all ears will get you hits through walls like at shack

  • I am a full on Pyramid Head main, and even on bad days I am doing rather good with him.

    My build, which evolved out of @GoodBoyKaru s go-to build and who even wrote a pretty good guide on Pyramid Head, is extremely aggressive and has absolutely no slow-down. The only reason I am not drowned in gen popping sounds is that I am constantly in the survivors face and chasing someone, ideally in a very brutal, fast and efficient chase.

    The build is LethalPursuer/IamAllEars/NowhereToHide/AwakenedAwareness and it resolves around you constantly seeing something around the interesting places in the game, ie around gens or where you downed someone or in a chase with I am all Ears. IAAE is probably Pyramid Heads strongest perk, as it will allow you regularly to see survivors auras where they can't see you but you can still hit them with your POTD. Hitting your POTD at first will be quite challenging, especially with survivors having such a good warning and how your projectile isnt instant, but has a travel time from closer to you to farthest away, but with enough training the frustration will make way for a very rewarding and fun killer.

    Lethal Pursuer allows you to start a chase right off the bat, I would suggest to go for the gen with 2 or more survivors, as you can often defend the gen while also doing some damage. If you can approach the gen from an unseen angle and then send a potshot right through the positions where the survivors will be kneeling you can often catch 2 or even 3, but the latter is pretty rare.

    Nowhere to hide has become a new favorite, whenever I come upon a partially done gen during my patrols I kick it and more often then I care to admit I see a survivor hiding behind a wall or bush ... well, take aim and POTD!

    Awakened Awareness is a bit weaker, but it basically serves the same purpose: when picking up survivors and hauling them over to hooks I every so often see another one hiding nearby, and they are basically never prepared to get a projectile to their face seconds after you hook their mate. You hit the lucky pot when you see a sneaky survivor nearby entering a locker, because thats essentially two downs and hooks for the price of one. Its really savage and puts a lot of pressure on the other team mates --- but be careful, it also leads to a surprising amount of rage quits and DCs.

    The trails I sometimes leave strategically in doorways or under window vaults that I know that the survivor will come down later, but I dont bother with anything more complicated. Under the window of the Garden of Joys main building though can be a good detection tool, as the survivors will sometimes leap out silently when they hear you entering the house and it could provide some nice value later, if you happen to down them.

    Lastly, most people know that Pyramid Heads add-ons are pretty meh. The three range increases are very good, but everything else is okay-ish at best. The shoter cooldown/power regeneration for example: you can lay more trails, but are still limited to 100 stacks, so its not like you could suddenly cover half the map.

    One notable expetion that I sometimes enjoy is the Crimson ceremony book. With this one every survivor that is effected by your trails will permanently bleed all healing if you interrupt it. Its not something to bank on, but it can be pretty fun and essentially a 5th perk, if you play your cards right.

  • my current build is dead man's, pain res, lethal, and bbq.

    Right there, that's your issue.

    DMS + PR is a decent enough combination on almost every killer, because almost every killer will consistently and reliably be hooking survivors. Pyramid Head is not every other killer.

    Scourge Hook RNG makes the perk bad enough, but adds in a snazzy little do I take the extra downtime for the SH value or do I go for a regular hook and get back into the game quicker. Pyramid Head's biggest strength is his lack of downtime.

    As PH, you should be thinking on if it's worth it to cage someone/Final Judgement them, or hook them regularly. A lot of the time, hooking them causes the most pressure, so the downtime is worth it. But sometimes, you'll want to cage people to help you easily reach a point of no return where the momentum of the match has swung so far in your favour that you've essentially won. Running SH perks has counter synergy to this aspect of his kit, meaning you will almost always be hooking, and almost always be going for a hook that isn't strategically placed to activate your perks, making unecessary downtime longer and ignoring one of the biggest strengths of his kit.

    I'd cut DMS + PR.

    I run Deadlock + Call of Brine instead. Deadlock is both a great information perk (knowing which gens have progress, so should be pressured by you with COB in roughly 30 seconds) and slowdown perk, applying a bonus 120 seconds to any match. 2 free minutes is kinda massive.

    Call of Brine is just... good. It makes kicking gens worth it and, again, helps give you information. Plus, it isn't Eruption, so you won't be hung alive by any solo queue player.

    Moreover, BBQ is outdated, especially on Pyramid Head. Hooking is overrated tbh, and the information it provides isn't that valuable, especially when you consider you have no movement ability so no way to capitalise on the 4 (6, technically) seconds of aura reading BBQ provides. Swap it out for I'm All Ears, which is easily his best perk ever and will help you hit sub-10 second chases.

    Lethal can stay. We like Lethal.

    Add-on wise, run 2x range add-ons. Don't get reliant on them, but Burning Man Painting + Wax Doll just make me happy.

  • now i dont wanna self promo here and im hella sure ill get flagged for it, but do you all think you all can join a twitch stream of mine ONLY to see how i play with a new build? its nowhere to hide, eruption, call of brine and oppression. IF YOU ALL DO JOIN IT THOUGH PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW ME.

  • @WarzMyth said:

    now i dont wanna self promo here and im hella sure ill get flagged for it, but do you all think you all can join a twitch stream of mine ONLY to see how i play with a new build? its nowhere to hide, eruption, call of brine and oppression. IF YOU ALL DO JOIN IT THOUGH PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW ME.

    I don't think asking for help is really classed as self promo, though I could be wrong.

    Allow VODs to be saved to your channel, find a specific game or couple of games, and paste the VOD link + timestamp(s) here. Tag me, too. I'll get on it tomorrow after work.

    Only if you want, of course.

  • @WarzMyth said:

    So, I main Pyramid Head and every game i get gen rushed and its really starting to ######### with me. my current build is dead man's, pain res, lethal, and bbq. what should i change with my build that REALLY works with pyramid head?

    Problem is that you are using hook perks on a killer whose power partially makes hook perks useless. You should run a build that either:


    • Gives passive gen slowdown
    • Gives stronger chase
    • Gives gen-kick slowdown.
    • Endgame build

    So, something like:


    Passive Slowdown:

    • Deadlock
    • Hex: Undying
    • Hex: Ruin
    • Hex: Pentimento

    Strong Chase:

    • Lethal Pursuer
    • I'm all Ears
    • Anything
    • Anything

    Gen-Kick:

    • Eruption
    • Call of Brine
    • Nowhere to Hide
    • Anything (i like brutal strength)


    something like that.

  • You have three hook related perks despite the fact that you're playing one of the very few killers who can progress without using hooks.

    Cages bypass hook perks for both sides, so if you're not running hook perks, then you're 100% profiting as now survivors can't use BT, OTR, Deliverance, Renewal, We'll Make It, etc.

    Try more chase/info perks and automatic slowdown. Something like:

    • Lethal Pursuer
    • I'm All Ears
    • Save The Best For Last
    • Deadlock

    Or:

    • Lethal Pursuer
    • Nurses Calling
    • Nowhere To Hide
    • Call Of Brine

    Yes each of those are three info/chase perks and one slowdown. Killers like to stack a ton of regression/slowdown perks these days, but the best defence is a good offence.

    The first set allow you to focus 100% on chases, and out-mindgame survivors at loops. The second set is more about keeping tabs on survivors and knowing where they are when you need to. Nowhere To Hide can find you survivors behind walls for your M2, and prevent them tapping the gen right after you kick it. As you get better, you could try swapping CoB for Eruption. Meanwhile Nurses is a neat perk on Pyramid Head, as you can hit healing survivors through walls and potentially get a down and an injure, or two downs in one attack.

  • @WarzMyth said:

    So, I main Pyramid Head and every game i get gen rushed and its really starting to ######### with me. my current build is dead man's, pain res, lethal, and bbq. what should i change with my build that REALLY works with pyramid head?

    I'm having fun with this build currently,hmm 🤔 but huntress lullaby, Merciless Storm, work's better on Pinhead I usually run spirit fury in place of Franklins but this match called for the special occasion

    Picsart_23-01-11_19-27-55-625.jpg


    There are some great suggestions here that others have put in


    I'm not sure what your MMR looks like but it sounds like you're going against , pretty efficient survivor's

    so personally,I would run

    No Way Out (end game)

    Monitor and Abuse (early to mid game)

    Iron Maiden (for shits and giggles) also gives pressure because their not going to just jump back on gen

    Dragons Grip + Eruption sounds fun (Swf communicate and have been letting one take the incapacitated while other finishes gen)

    Fear monger (you can push gen rushers off and they can't use lithe or sprint burst to run)

    I don't normally aura reading is useful for any killer but if you feel comfortable with that perk then keep it in your repertoire

  • @WarzMyth said:

    So, I main Pyramid Head and every game i get gen rushed and its really starting to ######### with me. my current build is dead man's, pain res, lethal, and bbq. what should i change with my build that REALLY works with pyramid head?

    A few tricks.

    • Drop BBQ and replace it with IAE. BBQ doesn't really work well on PH.
    • OR - drop LP and BBQ and pick up Discordance and Devour Hope (PH is incredible at protecting hexes with his trail).
    • OR - drop PR/DMS and pick up Call of Brine and Nowhere to Hide. PH lives and dies on info.
    • I'm not as in love with Eruption as some people are - it tends to make games I'm winning into stomps, and hard games against SWF...it doesn't do much.
    • Always, always try to cage people. If they're looping, put down trails at junctions. When you hook someone, try to put down trails where people will run.
    • Defend hooks. You don't need to camp, but you don't need to make them freebies either. PH can always get a trade.
  • Could help a lot more with a VOD to review. A build is just a build. Won't make up for issues with decision-making, pathing, or power usage in the long run.

  • I got a new build. Oppression, Eruption, call of brine, nowhere to hide. better?

  • Tunnel and camp

    Ez win