Venturing into the absurd - Give killers Portals

So I'm venturing into the absurd here but

what if - each time the killer hooks a survivor for the first time a portal opens in front of the survivor that they have ~10 seconds to enter. When they enter it they can choose to travel to 1 of the furthest 3 hooks from their current location. There will be some kind of notification for nearby survivors but this can help alleviate the issue some killers have of pressuring gens on larger maps. And also, potentially alleviate some of the early game camping/tunneling survivors always complain about.

Again, an absurd outrageous idea. Could even test run the idea as part of a short event to see what the community thinks and determine the impact it has on the game.

Comments

  • It's really not absurd. I read an idea here once where there would be a system of tunnels in each map the killer could traverse on a cooldown to help out killers without mobility.

    I think it, like yours is a rough idea with a lot of potential and good merit. Yours also incentivizes leaving the hook which is very nice

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    It's really not absurd. I read an idea here once where there would be a system of tunnels in each map the killer could traverse on a cooldown to help out killers without mobility.

    I think it, like yours is a rough idea with a lot of potential and good merit. Yours also incentivizes leaving the hook which is very nice

    A system of tunnels that only the killer can use to traverse the map? That sounds kinda sus...

  • I kinda like this idea. It gives the killers with no movement abilities a better chance to apply pressure throughout the map, and encourages hooking multiple survivors. I'm sure the devs could find a fun lore way to make it work, like the entity opening up a rift to reward killers for their success.

  • @Batusalen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3306209#Comment_3306209

    A system of tunnels that only the killer can use to traverse the map? That sounds kinda sus...

    Oh God you're absolutely right. That was the inspiration

  • With that, u need to reword various killers. I doubt this will ever happen. Devs already need over a year to just rework one character (Twins).