The last gen


*long post alert*

I have a story and a question…I’m legitimately curious for the views of both survivor and killer sides on this…


I had a game last night against a 3 man swf and one solo. Meat plant. Krampus Trapper (me). So this team 3 gen’d themselves..as a Trapper main, I really don’t do a 3 gen often..I find it tiresome and I would rather just find a sweet spot and trap it out. However I was pleasantly surprised they did me such a solid by doing this to themselves…

At one gen only one of the swf remained (Nancy) and solo Feng. I patrolled these gens for TEN minutes w none being touched. I was pretty upset at this point as my time is being wasted… and it’s just no fun..and at the meat plant, it can be hard to find stealth survivors.

Finally Feng came out and was trying to get the gen done. Before this happened I was pretty set on continuing my 4k streak..however..I downed her and left her, not to slug for the 4k, but because I was mad and wanted the Nancy who did nothing.


She let Feng bleed out 70%. Never attempted to save. I went back, found Feng, let her wiggle and complete the entire last gen. This whole time I searched for Nancy. No sign. Occasionally checked on the Feng to see if Nancy came to help. No Nancy.


Last gen pops, I go upstairs and sure enough Nancy scratches everywhere on the gate. We start a chase, Feng goes to open gate, I hit her and tell her no…I want Nancy that hid the whole game. During this time, I lost Nancy… again, while I was trying to tell the Feng to wait. Feng did wait. I eventually found Nancy, who was on death hook anyway and let Feng out. It’s worth noting none of these survivors were babies, it wasn’t a scared noob Nancy.

Sorry this is long…but I guess this is what I’m wondering…many times as survivor in situations like this, I’ve been killed for being the only one trying to do objectives and not hiding…killers, why kill the only one playing and reward the one hiding?

Survivors…why? Why do nothing but hide for such a longggg time…wasting everyone’s time and throwing your teammate under the bus? Idk if it’s because I’m a killer main, but if it’s been more than five minutes and it’s just two of us, I’m coming out and if the killer kills me, so be it…not wasting my time hiding, doing nothing.

Comments

  • As killer, I'm lucky to often have Killer Instinct in my base kit (I play Legion a lot), so in those situations I'll always give it a little Frenzy to try and find the sneaky survivor.

    As survivor, to prevent this kind of situation, most times I'll go find the killer and offer my sacrifice for the other survivor to have a chance at hatch. Since I'm not at a very high level, most times when this happens it's a shy casual/beginner, so I know it's not malicious in intent. Sometimes killers hook me, sometimes they want one last chase, sometimes they tell me to get to work while they find the sneaky sneak. But I know it sucks to have 10min of hide and seek, so I always offer to speed things up if there's no hope of the objective getting done. =)

  • This is such a familiar scenario, and why is it always a Feng?

    I had exactly this happen with a Feng and a Kate. Only I was running Ghostface with CCTV Camera. So I let Feng wiggle, marked and downed her again to reveal Kate's aura and killed her, letting Feng escape.

    Turned out they were a duo, and Feng wanted Kate to escape. 🤷‍♂️

  • Whenever it's down to two survivors hiding and one does eventually -try- to actually do the gens, I'll usually let that one live and go for the other one. No point rewarding them for hiding in a locker for ages.

    That said, if both had been hiding for ten minutes before one starts trying to do the gens, they're both dying if I can help it, hiding for ten minutes and holding the game hostage isn't cool.

  • To give the basic answer...they want to survive. Rarely it's for a somewhat practical reason such as rift says escape but most times we don't get it. It is a game.

    Playing as killer we make a point to hook everyone once so when this happens (coward that hasn't been seen whole game) the survivors usually are slugs for awhile (boring for all but we WANT that coward) or the slug DC's (understandable if stupid reason that we're partially to blame for. As said it's a game.)

  • @HugTheHag said:

    As killer, I'm lucky to often have Killer Instinct in my base kit (I play Legion a lot), so in those situations I'll always give it a little Frenzy to try and find the sneaky survivor.

    As survivor, to prevent this kind of situation, most times I'll go find the killer and offer my sacrifice for the other survivor to have a chance at hatch. Since I'm not at a very high level, most times when this happens it's a shy casual/beginner, so I know it's not malicious in intent. Sometimes killers hook me, sometimes they want one last chase, sometimes they tell me to get to work while they find the sneaky sneak. But I know it sucks to have 10min of hide and seek, so I always offer to speed things up if there's no hope of the objective getting done. =)

    Legion is so good for situations like this! I almost never use any kind of aura perks (butter murmur once in awhile) but in this case, I was really wishing I had something.


    I also appreciate your use of “sneaky sneak” lol

  • @Krazzik said:

    Whenever it's down to two survivors hiding and one does eventually -try- to actually do the gens, I'll usually let that one live and go for the other one. No point rewarding them for hiding in a locker for ages.

    That said, if both had been hiding for ten minutes before one starts trying to do the gens, they're both dying if I can help it, hiding for ten minutes and holding the game hostage isn't cool.

    I was so tempted at that point, and then I was like you know what if the Nancy comes out to help now, maybe I’ll just let them both live…but of course she didn’t..it’s def frustrating, because after not finding them all that time and no one doing gens I’m like…soooo how long are they gonna just make us stay in this game, doing nothing

  • @Seraphor said:

    This is such a familiar scenario, and why is it always a Feng?

    I had exactly this happen with a Feng and a Kate. Only I was running Ghostface with CCTV Camera. So I let Feng wiggle, marked and downed her again to reveal Kate's aura and killed her, letting Feng escape.

    Turned out they were a duo, and Feng wanted Kate to escape. 🤷‍♂️

    I had a Feng and David with 2 Gens left, hard to find any of them. David kept Diversion of Feng, I found Feng (was on a Gen) and killed her. David got hatch

    i regret not to kill David instead

  • This is why the idle crows mechanic is still a poor implementation. Idle Crows are only obtainable by basically standing still and doing nothing and is easily circumvented by getting in and out of lockers or picking up and putting down an item.

    If a survivor doesn't cleanse a totem, start getting chased or put 5 seconds of progress in 2 minutes they should get a crow, 2 crows at 2:30 and 3 crows after 3 minutes. Cleansing a totem or 10 seconds of either gen time or chase time should be required to remove 1 crow.

  • People want to win.

    The counter example for this is with two survivors left when one of the survivors will get into a chase, but the killer will quickly break off to gen patrol/regress. Survivors retreat and heal. Both sides are acting in the way that maximizes their chance to win: killer knows as long as he doesn't leave the gens, can't lose, and survivors know if they approach the gen with the killer present they'll lose.

    As survivor I generally go and throw myself at the killer, as killer I start exploring the map trying to hunt them down. Neither side is what I would do if winning was the only factor, but generally when it is down to 2 survivors in that situation I consider that the killer has already won.