Why is the horrible solo queue experience so largely ignored by the Devs?

Anyone with experience in this game, your own fogwhisperers, and top content creators of this community will all agree that the solo queue experience in this game is freaking awful.


the fix is deadass simple. Bridge the gap between solo queue and SWF, then buff killer to make up for it.


Information is useless to SWFs, they already have all the information they need through comms, so giving solo queue information on the UI and through basekit aura reading would help solo queue so freaking much.


You should never have more than 1 person running to an unhook, you should never have someone randomly running into you while you're running the killer cause they had no idea you were even in a chase in the first place.


But instead, BHVR focuses on buffing killers, which only made solo queue even worse than it already was. Then they sit around and focus on band-aid fixing stuff like basekit BT and potentially basekit unbreakable...things that SWFs as a whole benefit way more from than solo queue players do.



And despite the majority of the community all agreeing that the state of solo queue is God awful, we get zero aknowlegement from BHVR, zero effort being put in to fix it, zero fs at all about the whole issue....it's been a problem for so long, and ignored for so long, that it's just become something people don't even talk about because there is zero hope for BHVR to do anything about it.


The only thing that even remotely came close was the UI changes that were proposed. But then the community managers here confirm it's not even on the list for the devs to implement...wow thanks guys...I mean I'm sure "streamer mode" was soooooooo much more important, I mean look how many people are benefiting from that glorious achievement ....🙄

Comments

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3299971#Comment_3299971

    You're talking about a wider problem with social gaming. CoD has a much bigger toxicity problem than dbd, and yet it still has voice chat. Even games as toxic as league of legends have chat functions for pity's sake.

    Sorry to hear about the lengths your friend has to go to because of trolls. It's a problem I've seen a lot and I'll always call out people who act like that.

    The tools are there to mitigate how unpleasant some people will be. And in all honesty I don't believe it'll be as bigger problem as people make out. Most of my dbd interactions are positive. Yeah the end game chat is often toxic af but that's usually because killer is talking to survs. If the VC is just mid match then most survs who do use it will be trying to work together. And the few outliers who are properly toxic will be muted and (provided they add a decent report/monitoring system) will be banned pretty rapidly. Even without reporting and banning, mute functions are easy to use. If I'm ever being verbally abused in a game I simply mute the offender, problem solved.

    Yea, there is a streamer on Twitter who does "toxic streamer" videos where he (without names or faces) shows some of the toxic stuff many streamers say and he is not at all devoid of content nearly daily. He also doesn't just go off of one video, maybe they had a bad day, but looks over all their VODS to see a pattern of behavior. These are active streamers on Twitch that are some of the most toxic I've ever seen.


    Sure, you can choose to mute voice chat, which you know what? I play Smite and I have had the voice chat permanently muted in my settings since 2016.

    The thing is, adding voice chat would not help simply because most are not going to want to take the risk. Yes, CoD has a bigger problem BECAUSE of the voice chat.

  • All this new information will be very useful when I'm being camped and tunneled for the third game in a row! /s

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3299306#Comment_3299306

    I love your excitement! It's what I've been feeling, I've been so excited to share this information with our players - I know how frustrating solo queue can be for some, I play the game a lot too...it's a feature that I genuinely love!

    I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU ALL TO TRY IT!!

    Yes, I'm gonna shout it and nobody can stop me LOL.

    It's certainly positive news, but while you are at it - please consider letting people see everyone's perks in lobby. This is the other huge aspect of solo queue that can be frustrating, because there's nothing quite like realizing that one person speaks Mandarin, one Korean, one Hungarian and then we get 3 Kindreds and 4 Circles of Healing.

  • They could solve this easily even by allowing text chat but they're afraid someone's feeling will get hurt by some banter or something and so the piss-baby mentality reigns

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3301544#Comment_3301544

    Yea, there is a streamer on Twitter who does "toxic streamer" videos where he (without names or faces) shows some of the toxic stuff many streamers say and he is not at all devoid of content nearly daily. He also doesn't just go off of one video, maybe they had a bad day, but looks over all their VODS to see a pattern of behavior. These are active streamers on Twitch that are some of the most toxic I've ever seen.

    Sure, you can choose to mute voice chat, which you know what? I play Smite and I have had the voice chat permanently muted in my settings since 2016.

    The thing is, adding voice chat would not help simply because most are not going to want to take the risk. Yes, CoD has a bigger problem BECAUSE of the voice chat.

    But it still has voice chat, and yet it is still a popular game. Toxicity is an issue and unfortunately most likely always will be, but my point is that is not the only thing it would bring. Every game I've played, COD included that has VC I've made good friends on. Hell in post game dm chats I've made good friends with players from the opposite team even when I've absolutely demolished them as killer. There are a lot of nice people out there, and the toxic ones are simply one click away from being excluded from your experience.

    Dbd especially relies on co ordination and tactics, which is why solo q sucks so hard because there is almost no way to communicate with your team mates beyond pointing, beckoning or teabagging.

    There is also the fact that VC for survivors would for sure be less toxic because they are on the same team and need to rely on each other to survive.

    Edit: streamers also have a tendency of being artificially toxic because it gets them views and engagement.

  • @DudelPuma said:

    information-icons are NOT a buff ! great, now I know that my mates are useless that will definitely help the solo q so much that it's no longer cruel

    I mean that no gens are concerned and dull totems are cleansed and chests are open are no indication that they are currently useless no now I only have the confirmation that either the solo q gets a real buff (more gen speed, heal speed, etc.) or the matchmaking measures the actual skill (e.g. chase duration) with the information together it would be much more pleasant and bearable solo

    Information is literally the difference between solo queue and SWF, dude.

  • @Tantamountain said:

    They could solve this easily even by allowing text chat but they're afraid someone's feeling will get hurt by some banter or something and so the piss-baby mentality reigns

    You do realise that typing on Consoles is substantially slower than on mouse 'n keyboard, right? Typing out "Claud, go save" on any console may already make for a missed struggle skillcheck.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3299233#Comment_3299233

    If you knew how excited I've been about these for a while, you'd be laughing at me. I have been waiting for this day!

    Carful Mandy your crazy is showing....trust me....

    *Looks around nervously*

    Not everyone will accept it...but know we are MANY and the crazy is TRUTH!

    All jokes aside I'm excited as well to be honest.

  • I keep seeing that solo is miserable but I only play solo. I don’t have any issues really. Could be because I don’t have swf to compare to so I’m unaware or it could be that my MMR is in a state that allows non-horrorible position? Could also be that I’m not super serious playing survivor either. 🤷‍♂️ I dunno. I didn’t think solo was so arduous.

  • That there is the only fix. I don't understand how games take so long to incorporate it, cause it's easily done with most games, but they just don't want all the live toxicity I guess, but this game already has the most toxic community of any game so it's not like it would change anything. Nothing but entitled survivors and killers who have their own rules in their heads about how the game should be played. And the so called buff doesn't help anything with soloQ...still doesn't designate where the players are doing whatever they're doing, so it's useless information. It shows what and not why they're doing something, which is of no use to any player. Comms allow you to call out EVERYthing, while this "buff" does nothing but give out info certain perks can already do if equipped.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3302495#Comment_3302495

    But it still has voice chat, and yet it is still a popular game. Toxicity is an issue and unfortunately most likely always will be, but my point is that is not the only thing it would bring. Every game I've played, COD included that has VC I've made good friends on. Hell in post game dm chats I've made good friends with players from the opposite team even when I've absolutely demolished them as killer. There are a lot of nice people out there, and the toxic ones are simply one click away from being excluded from your experience.

    Dbd especially relies on co ordination and tactics, which is why solo q sucks so hard because there is almost no way to communicate with your team mates beyond pointing, beckoning or teabagging.

    There is also the fact that VC for survivors would for sure be less toxic because they are on the same team and need to rely on each other to survive.

    Edit: streamers also have a tendency of being artificially toxic because it gets them views and engagement.

    Some streamers do be toxic for that kind of audience, yes. I don't watch those streamers. A couple streamers I do watch have had cases where they have done voice chat and had to stop doing it, end their stream, and delete their VOD due to someone coming in and saying racist things in their voice chat. Sure, you might not mind the occasional toxic chat, but for streamers who can literally get BANNED from Twitch for something beyond their control, and for many women (or those who play women in games) it's just not worth it to take the chance.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3302794#Comment_3302794

    Some streamers do be toxic for that kind of audience, yes. I don't watch those streamers. A couple streamers I do watch have had cases where they have done voice chat and had to stop doing it, end their stream, and delete their VOD due to someone coming in and saying racist things in their voice chat. Sure, you might not mind the occasional toxic chat, but for streamers who can literally get BANNED from Twitch for something beyond their control, and for many women (or those who play women in games) it's just not worth it to take the chance.

    Wouldn't be a risk to streamers because every game with voice chat has the option to autoblock it.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3314354#Comment_3314354

    Wouldn't be a risk to streamers because every game with voice chat has the option to autoblock it.

    Yes, and a large enough number of players even those that aren't streamers would not use it that there is no point in adding it. Grand Theft Auto Online has in game voice chat and everyone I've ever played with has just used Discord.

  • Someone hasn't seen the new PTB patch notes 🤐

  • @LordSturm said:

    Someone hasn't seen the new PTB patch notes 🤐

    This post is from before the PTB patch notes. Nice timing on it though.

  • @MrMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3317056#Comment_3317056

    This post is from before the PTB patch notes. Nice timing on it though.

    To be fair, it was the same day as the twitter teaser, but I figure that's pretty easy to miss.

1 2 ›