Was the knight soft nerfed this patch?

I might be crazy but I feel as though they delayed the knight's ability to summon guards immediately by like 0.5 seconds or so.

Before the patch, you could activate your ability and immediately summon your guard to block off a pallet, and if you were quick enough, with the right add ons and mind gaming, you could a hunt off mid chase if the survivor got too greedy.

But now, it feels like the time frame between activating your ability and dropping a guard has been increased by a slight margin, to about a second. Now, the whisp will just sit there for half a second instead of drop on time.

Comments

  • it was probably done to fix the path creating sound effect that lasted for a guards duration if you summoned too quickly

    it also kinda encourages to not drop guards instantly, instead, try to follow the survivor with the wisp to then drop a guard on them

  • Yup, I just tried and tested it. There is a noticeable delay when you put down a Guard and until it can be activated.

    Where you before only needed to press once and then press again, you now have to spam click to get the most out of the new Guard Delay.

    We need to move this thread to Bug Reports.

    EDIT: I did it.

    @Emeal said:

    PC, since the newest Bug fix patch.

    It didn't used to be like this but now when you need a Guard as The Knight there is now a 0.5 second delay before the Guard can be actually placed, this is extremely annoying already in situations where I need a guard fast and I now have to spam click place guard as ghost orb while I wait for the delay. its EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

    To reproduce:

    1. Right click - Activate the Guard Summon mode
    2. Right click - to Summon Guard as fast as before Patch 6.4.1 - YOU CANT.

    How often does this occur:

    6 times or more at least every match right now as Knight, its really obnoxious.

  • @some_guy1 said:

    it was probably done to fix the path creating sound effect that lasted for a guards duration if you summoned too quickly

    it also kinda encourages to not drop guards instantly, instead, try to follow the survivor with the wisp to then drop a guard on them

    That's dumb. Esp since dropping the guard on the survivor doesn't do anything considering on pretty much every map survivors can out run the guards with little to no hassle. (Clarify not calling you dumb just that they'd nerf him to encourage this playstyle)

  • I feel like a clunky delay as well.

  • Yes ist the same for me on PS5. Other than sound bug, I didnt had any other bugs with him before so this patch somehow made him worse and more clunky to play. Unreal

  • Also I thought it was not bug that you could in same rare cases on specific maps send guard floor above to kick a breakable wall.

    It was fixed but I don't know why it was problematic, since guards (when needed) they can travel different floors and its nothing game winning or something. It just limits tiny bit small unique thing you could once a while do. It didn't do much anyway.

  • I just played Knight and I didn't notice much difference when quickly droping his Guards.

  • And this is a bad thing why? Knight dropping a guard instantly took no skill and had next to no counterplay if there wasn't a pallet immediately near the loop to run to. Seems like they're incenticising a more dynamic way to play him

  • I was just about to make a post on this.

    I noticed it immediately. It feels super bad.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    And this is a bad thing why? Knight dropping a guard instantly took no skill and had next to no counterplay if there wasn't a pallet immediately near the loop to run to. Seems like they're incenticising a more dynamic way to play him

    If there would be more dynamic ways to play him...

    Everything you do and plan is visible to Survivors ahead.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    And this is a bad thing why? Knight dropping a guard instantly took no skill and had next to no counterplay if there wasn't a pallet immediately near the loop to run to. Seems like they're incenticising a more dynamic way to play him

    More like incentivizing people to go back to other killers lol

  • @Regulus47 said:

    And this is a bad thing why? Knight dropping a guard instantly took no skill and had next to no counterplay if there wasn't a pallet immediately near the loop to run to. Seems like they're incenticising a more dynamic way to play him

    Time to play wesker again or maybe nurse

    It's bad because the less people want to play something the more people are gonna play something they know they can have fun with

  • @Regulus47 said:

    And this is a bad thing why? Knight dropping a guard instantly took no skill and had next to no counterplay if there wasn't a pallet immediately near the loop to run to. Seems like they're incenticising a more dynamic way to play him

    It is incentivising the way of playing him that doesn't require to put guards fast.

    That's right, camping the hook.

    Very dynamic.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    And this is a bad thing why? Knight dropping a guard instantly took no skill and had next to no counterplay if there wasn't a pallet immediately near the loop to run to. Seems like they're incenticising a more dynamic way to play him

    It incentives people to not play a terrible killer.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I was just about to make a post on this.

    I noticed it immediately. It feels super bad.

    more survivor hand-holding.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    And this is a bad thing why? Knight dropping a guard instantly took no skill and had next to no counterplay if there wasn't a pallet immediately near the loop to run to. Seems like they're incenticising a more dynamic way to play him

    If there was another effective way of playing him that would be fine (and honestly ideal) but currently it is his only viable strat.

  • @FatherFoxtrot said:

    I might be crazy but I feel as though they delayed the knight's ability to summon guards immediately by like 0.5 seconds or so.

    Before the patch, you could activate your ability and immediately summon your guard to block off a pallet, and if you were quick enough, with the right add ons and mind gaming, you could a hunt off mid chase if the survivor got too greedy.

    But now, it feels like the time frame between activating your ability and dropping a guard has been increased by a slight margin, to about a second. Now, the whisp will just sit there for half a second instead of drop on time.

    The Knight is legit a much worse Artist,at least her power is not that clunky and not allow survivors to leave loop.

  • This would actually be a very good thing if they also incentivised creating longer paths by not allowing survivors to see the green orb. So personally I hope this stays, and instead the Knights more interesting and skillful playstyle gets buffed.