I got the Knight to Full Bloody and This is what I thought about after all that.
So off the bat I’ll clarify I got him to prestige 6 at 1AM Nov 25. Because I hate myself I guess.
So a few things I find to be good about him:
1• His perks are good for the most part (the Hex is just like any Hex in DBD right now)
2• his add-ons are decent but some do need to be bug checked and boosted. (More on That on a bit)
3• He has amazing design and seems actually intimidating.
Now onto the cons then his powers fall out.
Cons:
1• Way to stationary for the type of game DBD is. His power should slow him down not make him immobile. (I’ll talk about this soon)
2• His guards suffer from being too easy to defeat and being slow to chase. Their scream and banner slam takes enough time fore Any decent Survivor to get an unhook (even if the guard isn’t near it) or grab his banner.
3• For someone who can’t 100% control their summons it’s strange they don’t have a passive, Nemi has his slash, Demi has his Slash, and Pig has her Assassins Creed blade. I feel like he needs something to match up to those.
4• The biggest issue is the orb that tells survivors where his guards will be. I don’t fully care if they know where they are, but if they know where they’ll be? That makes it harder to set up any defense or counter rotation.
Now how would I fix or buff him so he is fun to use without making it impossible or overbearing for the Survivors. Fist lets go with his Add-Ons.
For one I like most of them but some do seem to be… odd. Like there is one where if a survivor escapes the Hunt they will get the oblivious status, but there is one where if THREE fail the Knight gets to become stealthy. The issue is the first one is way easier to do than the three fails one. Also there is an iridescent add-on the exposes survivors within a certain summon range but it’s only 8 seconds, making it harder to use since your Orc will give you away.
Now what I would do is Change Town Watch Torch (our Three Fail Add-on) to be something more akin to… a torch. Marking the auras of those caught in the Hunts range would be a good idea.
As for the Knights Contract Add-on (Our exposed Add-on) I’d rather is put the exposed effect on someone who touches the Banners. Making it less reliable to touch the banners.
His Power… This is where we get into the hard part. I’m split between two separate ways it can be buffed
Option 1: Give him a passive where if he basic attacks a Survivor 3 times it builds up tokens on them. One they hit 3 take a if they are caught in the Hunt the Guard is upgraded and the hunt lasts longer.
Option 2: Would be giving him a Cycling ability that gives him a passive for whoever is selected. Examples are: The Carnifex gives him a 5% break speed increase. The Assassin gives him a 10% Vault speed increase. The Jailer increases his field of view by 10 degrees. Doing things like this could help him not feel like a M1 killer.
Now I mentioned some bugs that I did notice… but these could be a few one off issues. Like his add-on for Jailer than increases his speed sometimes didn’t work, another was he was too chubby for some spaces. These I’m sure will be fixed but I will warn they do happen .
What do I rate him? Currently he is 6/10. With some buffs and polishing he will be a good addition.
Comments
I feel like he’s impossible to make balanced and fair since his power relies on AI. With nemesis they are just a bonus to your tentacle but with knight they are his whole power.
If the knight is in a chase while a guard is on patrol he should be able to place the standard himself causing the guard to spawn in front of the survivor. (They can reuse pinheads teleport logic)
I'm not sure how it's possible to use his power and not stop dead. You're literally controlling a different object, how do you move two things at once?
I'd rework the guards.
Carniflex - Make him automatically go and break any pallet, door or gen in his radius. He doesn't chase survivors but is purely an object interacting guard.
Assassin - Make him faster and lasting slightly longer
Jailer - Give him a massive radius and increase his patrol duration
* Remove the silly aspect of guards having to hit hunted survivors first or else you lose the guard.
* Make the green orb flicker/fade out so it's harder to interpret.
Control both? No way.
Move both? Just let the main object keep moving in a straight line at the same or a reduce speed
I had multiple games (not pvp) where cou could interact during motion and navigate the menus, like for example GTA V working on the map during driving. Or some other space game i can't remember right now where i sometimes would look for something in the inventory or menus and suddenly boom i crash with something.
Scrolling through maps or menus while you move your character sure, usually these things involve two different inputs, like the map/menu takes over from camera movement.
But I'm not sure you could move two distinct characters or projectiles at once, The Knight and the Ghost Orb, unless you change the power into something more like Nurse/Pinhead and did away with the 'carving a patrol path' aspect of it.
To be honest i have no idea how the knights power works in terms of setting it up and/or controls.
But simply detaching mouse/right stick from camera controls and letting you draw the line for the patrol should be possible.
Imagine an iri addon that moves the knight to where his orb ends, and instead spawns the guard where he activated the ability
You basically control the ghost orb thing like Spirit, then return to the 'Husk' once it's set.
Ah okay. Yeah, no idea how to implement a system that would allow to move both the knight and draw the patrol path.
For example activation of the power switches into a top down view to move the knight and draw the line for the patrol but it would be finicky and not work on multilayered maps plus survivor would need to be invisible, which opens possibilities for bugs/hacks.
Another one moving the knight with a fixed camera to draw the line from your pov around loops in Los would also be clunky.
Many people are suggesting the orb should be invisible to survivors but haven't seemed to think it through. If the killer manages to put the guard right on top of a survivor and the survivor doesn't have a chance to react it would turn it into an automatic hit, which would be overpowered and certainly not fun to play against.
He could certainly have an addon that makes the orb and the patrol "ribbon" invisible beyond a certain rage from a survivor. A yellow addon for 16m and a green for 12m maybe and they can't stack.
The issue with that argument is the fact it takes 3 seconds for the guard to start the Hunt. So even if he is dropped onto you you’ll have three seconds to skedaddle. It’s not like nurse where you get no information and can be hit almost instantly. It also depends on the Guard, the assassin would be an easy hit sure, but the other two? They don’t have speed bonuses at all.
3 seconds is not a long time for a survivor to react and get moving. Guards would get double, triple or more hits and the Assassin would always get a hit. If the survivor is unlucky enough to be running towards the Knight then it turns into an easy intercept and a fast down on a survivor who started healthy.
I'm willing to bet that when the Knight's power was first conceived they did it without the orb (they are lazy after all) and after some testing they realized they had to put something in.
Nurse gives lots of information on where and when she is blinking, if you find yourself "getting no information" you are not paying enough attention.
Guards can only hit once before disappearing. They are not a pop up legion. More like a pop up Trapper with lower speeds. They also scream as the start the hunt and don’t have proper area awareness so they will run though walls slowing them down. Not to mention they have music playing for the Hunt and a horn sound when they start the chase. That’s what four bits of information outside the orb itself? I’m not advocating for its removal but I can see why other are. It’s the same reason Well Ghost and Freddy are not as good as they could be. They have way too many hints to their power being used. The only one I think who doesn’t is Wrath and that’s with a iri-add on.
When I said the guards would get more hits I didn't mean that the guard would hit more than once. What I meant was guards would get that 1 hit they can get more often.
I thought it was obvious and I didn't need to spell it out for you.
“3 seconds is not a long time for a survivor to react and get moving. Guards would get double, triple or more hits and the Assassin would always get a hit.”
That Sounds like You’re saying in rapid succession. Not that they can get more hits throughout the match. That’s why I was confused. No need to be condescending.
In that case isn’t that better than not getting any hits? Survivors still get the speed boost and the power is on a cool down. I’m not saying a hit should be guaranteed but it should be at least a 50/50 most of the time. With Survivors getting an edge if they are smart and the Guards getting an edge if they aren’t.
I’m not saying you’re wrong about those issues, I do agree that you can’t just give him everything to be amazing, but he does need work and without changing him entirely the most common way would be information denial.
I am already encountering many Knights who use his power effectively to corral survivors into getting hit by either the guard or the Knight and to shut down loops. If the Knight is not near the survivor still has to run and waste time even if they don't get hit. This is already a strong power in the right hands.
If the guard gets a hit 50% of the time without the Knight needing to work in tandem with the guard to make the hit happen then the scenario where the guard hits the survivor and then the Knight hits them again in rapid succession for a very fast down would play out far too often and his power would be oppressive.
It is far too early to make such drastic changes to the Knight when players have little experience as or against him. BHVR will hopefully fix some his bugs and otherwise leave him be for 6 months and then tweak him if he needs it.