One questions about Potential Energy
Do i understand it correctly?
You change each 1.5% of gene progression into 1% up to 30% changed into 20% BUT You loose all of that progression if You get any hit?
Is this what this perk do? Waste your time with high risk and nothing in exchange?
Comments
The max is 30% turning into 20% and you lose it if you lose a health state, yes. It’s not a perk you should go out of your way to use every game because in some games it’s just not going to help you. What the perk is good at doing is destroying 3 gens. If you can charge the perk using a gen further away, and then dump that progress onto a more relevant generator the killer wants to defend, that can make a difference.
If you try to force the perk to work every match, it’ll probably end up hurting you more than helping you overall.
The reward of this perk is good, but the risk and extra time you need for this perk is just astronomically too high. In so many cases, this perk just ends up being a killer perk.
They need to change it so that you only lose 1 or at the most 2 tokens after getting hit by the killer, otherwise this perk will just be trash.
Right now it's 100% a killer perk. Your teammates will be on a gen making no progress on it for about 30 seconds just to get instantly hit and lose all their saved up tokens.
Shouldnt it just like... do something usefull?
Turn 1% progres into 1.5% progress on different gen, or after some time but loosing health state it just loose all tokens?
Or turn 1.5% progress into 1% progress, but loose only few tokens when loosing health state? I mean... its already loosing time while charging. Even not being hitted, fully utilized, this perk looses 10% of your gen progression.
You'll also get teammates hopping on a gen with you giving you a 15% speed penalty while they try to earn tokens. It's like free thana for killers.
It's like self care for gens. It has its uses but if you force it you are killing your team.
Can You please show what uses it has? In which scenario i should use this perk?
I cant drain power from first gen with hope to use it at the end in 3 gen scenario, since its too wide window for killer to hit me with any means, including trapper traps.
I cant use it at 4 gen, because time is prescious at the end.
I can use it at gen im already doing in hope that when i spot killer i will immidately finish the gen... tho its better to just do gen usually, since im losing up to 10% progress.
I can see it viable in 3 gens scenario if killer is just weak, and there is no need to worry about tokens... but in this scenario... killer is weak, i already outplayed them...
So? In which scenario this perk can be usefull?
I use it right at the beginning of the match at a far away Gen. If someone helps you repairing it's better. After finishing that Gen I go to the middle of the map where there are often unsafe gens or I go to a side of a map where there are usually 3gens and start there normally. If the killer comes I use the perk so I don't lose tokens.
You can also counter tinkerer and merciless storm with this. Even Pop or Pain Res can be countered with it.
would you ever take it to the trial considering how many downsides the perk currently has? Would it make a spot in your build outside of perk rulet?
Really? You lose 10% gen progression to go to unsafe space with mere hope that you will not loose another 20% progression?
But okay, countering mercilless storm and tinkerer is somehow usefull for weaker survivors... but will they know when to use tokens? Experienced players will not have troubles with those perks unless against doctor with mercilless storm. And im not sure if tinkerer is telling survivors that it worked. I dont play surv often, but i dont recall anyindicator of tinkerer (maybe im lucky enough that someone already trigger it on gens i have done, or killers never used it), and i never had problems with mercilless storm skillchecks. But yeah, on paper this can be viable usage of this perk...but.. you dont know which perks killer use, and taking potential energy just because it may happen to work against those perks... its just a waste of perk slot. Even more - trying to stack tokens on first gen without knowing if there actually is a mercilless storm is stupid. And using it after knowing that this perk is in use means that one gen will not trigger it, potentially more.
At the moment (while I'm still trying Vittorio's adept) yes, but later? I will try around a bit with different other perks but after that? Nah.... Probably not unless they change it to 1 to 1 conversion and maybe change the penalties a bit.
True this perk is hardly decent in this iteration, but sometimes perks can give you a great benefit you don't see at first. Sure PE is not for aggressive playstyle but more for those players who are more careful but not the cliche Claudette. Vittorio is a pacifist, and it shows in his perks.
How many people say Repressed Alliance is bad? I can counter PR or even Overcharge/COB if I want to. Killers don't expect nieche perks.
well that's it. I think most people will not use the perk. I mean - there are worse perks in the game. This one can still provide real value. It's just that it's so conditional and the downsides are so big, that I don't get this perk. But maybe I just lack imagination.
Okay, i can agree taht in few situations it can be viable... but will someone really choose this perk and pray for such situations? Or they will take it just in case, and eventually waste perk slot?
Still... Its high risk, low reward perk. You loose 10% of gen progress and risk loosing next 20% by just getting hit, for what? Faster resolve 3 gen situation?
You loose half of your tokens after 60s of getting hit IF you dont heal in that time and loose all tokens after hook. This would be much better condition imo. Tho as i said - im not a survivor player. Maybe i just cant see a situation when current version would be worth to take... I mean... its usage is so situational that you would be much better by getting ANY other perk.
Literally Day 1 I used this perk
Nemesis had Tinkerer
I used Potential Energy on an easy/safe gen far away from the action
I complete the gen and work on an unsafe gen with the nearby pallet broken.
Tinkerer procs, I only see Nemesis approach with around 16 meters to spare with no TR.
I pop Potential Energy, the gen completes, and I have a minor gap to reach a strong loop with.
You could also do this with Merciless Storm to prevent you or any incompetent allies from failing the Skill Checks.
You can also do this with Surveillance. You can instantly dump progress on a gen as you hop on it, and by the time the killer can react and reach you, you've completed the gen.
You assume here, that none of your teammates will get hit.
And even so. Doing gens normally wouldnt be faster? You spare 120% gen progress to make 80%... Wouldnt it be faster to just... Do the gen? How this slower progress is better than faster progress?
I can understand that You see killer approaching You and You use it to finish the gen. But You already wasted your time to stack the perk... What if killer hit You before You get to another gen? Will You use this perk on gen You just gathered tokens?
Those perks has strict conditions, if you met them, perks works.
Potential energy is is quite difference. You can do your best, and still have no use of this perk.
In example of 100 tokens... You assume that killer will not bother you... in that case, just NOT using this perk would end with finishing those gens QUICKER... so still no use of it.
To use this perk, killer must have things towards you, but never actually hit you.
I may never use blast mine perk, but it oes not matter, because im not loosing any progression when trying to use it. I w8 if killer is near, place mine, and slowly step back - if killer kick the gen then yeey... if not, then... no yeey. But i lost nothing.
It's also good at stealthing a gen, don't forget that. That's why I run it all the time. Less incentive for the killer to kick the gen.
Yeah... im argue with term "instantly" you are loosing 10% progress to complete this 20%. You are spending 27s at one gen, to progress 18s on another gen, and in result loosing 9s of gen progression... i cant say its "instant" it may look like "instant", but if you spent more time at preparation, then it is not "instant".
And yes, im talking IF, because you are also talking "if" - if killer is buisy, if you can loop him, if you can stay hidden. But in reality, if you can do that things, then you are better at NOT using this perk, and NOT wasting this 9s of progress, because in that case - killer will not bother you - Doing gen normally will finish those gens quicker. Unless killer is bothering you, but then there is too much risk of loosing not 9s, but 27s of progress.
It can be a counter to perks that work on specific threshold of gen progression. But this is so niche situation... i mean, before you know that killer is using this perk it already lost at least 20% of its usfulness.
No. Im talking that if you are bothered by the killer, its too much risk of loosing tokens, and if you are not bothered by the killer (which is your argument) you are better at not wasting time.