Killers and Survivors: What is your least favourite DBD mechanic?

I'll go first!

As a killer my least favourite DBD mechanic is pallets and the length of some killer animations, like vaulting, is slower than survivors' animations.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head as survivor right now; I play killer about twice as much as survivor.

What are your least favourite game mechanics?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271111#Comment_3271111

    Depends on maps and RNG, sometimes it gone in a min, sometime it last life time. They were strong and its why every killers use Ruin/Un.

    I really think Hex perks should work like Plaything. Having a requirement to activate the perk, turning a Dull into Hex that only apply on a survivor (4 Dulls to 4 Hexes for 4 survivors).

    Hex that gives no benefit like 3rd seal, Lullaby at the beginning but able to cleanse isnt good. They should be lit only when you gain a benefit (a stack)

    The operative word in that post is were. They were strong. Now they're more exposed than ever and you still have really good odds at least one person is going to make totems their first priority, so they aren't even providing extra slowdown as a distraction.

  • Self unhooking. It's basically an RNG F-you to the killer in so many scenarios. It massively increases the frustration on one side and has the chance of robbing the killer of a potential victory, all just so one side goes "WOOOOO I UNHOOKED MYSELF". It's such a mean, frustrating mechanic that hypes one side at a pretty bad expense to the other. Probably my most hated mechanic.

  • @NekoTorvic said:

    Self unhooking. It's basically an RNG F-you to the killer in so many scenarios. It massively increases the frustration on one side and has the chance of robbing the killer of a potential victory, all just so one side goes "WOOOOO I UNHOOKED MYSELF". It's such a mean, frustrating mechanic that hypes one side at a pretty bad expense to the other. Probably my most hated mechanic.

    Do you encounter self unhooks that often? The game punishes people for attempting to unhook on their own, so I would say that 99.9% of survivors I put on hook do not attempt a self save.

  • For survivor:

    SoloQ lack of communication options, just the abilitie to see allies perks on character selection and a somewhat ping system.

    As killer:

    Hooks that breaks forever if you kill someone and dont have like 30 more seconds in pregame lobby to change perks if 4 survs change builds and items last second.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Hatch. Takes away a hard-fought kill from killer with the touch of a button. Takes away any semblance of teamwork or motivation from your solo teammates the moment things start going south.

    I've always saw the hatch as an incentive to keep playing, to not give up when it's clear the whole team it's gonna lose

  • For me it's looping and luck, I think looping is pretty boring and luck doesn't do anything.

  • @Dito175 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3269913#Comment_3269913

    I've always saw the hatch as an incentive to keep playing, to not give up when it's clear the whole team it's gonna lose

    Well it's a self-fulfilling prophecy that people will live and die by. "I can't win, so I'm just gonna stop progressing the game and play for hatch" thus causing them not to win.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271682#Comment_3271682

    Well it's a self-fulfilling prophecy that people will live and die by. "I can't win, so I'm just gonna stop progressing the game and play for hatch" thus causing them not to win.

    It worked better before when you had to do a certain amount of gens for the hatch to show up, i still think it's better than everyone just giving up when someone dies at 4 gens

  • @Unimatrix00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271608#Comment_3271608

    Do you encounter self unhooks that often? The game punishes people for attempting to unhook on their own, so I would say that 99.9% of survivors I put on hook do not attempt a self save.

    I will admit, it's not terribly common that it happens. The problem is that whenever it happens it's either a big F you after a tough match or just an unnecessary time waste that either way is gifted to the survivor by RNG.

    I've had hard fought matches turn from 3ks to 2ks because of a self unhook. I've had matches that after so much effort I manage to slug the survivors to scrape a victory turn into a loss because they self unhook, reset and finish their gens.

    It's just a very very mean mechanic in my opinion.

  • Breaking hooks after a sacrafise. Might have been a cool idea in 2016 but long overdue mechanic that's got to go.

    Killers not being 115%. Every Killer should be 115% period (exception ofcourse is nurse until she gets a proper rework). Do not come with the argument that people will start playing Huntress as M1 killer. Apart from an addon combo allowing you to do so Blight is also 115% yet most of the time you use his Lethal Rush Ability.

    Map RNG. Palette into Palette into Palette where is the fun in that? Exactly there is none.

    Oh you just vaulted a window that conventiently lines up with the shack window. Meanwhile you play survivor and you get a Gen and a bunch of trees to hide behind but no window or even rocks to use. Not even a filler pallete.

    Basement hooks being taken into consideration when spawning hooks.

1 2 ›