I'm sick of match results not adding up

There will be times where I get an amazing 4k and I still just end up getting brutal killer. It seems like moris just don't count much towards match results but my grade almost never goes up when I play tombstone Myers. I get that I'm supposed to do a lot more during match but a 4k is still something huge. I say once you great 2 or more kills, they should contribute a lot more points and whenever you get a 4k, that should just automatically count towards a merciless killer match. Idk how this problem affects survivors, so lemme know how this affects you whether you're a killer or a survivor.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Part of it is because the Devout emblem is bugged. You can’t get credit for more than 3 kills right now.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Part of it is because the Devout emblem is bugged. You can’t get credit for more than 3 kills right now.

    I never knew what the bug actually did . So no matter how good of a 4k I get it will only have the points of 3?

  • @JakeCannon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3264527#Comment_3264527

    I never knew what the bug actually did . So no matter how good of a 4k I get it will only have the points of 3?

    Yeah you just don't get one of them. It seems to affect some archive challenges as well (eg. sacrificing 4 survivors only gives progress for 3 of them if the challenge is to sacrifice survivors).

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Part of it is because the Devout emblem is bugged. You can’t get credit for more than 3 kills right now.

    THAT EXPLAINS WHY I COULDN'T COMPLETE SOME CHALLENGES

  • @Haven414 said:

    There will be times where I get an amazing 4k and I still just end up getting brutal killer. It seems like moris just don't count much towards match results but my grade almost never goes up when I play tombstone Myers. I get that I'm supposed to do a lot more during match but a 4k is still something huge. I say once you great 2 or more kills, they should contribute a lot more points and whenever you get a 4k, that should just automatically count towards a merciless killer match. Idk how this problem affects survivors, so lemme know how this affects you whether you're a killer or a survivor.

    The results you get whether brutal/ruthess/merciless are dictated by the emblem system, not by how many kills you get. If you want better results on that front you should familiarize yourself with the emblem system.

    The Emblem System, also just referred to as "Emblems", is a Ranking Game Mechanic used to determine a Player's Grade.It was originally introduced with Patch 1.9.4. Before Grades were implemented with Patch 5.2.0, Emblems played an integral role in Dead by Daylight's matchmaking system for ranked Trials, as it determined a Player's Rank and thereby how they would be matched.Since reworking Ranks into Grades, the Emblem System no longer determine one's matchmaking scoring and merely track successf

    A few basic points to keep in mind:

    1. As someone else said the Devout emblem is currently bugged not counting the final sacrifice, best you can currently get here is gold.

    2. Tombstone and Mori's can reduce your total hooks causing a lower emblem score

    3. Instadowns will also reduce your emblem score due to fewer chases and hits, this in particular does hurt killers with those abilities like Myers

    4. Camping and wiggle outs/DS, pallet saves, flashlight saves in particular also hurt emblem scores

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/354683/im-sick-of-match-results-not-adding-up

    The results you get whether brutal/ruthess/merciless are dictated by the emblem system, not by how many kills you get. If you want better results on that front you should familiarize yourself with the emblem system.

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Emblems?so=search

    A few basic points to keep in mind:

    1. As someone else said the Devout emblem is currently bugged not counting the final sacrifice, best you can currently get here is gold.

    2. Tombstone and Mori's can reduce your total hooks causing a lower emblem score

    3. Instadowns will also reduce your emblem score due to fewer chases and hits, this in particular does hurt killers with those abilities like Myers

    4. Camping and wiggle outs/DS, pallet saves, flashlight saves in particular also hurt emblem scores

    Thank you for the information, that makes sense now! I guess they should probably change that, though, huh? The emblem system is kind of frustrating and I feel like they should count towards match results just as much as kills themselves do (Whether it's a sacrifice, mori, reverse bear trap, tombstone, dc, or whatever. I guess that's the most frustrating part, because I think all of those should count the same.). If both kills and emblems counted just as much, you could sometimes have a short match, but still get merciless killer because you got a 4k. Or you could sometimes get more than brutal killer when you get no kills, but the match was very long and you got a lot of emblem points.

  • @Haven414 said:

    There will be times where I get an amazing 4k and I still just end up getting brutal killer. It seems like moris just don't count much towards match results but my grade almost never goes up when I play tombstone Myers. I get that I'm supposed to do a lot more during match but a 4k is still something huge. I say once you great 2 or more kills, they should contribute a lot more points and whenever you get a 4k, that should just automatically count towards a merciless killer match. Idk how this problem affects survivors, so lemme know how this affects you whether you're a killer or a survivor.

    It's like it's made on purpose. Exacly 1 month in 2 days ^^ and no compensation...

  • @Haven414 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3264635#Comment_3264635

    Thank you for the information, that makes sense now! I guess they should probably change that, though, huh? The emblem system is kind of frustrating and I feel like they should count towards match results just as much as kills themselves do (Whether it's a sacrifice, mori, reverse bear trap, tombstone, dc, or whatever. I guess that's the most frustrating part, because I think all of those should count the same.). If both kills and emblems counted just as much, you could sometimes have a short match, but still get merciless killer because you got a 4k. Or you could sometimes get more than brutal killer when you get no kills, but the match was very long and you got a lot of emblem points.

    The emblem system puts emphasis on more fun and fair games, it punishes camping, bleeding out, and other things generally regarded as unfun. To score well in the emblem system it puts a focus on all aspects of the game not just the kills.

    For example if you get an early down and camp that person and down everyone as they come in for the rescue, and get a 4k by 1 hooking everyone in 3 minutes, that game will result in a low emblem score, and will be relatively unfun for all parties involved.

    On the flipside a game where you hook everyone a couple times and its a fun battle of pressuring gens and getting lots of chases that goes for 10 minutes and you get a 2k, that game will ha e a much higher emblem score, and pretty much everyone will have had an enjoyable game for the most part.

  • If you want to report a bug, please follow this link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs  

    If the bug has been reported already, just upvote the post, otherwise you are free to open a new report following the guidelines pinned on top of the section.