Legion hate thread.

It's unfortunate that the devs decided to give the best chase music in the game to the lamest killer, Legion is worse to face than any other killer, even the strongest ones, and that's because they can stack slowdown and make games last forever. Every single match against them is either watching them lose in slow motion, or getting railed by an optimal Legion with all the nasty perks. The funny thing about the Legion though, is that they're actually really fun to play as, which of course means everyone plays Legion. If you play Legion and you live in NA, please just remove the CPU from your computer for the next few hours, I just want to be chased for once.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263503#Comment_3263503

    Why are you having to mend that much unless you're healing to full every time?

    How does not healing stop them from using their power?

    It stops them from getting a lot of value from it, you still have to mend regardless.


    I can almost guarantee Legion's kill rates are inflated because a lot of Legion players just make the match crawl.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263675#Comment_3263675

    How does not healing stop them from using their power?

    It stops them from getting a lot of value from it, you still have to mend regardless.

    I can almost guarantee Legion's kill rates are inflated because a lot of Legion players just make the match crawl.

    I'm a simple legion main, I frenzy because running and stabbing is really fun. Also I find him fun to verse. There's something about needing to know where to go in a loop to break their ankles.

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263685#Comment_3263685

    I'm a simple legion main, I frenzy because running and stabbing is really fun. Also I find him fun to verse. There's something about needing to know where to go in a loop to break their ankles.

    There's no denying he's very fun to play, I was a Legion main for a long while.

    I've stopped playing them though because I know how absolutely miserable I'm making matches. I can't in good conscience continue to do that. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263691#Comment_3263691

    There's no denying he's very fun to play, I was a Legion main for a long while.

    I've stopped playing them though because I know how absolutely miserable I'm making matches. I can't in good conscience continue to do that. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

    Oh I've been done unto in a bad way for a while before and even when I mained Legion. I'm just playing for myself now.

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263698#Comment_3263698

    Oh I've been done unto in a bad way for a while before and even when I mained Legion. I'm just playing for myself now.

    Went through that phase too. You come out of it eventually.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263691#Comment_3263691

    There's no denying he's very fun to play, I was a Legion main for a long while.

    I've stopped playing them though because I know how absolutely miserable I'm making matches. I can't in good conscience continue to do that. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

    I used to feel that way but after getting called the n word and told to kms after going out of my way to play things that people "like" to face I just said "screw it" and swapped to Twins. No one in a video game is going to care that you're a saint, they're going to care about their own fun, and if I want to play a killer that nobody enjoys going against then you bet your bottom dollar I will.

    That said, playing Legion is just taking it too far, man.

  • @LiveBritishReaction said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263698#Comment_3263698

    I used to feel that way but after getting called the n word and told to kms after going out of my way to play things that people "like" to face I just said "screw it" and swapped to Twins. No one in a video game is going to care that you're a saint, they're going to care about their own fun, and if I want to play a killer that nobody enjoys going against then you bet your bottom dollar I will.

    That said, playing Legion is just taking it too far, man.

    It's one thing to play how you want, it's another to knowingly give the other side a miserable experience.

    For example, Twins. Gotta slug if you play Twins, no way around it. Doesn't mean you have to bleed everyone out though.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263700#Comment_3263700

    Went through that phase too. You come out of it eventually.

    I legit just wanna vault quick and over pallets. Give me the frenzy animation and take out the whole speed and deep wound and we're in business. Maybe even add a window vault cooldown so it can't be used in rapid quick succession, I guess. Would that be a better idea than what we have? Depending on what people think, you could also be able to kick pallets or choose to vault over them.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263675#Comment_3263675

    How does not healing stop them from using their power?

    It stops them from getting a lot of value from it, you still have to mend regardless.

    I can almost guarantee Legion's kill rates are inflated because a lot of Legion players just make the match crawl.

    It doesn't, but why would you use it in that scenario? It's a recipe for a loss. Doesn't matter if the Legion's giving you deep wound if they're never downing you. Just mend and get back on gens. Y'all talk about Legion as if... simply because the match lasts longer, the killer plays better, or the survivors play worse. You just play the match out like normal, same advantages, except it's 8 minutes long instead of 6. We can't deny that a lot of these "mending simulator" complaints and complaints about matches "taking forever" are from bad survivors healing to full and/or not spreading out. It's not reflective of bad design; it's reflective of nobody bothering to counterplay.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263706#Comment_3263706

    It's one thing to play how you want, it's another to knowingly give the other side a miserable experience.

    For example, Twins. Gotta slug if you play Twins, no way around it. Doesn't mean you have to bleed everyone out though.

    Outside of hard tunneling and zoning at every loop, I'm kind of past the point of caring what people think of me for playing in a way they don't like. You could play perkless flick only Billy and get a perfect 12-hook game, without slugging or tunneling, or run No Mither only and exclusively focus on fair chases as opposed to W keying and genrushing, and people will still whine at you. There's no point attempting to please a playerbase as entitled as DBD's. You have to work to incite me to play genuinely spitefully but if I pick a strat or killer that's perceived as "unfun" and you complain at me for it I'll just point out that your opinion is invalidated by the fact that you're playing Nancy and move on.

  • @LiveBritishReaction said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263710#Comment_3263710

    Outside of hard tunneling and zoning at every loop, I'm kind of past the point of caring what people think of me for playing in a way they don't like. You could play perkless flick only Billy and get a perfect 12-hook game, without slugging or tunneling, or run No Mither only and exclusively focus on fair chases as opposed to W keying and genrushing, and people will still whine at you. There's no point attempting to please a playerbase as entitled as DBD's. You have to work to incite me to play genuinely spitefully but if I pick a strat or killer that's perceived as "unfun" and you complain at me for it I'll just point out that your opinion is invalidated by the fact that you're playing Nancy and move on.

    Wait, holding W is considered unfair?

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263705#Comment_3263705

    I legit just wanna vault quick and over pallets. Give me the frenzy animation and take out the whole speed and deep wound and we're in business. Maybe even add a window vault cooldown so it can't be used in rapid quick succession, I guess. Would that be a better idea than what we have? Depending on what people think, you could also be able to kick pallets or choose to vault over them.

    I always wanted Legion reworked while keeping his core identity. Not an easy task.

    Deep Wound is always gonna keep Legion weak and unfun to play against, unfortunately.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263714#Comment_3263714

    I always wanted Legion reworked while keeping his core identity. Not an easy task.

    Deep Wound is always gonna keep Legion weak and unfun to play against, unfortunately.

    It is definitely sad. I really do wish this game had a workshop where you can adjust stuff with perks and powers or even the base stuff to make goofy gamemode or genuinely good adjustments concepts for killers.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263685#Comment_3263685

    It doesn't, but why would you use it in that scenario? It's a recipe for a loss. Doesn't matter if the Legion's giving you deep wound if they're never downing you. Just mend and get back on gens. Y'all talk about Legion as if... simply because the match lasts longer, the killer plays better, or the survivors play worse. You just play the match out like normal, same advantages, except it's 8 minutes long instead of 6. We can't deny that a lot of these "mending simulator" complaints and complaints about matches "taking forever" are from bad survivors healing to full and/or not spreading out. It's not reflective of bad design; it's reflective of nobody bothering to counterplay.

    Never Sleep Pills and Mural Sketch make Legion pretty difficult to deal with.

    Likewise, matches at average ranks will probably take closer to 20 minutes if Legion really wants to drag it out.

    Like I said, they aren't strong. They'll probably still lose. Isn't that a sign of poor design if the Killer is weak AND they also suck to play against? Wouldn't both parties be happier if Legion was stronger and more enjoyable to match with?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263714#Comment_3263714

    I always wanted Legion reworked while keeping his core identity. Not an easy task.

    Deep Wound is always gonna keep Legion weak and unfun to play against, unfortunately.

    That's why I fight those legion hate posts. People always say legion needs a complete rework of power and that's what I fear old Freddy mains know what I fear.

    I love legion for his fast hit and run playstyle I want to run around and stab people that's why I play legion because it works on him. Sure one reason it works is because mend is slowing the game down but if bhvr would manage to keep his identity and keeps the whole run around and injur people style while keeping it good and making it less annoying for the survivor I couldn't care less but like I said I fear what bhvr would do

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263705#Comment_3263705

    I legit just wanna vault quick and over pallets. Give me the frenzy animation and take out the whole speed and deep wound and we're in business. Maybe even add a window vault cooldown so it can't be used in rapid quick succession, I guess. Would that be a better idea than what we have? Depending on what people think, you could also be able to kick pallets or choose to vault over them.

    WAIT.

    WAIT A MINUTE.

    You might be on to something.

    If Feral Frenzy only gave a speed boost for the first second or two, just as a little booty scooty at the beginning, and otherwise had you travel at normal speed BUT you can speed vault. Any stab would cause it to turn off, would count as a Special Attack, would apply Deep Wound ONLY on a healthy survivor, could down survivors, and not have the normal fatigue unless you miss your attack...

    I need to workshop this, but I think it would be less frustrating to go against while giving Legion lethality. Legion would be slower, but with the right charge up and cooldown, FF could be far more versatile and flexible.

  • It’s just really obnoxious and boring, and depending on the killer’s mobility, yes, it can be VERY unfair.

  • @LiveBritishReaction said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263727#Comment_3263727

    It’s just really obnoxious and boring, and depending on the killer’s mobility, yes, it can be VERY unfair.

    I wouldn't say unfair. More like "overly effective despite its ease and obviousness" out something similar.

    Running forward shouldn't be seen as unfair. Just boring and a design flaw that it counters so many things.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263714#Comment_3263714

    WAIT.

    WAIT A MINUTE.

    You might be on to something.

    If Feral Frenzy only gave a speed boost for the first second or two, just as a little booty scooty at the beginning, and otherwise had you travel at normal speed BUT you can speed vault. Any stab would cause it to turn off, would count as a Special Attack, would apply Deep Wound ONLY on a healthy survivor, could down survivors, and not have the normal fatigue unless you miss your attack...

    I need to workshop this, but I think it would be less frustrating to go against while giving Legion lethality. Legion would be slower, but with the right charge up and cooldown, FF could be far more versatile and flexible.

    Wanna add me on discord so we can workshop this together?

  • You can dislike a character, however this is not the place to spread hatred, so please avoid this kind of threads, thank you.

1 2 ›