Scroll wheel Hag is the most imbalanced thing in this game

She's not the best Killer but scroll wheel allows mkb players to cut down a chase in half. I just got hit instantly by one. Instantly, cannot do it on controller.There was an early dc, also, so I wasn't going to stay in the match either.

I've played another multiplayer game where scroll wheel can affect gameplay. In that particular game, if all things are equal, the scroll wheel user wins 100 times out of 100. That shouldn't exist in a multiplayer/crossplay game. Scroll wheel Hags shouldn't get free hits either.

Comments

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261152#Comment_3261152

    (Mechanical) Exploits shouldn't be openly explained or discussed in an open forum.

    That’s like saying using Q and E on hillbilly is an exploit.

  • @Alcuin said:

    She's not the best Killer but scroll wheel allows mkb players to cut down a chase in half. I just got hit instantly by one. Instantly, cannot do it on controller.There was an early dc, also, so I wasn't going to stay in the match either.

    I've played another multiplayer game where scroll wheel can affect gameplay. In that particular game, if all things are equal, the scroll wheel user wins 100 times out of 100. That shouldn't exist in a multiplayer/crossplay game. Scroll wheel Hags shouldn't get free hits either.

    Go watch a 5 minute YouTube video about how you can safely trigger Hags traps.

    And then never complain about Hag again. There are better fights to take up.

  • Run at the traps at an arc then if they swing you will be out of range

  • bruv theres much worse than hag

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261152#Comment_3261152

    (Mechanical) Exploits shouldn't be openly explained or discussed in an open forum.

    I dont think that you can really call a control binding that is built into the game an exploit.

    Thats like saying because i changed my controller binding so I am able to heal people without dropping a pallet, because I made it so those actions are different buttons, that is an exploit and not something that can be talked about because some players havent figured out to do that.

  • @Alcuin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261145#Comment_3261145

    I'm talking about scroll wheel. Only a portion of the player base has access to it and not all of them use it. It changes how she plays. That should not exist. You cannot counter a Hag using scroll wheel.

    Flashlights… crouching… holding W when she drops a trap midloop… I play hag 50% of the time I’m playing killer and this is how I’m countered. I’m counterable. My best matches are played on dark maps and against solos without flashlights. I lose most matches to swfs, and even a smart solo survivor with a flashlight often plays well against me.

    against a good hag, I would also advise to take the edge of the map to travel. Good hags place a web of traps on commonly traveled paths on the map and on loops they expect later to be chasing a survivor at. if I’m not playing bodyblocker basement hag, this is how I place my traps and I often get 3-4ks.

    she is counterable. I’m giving this advice based on the matches I lose.

  • @foodie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261222#Comment_3261222

    This is an issue with any game that goes from being PC available to cross-platform. There are always issues that the console players have. The devs can do their best to accommodate, but at the end of the day, it is a PC game and no change will ever be enough unless it's overpoweringly easy for one side.

    Not to mention that you can connect a keyboard and mouse to your console, so I guess that would be the solution

    As far as I know, mkb is not available on console. Even if it were, there would be significant input lag.You wouldn't get the free hit that scroll wheel Hags get.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    So, how would you fix it?

    Deny PC the ability to rebind keys? Set some keys as not bindable? Some people use the mousewheel for other binds because they don't want to slam on their spacebar. Put a timer on how fast Hag can react to something, which would artificially limit their response time?

    I want to know how you intend to fix this issue without outright nerfing PC players or Hag specifically. Or, I guess you could just nerf Hag for being available for PC. Any nerf to Hag would effect them on console as well, though.

    I don't know how to fix it but I do have experience playing pvp games where one side has free sh*t on their side. That's what scroll wheel Hag is.

  • @Alcuin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261230#Comment_3261230

    As far as I know, mkb is not available on console. Even if it were, there would be significant input lag.You wouldn't get the free hit that scroll wheel Hags get.

    You can do this with any button, not specifically the scroll wheel.

    There is also no way of you knowing what the hag you faced was using as their teleportation bind unless you can see the hag screen, which you can't and regardless, any key will guarantee quick teleports. I repeat any key bind.

    Just because a hag is able to teleport quickly doesn't mean they're using the scroll wheel, which you think is OP, but no one else does. Even if they are using the scroll wheel, it's allowed.

    If you're not happy about how your controller works or your console, it doesn't mean the entire community of PC players or the killer- Hag has to be nerfed. Her power is neither OP nor uncounterable. In fact, she is the killer with the most counters to their power.

    If you want to change something on your end, you can add a mouse and keyboard to your console. There are loads of resources about that, so do your research. This is pretty much a you problem.

    And I think you received enough replies on the situation and more than enough tips on how to face hag or how to find information about that, so perhaps learn how to face the killer instead of begging for its demise.

  • You can still instantly tp by mashing the button. When I suspect some one is about to trigger a trap, i just start mashing CTRL.

    Dont see how this isnt possible on Controller

  • Imo the scroll wheel shouldn't be a valid binding

  • @foodie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261930#Comment_3261930

    You can do this with any button, not specifically the scroll wheel.

    There is also no way of you knowing what the hag you faced was using as their teleportation bind unless you can see the hag screen, which you can't and regardless, any key will guarantee quick teleports. I repeat any key bind.

    Just because a hag is able to teleport quickly doesn't mean they're using the scroll wheel, which you think is OP, but no one else does. Even if they are using the scroll wheel, it's allowed.

    If you're not happy about how your controller works or your console, it doesn't mean the entire community of PC players or the killer- Hag has to be nerfed. Her power is neither OP nor uncounterable. In fact, she is the killer with the most counters to their power.

    If you want to change something on your end, you can add a mouse and keyboard to your console. There are loads of resources about that, so do your research. This is pretty much a you problem.

    And I think you received enough replies on the situation and more than enough tips on how to face hag or how to find information about that, so perhaps learn how to face the killer instead of begging for its demise.

    What people do, not what people say. You are using scroll wheel in your Hag video.

  • Sir, let me introduce you to nurse...

  • @Alcuin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262097#Comment_3262097

    What people do, not what people say. You are using scroll wheel in your Hag video.

    I do use scroll wheel, but the point is that you don't know if the hag you faced was using scroll wheel and regardless, you can insta teleport with any other button.

    If I'm not mistaken the default key is Ctrl, and I don't like using that because I have small hands and hitting Ctrl actually hurts my pinky. I've also used Shift and that is just as good as mouse scroll wheel, but I usually subconsciously hold the Shift button all the time due to playing survivor most times and also in other games, so its just not ideal for me.

    If you want to see how Shift works on Hag just as good as scroll wheel, take a look at Michi's youtube videos. He uses Shift :)

  • Im not using scrollwheel but whenever i know someone is going into my traps, im smashing crtl, and it also makes me insta-teleport.... i really dont know how scrollwheel is helping in that matter... unless someone is constantly scrolling throughout whole trial... but i dont think is possible, or convinient at all.

1 2 ›