I enjoy the game the most at iridescent 1 ...

... because I don't feel the need to increase my grade anymore so I'm free to experiment and play in a more relaxed way.

I very competitive by nature but I'm not the only one.

Comments

  • And I’m ash 3 survivor and ash 2 killer 😭

  • @GannTM said:

    And I’m ash 3 survivor and ash 2 killer 😭

    Equally free from pressure to rank up then. If you never have any hope of getting far in the first place. 🤣

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259821#Comment_3259821

    Equally free from pressure to rank up then. If you never have any hope of getting far in the first place. 🤣

    It kind of makes sense. As solo survivor it's mission impossible to go high. But still, sometimes one can hope and I start to play in a more conservative manner instead of a playful one.

  • its always nice to pip up but each time I move up a grade I always spend a couple of games just playing around with random builds

  • I don’t care about my grade and pips at all anymore.

    BP don’t seem valuable to me anymore as I am playing way too much anyways and since the new system had all characters on P9 anyways.

  • I think I lost my competitive spirit after taking a year long break. I "freed my mind" and no longer get frustrated when I lose. It's probably more so that I know I suck at the game now, and so my expectations are lower. But it's fun to pretend I'm enlightened or something.

  • @conqueror_worm__ said:

    its always nice to pip up but each time I move up a grade I always spend a couple of games just playing around with random builds

    Yes, but then you have to "work" for the next one.

    @Mooks said:

    I don’t care about my grade and pips at all anymore.

    BP don’t seem valuable to me anymore as I am playing way too much anyways and since the new system had all characters on P9 anyways.

    It's not about BP. In a nutshell, if there is some ranking that goes up, some feel a need to be at the top.

    @FellowKillerMain said:

    I think I lost my competitive spirit after taking a year long break. I "freed my mind" and no longer get frustrated when I lose. It's probably more so that I know I suck at the game now, and so my expectations are lower. But it's fun to pretend I'm enlightened or something.

    Competitive spirit is not specific to DbD (speaking for myself maybe). And, strangely, I don't get frustrated when I lose. But if I depip, I play twice as hard to recover it. (And I can, and I win, and it's not fun for anybody involved).

    That being said, even if you aren't frustrated by accepting "you suck at the game" (true or not), it's kind of enlightened.

  • @Mooks said:

    I don’t care about my grade and pips at all anymore.

    BP don’t seem valuable to me anymore as I am playing way too much anyways and since the new system had all characters on P9 anyways.

    You gotta get those prestige 100s though, lol

  • i am already freaking out about the cluttered inventory’s I have on Wesker, Ada and Rebecca. useless items, offerings and Addons in numbers I can never get rid off 😓 and they are all just around P6

  • I only really feel sel-imposed pressure from mid-gold on; prior to that you'll grade up just by playing. But yeah, definitely can play more naturally once you hit iri 1.

    Of course, then I feel like I need to play the other role until reset, and the process repeats itself, so the relief is short lived, lol

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259901#Comment_3259901

    i am already freaking out about the cluttered inventory’s I have on Wesker, Ada and Rebecca. useless items, offerings and Addons in numbers I can never get rid off 😓 and they are all just around P6

    You should see my Kate at prestige 20, lol

  • I'm probably the least competitive DbD player, yet I do have the most fun at Iri 1 (at least on survivor, on killer it's not as frustrating otherwise).

    Only happened once so far, but not having to worry about depipping from being tunneled/having a teammate DC was great.

    (I want to improve my grade for no other reason than the bloodpoint bonus :D)

  • I cant get rank 1 this month because I keep depipping for BS reason out of my control all the time. Luckily I dont take the game seriously anymore otherwise I would be malding every solo surv game

  • @Mooks said:

    I don’t care about my grade and pips at all anymore.

    BP don’t seem valuable to me anymore as I am playing way too much anyways and since the new system had all characters on P9 anyways.

    I'm gonna be the same from now on. Hit iri 1 on surv and killer this month and it's just stressful. Every bad game annoyed me because I didn't want to lose pips.

    From now on I'm just gonna play for jollies. Maybe spend a week tanking my killer MMR. I have to run sweaty builds every game or I get gen rushed in minutes.