Should Ruin get a buffed regression speed?

I would say yes with the caveat that it still deactivates after a survivor dies. I don't think it needed to be nuked from orbit like it was but I think rebuffing the regression speed would help for the following reasons:

(a) Ruin encourages pressuring gens. If you don't take a survivor off of gens, Ruin does nothing. Camping Killers get very little value.

(b) With it deactivating upon the death of a survivor it would encourage spreading hooks around which is a healthier playstyle.

(c) It doesn't stack with any of the gen kicking perks and, most importantly, it can't be used with Eruption. It's an either/or situation.

Personally, I think a buffed Ruin regression speed would be healthy for the game. What are your thoughts?

Comments

  • 150%, take it or leave it

  • @FentV1rus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3258887#Comment_3258887

    Free 200% regression that required no interaction from the killer. It was fine on most killers, but as soon as you get a Blight/Nurse/Spirit that is able to pressure the map easily, it became incredibly oppressive. On top of that, you almost always protected it with Hex Undying. This meant that at least one survivor had to find and deal with two totems just to get rid of. This meant even less time on gens. This was also during the high times of old Tinkerer, that could trigger an unlimited amount of times. Literally any killer could use Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer, and get instant value.

    How was it oppressive? You break the totem, and if the killer's guarding the totem they're not guarding the gens. Wow, having to break 2 hexes? So oppressive. Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Killers didn't get instant value from Ruin/Tinkerer. They'd have to go pressure the gen, and on the off chance it didn't get done in their face, they'd still have to hang around a while because if they chase 1 off, another can just come behind and finish it, or at least stop it from reactivating Tinkerer again, in which case the killer would just have to guess that someone got on it and come back. Both Tinkerer and Ruin have been annihilated, and you never see them anymore. But we're to believe that their old versions were THAT much more powerful? I don't think so. Solos/bad survivors can skew results a lot.

  • @Steakdabait said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3258887#Comment_3258887

    bhvr wanted killers to be less punished for not running slowdowns so they increased base gen repair times and nerfed most regression perks. This was an amazing idea.

    Not in execution. They punished killers who used perks like Ruin, which only rewarded them if they pressured gens and left hook. Trust me, killers have never been more punished for not relying on slowdown. Freddy and Ghost Face didn't stop being Freddy and Ghost face overnight because of that 'buff'.

  • @VideoGameMage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3258887#Comment_3258887

    Because bhvr wanted to shake up the meta, and ruin was in the top 5 killers perks. The point of the perk overhaul patch was to get people to run other perks.

    The results of bad data. I bet it was top 5 killer perks... across all levels. But at the top specifically it never saw play. It just got cleansed or straight-up ignored. Gen regression was and still isn't even worth it against the top, so you're better off using Corrupt (which was nerfed) and Deadlock. And then guess what? The perks they shaked up and made people start using, now are all being called OP. Yep, Overcharge/Call Of Brine OP, because majority of survivors are incapable of gen tapping.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259281#Comment_3259281

    If you put it that way, i would prefer A, but it still can lead to a boring, stale match.

    Buffed ruin would be used with pentimento + plaything for a hex slowdown build.

    So i must choose between being slowed down to 2 min per gen (slowdown) or be incapacitated while gen progress revert at a extremely fast rate (regressing).

    And pain res, deadlock, gift of pain, can be paired with either.

    God i hate this meta.

    I understand your frustration but my suggestion is based on reducing camping and tunneling. Killers need an incentive to leave the hook combined with the disincentives. Before, you couldn't make Rank One by just straight out down the first camp them out and getting to Rank One was a source of pride. BBQ and Chili's BP bonus made it omnipresent and the BP bonus along with the aura reading incentivized the Killer to leave the hook. Now we have MMR which only incentivizes kills and no juicy BP bonus for BBQ & Chili stacks. We do have more anti-tunneling tools than before (although I think DS needs its nerf reverted) and a anti-camping tool (that I think needs a buff) but there are no incentives for Killers to not tunnel and only a few that encourage multiple hooks (Scourge Hooks and Pop although Pop was nuked to oblivion).

    This part isn't directed specifically at you; I'm just taking advantage of my post to state it but personally I think the game would be better off overall if Killers had incentives to not camp and tunnel combined with the disincentives and, in my opinion, the survivor portion of the community should have less resistance to buffs that promote that.

    I don't expect to win every game but I do expect to have fun and I have more fun in a game where hooks are spread around and everyone has a chance to play. I fortunately often get teammates who help me punish hard camping and tunneling by hook trading and doing gens so it's quite often a 3E or 4E instead of a 4K but those games are boring. I'd rather have a close game, win or lose, that's exciting with Killers that spread hooks around and don't camp than a game that's just hit M1, the occasional hook trade, open the exit gates and either feel sorry for the sacrificial lamb or be the sacrificial lamb. I think that healthier games would be more easily achieved with incentives combined with disincentives against camping and tunneling.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I had an idea regarding Ruin a few weeks ago because admittedly it is pretty bad now. What if it worked like this?

    ”A Hex that affects Survivors’ repair progress.

    All generators are affected by Hex: Ruin; when a generator is not being repaired, it automatically begins to regress.

    For the first 120 seconds of the trial, affected generators regress at 150/175/200% of the normal regression speed. After the first 120 seconds, this regression rate gradually decreases over the next 120 seconds from 150/175/200% of normal to 100% of normal.

    After a Survivor is sacrificed or killed by any means, the Hex: Ruin totem automatically reverts to a dull totem.

    The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex totem is standing.”

    Basically what this means is, it starts the trial at the same strength as it was before 6.1.0, but it weakens itself over time. If cleansed early, it’s no different than it was before the nerf and might still provide a bit of early-game value. If it lasts longer than that, then it won’t be as oppressive as it was previously, and it still turns off after a death.

    What do you think?

    I think it's a good idea.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3258985#Comment_3258985

    I don't want to return it though to its former glory just to do so. I want to return it but with the deactivation upon survivor death because it then incentivizes spreading hooks and deincentivizes camping. That makes games more fun.

    I can potentially see "deincentivizes camping" because Ruin doesn't do anything if you camp, but no other regression perk helps when you camp either. PGTW, Eruption, CoB, Jolt, etc only work if you're actively harassing generators/survivors. I think Deadlock and Merciless Storm are the only remaining perks that are slowdowns that assist camping. And Merciless Storm you can ignore if you'e good enough at the skill checks.

    Jolt itself is probably one of the healthiest regression perks in the game. But that's a different conversation.

    I don't really understand how it incentivizes spreading hooks other than the deactivation condition. You'll still be benefited most by targeting 2 specific survivors and trading hooks between them even with the deactivation. Someone out of the game is the most effective regression perk in the game.

    I generally find the CoB/Eruption meta to be kind of annoying, but I'm not sure a Hex: Ruin meta is more healthy as I think it sets the meta to be around random totem spawns. Also, while I don't think Ruin is strong right now, I don't think it's weak. It's probably more just weak because the regression isn't as good as the other regression perks, it has no synergy with them, and it can be deactivated by the survivors. But it's also still too strong to not be a Hex perk anymore since the effect is persistent and passive.

    Maybe if there was some kind of middle ground? I wonder what would happen if it was changed to be similar to PGTW where the regression was faster if the generator had more progress.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    No, Ruin should stay as it is.

    Base regression should get bugged to 0.5c/s

    So bump base regression up to what Ruin used to do. 200% of .25 makes it .5. I've been saying regression speed should be increased instead of adding more time, which means nothing in most games because of the amount of repair speed perks in nearly every game.

  • @SpaghettiYOLO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3258935#Comment_3258935

    So bump base regression up to what Ruin used to do. 200% of .25 makes it .5. I've been saying regression speed should be increased instead of adding more time, which means nothing in most games because of the amount of repair speed perks in nearly every game.

    Correct that's my point.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    I would say yes with the caveat that it still deactivates after a survivor dies. I don't think it needed to be nuked from orbit like it was but I think rebuffing the regression speed would help for the following reasons:

    (a) Ruin encourages pressuring gens. If you don't take a survivor off of gens, Ruin does nothing. Camping Killers get very little value.

    (b) With it deactivating upon the death of a survivor it would encourage spreading hooks around which is a healthier playstyle.

    (c) It doesn't stack with any of the gen kicking perks and, most importantly, it can't be used with Eruption. It's an either/or situation.

    Personally, I think a buffed Ruin regression speed would be healthy for the game. What are your thoughts?

    This is a completly worthless perk right now, get 1 kill loose it (if he endures lighted up at this time) and NORMALLY regress a non working gen lol. its indeed RUINED.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    No, Ruin should stay as it is.

    Base regression should get bugged to 0.5c/s

    Lmao, now we see from who bhvr takes opinion in consideration

  • @KblokoBR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3258935#Comment_3258935

    Lmao, now we see from who bhvr takes opinion in consideration

    Clearly not me lmfao their changes are whack

    Anyway found the user who doesn't know what base generator regression speed is part 2

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259633#Comment_3259633

    Clearly not me lmfao their changes are whack

    Anyway found the user who doesn't know what base generator regression speed is part 2

    For sure, you would high up the game showing how broken actualy base regression is.

  • @KblokoBR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259637#Comment_3259637

    For sure, you would high up the game showing how broken actualy base regression is.

    Ah yes, base regression is so broken that it takes 360 seconds to regress a generator from 99% to 0%. It is 4x slower than Survivor progress on a Generator without any speed modifiers, and the only things that make gens worth kicking are OverBrine and Eruption.

    How absolutely gamebreaking.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259639#Comment_3259639

    Ah yes, base regression is so broken that it takes 360 seconds to regress a generator from 99% to 0%. It is 4x slower than Survivor progress on a Generator without any speed modifiers, and the only things that make gens worth kicking are OverBrine and Eruption.

    How absolutely gamebreaking.

    It was an IRONY my man, ruin is deep sht now, if you asked about a buff it doesnt get clear to me

  • @KblokoBR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259643#Comment_3259643

    It was an IRONY my man, ruin is deep sht now, if you asked about a buff it doesnt get clear to me

    I'm literally saying to buff base regression up to what Ruin used to be like, which is an overall killer buff like babes I am begging you to use a calculator and some critical thinking

  • I've been complaining that the base gen regression is (phrase I can't type)

    And Ruin being fitted with it only proves my point...

    It either needs to lose the deactivation or let it be 200% Gen regression

    And that "mini Pop" isn't worth a (word I can't type) right now

    As @GoodBoyKaru said (sorry for bringing you back into this) it takes 360 seconds to fully regress a Gen that takes a SOLO Survivor 90 seconds to repair (and complete)

    So yes I would love to see Ruin came back to it's former glory... MHAHAHAHAHAAHahahahah.... heheheheh

    I would also like to see base Gen regression be increased to .50 charges per second... and changing all of the regression perks (mainly COB and Overcharge)

    Also what's the lowest Gen progression lost... 8% from Jolt (I think so if something else exists then I'm sorry)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259649#Comment_3259649

    I'm literally saying to buff base regression up to what Ruin used to be like, which is an overall killer buff like babes I am begging you to use a calculator and some critical thinking

    you can use overcharge. it applies hex:ruin after 30 seconds to a gen. it buffs base-kit regression to 200%. I am not sure what your complaining about? Personally for me, I do not like gen kicking perks because they're not time efficient for me. I wish there was a perk that kicked generators for me automatically and applied my perks without me having to kick generators.

    The closest perk to that is oppression but it does not apply the gen kicking perks. If there was a perk that automatically kicked the nearest generator for basic/special attacking a survivor with short/medium cooldown, I would use these perks a lot more.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259653#Comment_3259653

    you can use overcharge. it applies hex:ruin after 30 seconds to a gen. it buffs base-kit regression to 200%. I am not sure what your complaining about? Personally for me, I do not like gen kicking perks because they're not time efficient for me. I wish there was a perk that kicked generators for me automatically and applied my perks without me having to kick generators.

    The closest perk to that is oppression but it does not apply the gen kicking perks. If there was a perk that automatically kicked the nearest generator for basic/special attacking a survivor with short/medium cooldown, I would use these perks a lot more.

    I can also use Call of Brine.

    Or we can stop relying on perks to make regression even semi worthwhile and just make it better from the getgo and subsequently nerf OverBrine to keep it at the same level as today .

  • I was fine with the 200 being lessened bit; wish it was 150% instead of 100. But the extra downside of losing it after you kill a Survivor makes it worthless. It didn't need it, because it was a hex perk to begin with. Survivor can counter it by simply doing the gens ans committing to it, or seeking the totem when found. It helps Killers whom is good at pressuring multiple Survivors off gens, and if a Survivor dies; whom cares the Survivors are less likely to do gens, if it was a 3 gen situation or if they not even doing the last few gens; or worse case scenario, they didn't even bother completing a gen and waste all the time bullying the killer with Flashlight.

  • I think Ruin is fine how it is, IF IT WOULD NOT BE A HEX-PERK ANYMORE!

    You have a mediocre auto-regression, which deactivates after one survivor dies.

1 2 ›