Xbone/Ps4 brightness differences

What's up with this insane difference? Xbone is a one x, ps4 is launch edition. Both tv's are identical Samsung 40" 4k with exact same settings.

Comments

  • Xbone is on the left btw
  • I mostly just wanna know if all the complaints about the game being too bright are ps4 players. It's really bright and washed out looking. I guess I should update the pc version and check it too.

  • It’s been SUPER dark for me on Xbox, especially in some buildings and the basement, like goddamn
  • @GT_Legend2 said:
    It’s been SUPER dark for me on Xbox, especially in some buildings and the basement, like goddamn

    Yea I noticed Autohaven, Coldwin, Lery's, Game are all MUCH darker. But Macmil is brighter, it's almost day time now.

  • The game is super bright on the PS4. The Spirit looks almost neon blue at times. The survivors look washed out around the campfire. It's not good.

  • @thesuicidefox those were a couple of the posts I read that influenced me to upload the screenshot. Updating pc copy now to get another shot to compare all on the same tvs.

  • pc is left ps4 right for reference
  • ######### happens when there are no graphic settings
    Pretty good job BHVR

  • My PS4 isn't that bright, and I have my stuff set for gaming on a vizio

    I don't know.

    I liek the new looks

  • it's not quite as bright as the pic makes it look but it's close. crap phone pics but it was the only way to get both screens at once. is there a brightness setting on the ps4 itself? maybe it's in my ps4 settings. pc is kinda midway between xbone and ps4 as far as the brightness goes.

  • My ps4 is bit that bright but my TV corrects image, things are pretty clear now for us, hidden survivors is extremely easy tô see and i like that as a killer cause it makes sense but the clarity ruins my survivor experiênce cause it reduces  my fear on game
  • I saw a comment on a thread here but I don't remember which one that said to set a video setting on ps4 to rgb full. It worked miracles and fixed my brightness issue.
  • @Doomspooge said:
    What's up with this insane difference? Xbone is a one x, ps4 is launch edition. Both tv's are identical Samsung 40" 4k with exact same settings.

    I find this odd because I own a PS4 and yet my screen looks like the one on the left. I do not suffer things being bright but rather the complete opposite. On most maps things have gotten so dark that some survivors are completely impossible to see. Thanks to the fps/motion blur this is even worse.

  • The left screen is how the spirits normal vision is on PC and the right is what her spirit phase looks like. Super annoying as well.

  • After going to settings>sound and screen>video output settings>rgb range and setting it to full the ps4 now looks like this. Hope it helps anyone with overly bright display. Still a bit bright but not near like it was.