Garden of Joy is a failed map design and BHVR needs to admit they messed up.
How has the culmination of 6 years of map design lead to something as laughably one-sided as Garden of Joy? As a survivor, I hate this map because the killers get ran for 5 gens and stands no-chance. I sit on generators till the match is over. As a killer, I hate this map because, unless I'm Nurse, I've already lost.
The main building is overpowered. The bottom floor has 2 god-vaults -- sometimes 3 -- that if you stop sprinting when you vault, it won't be entity blocked. Yep, you guys brought back infinites. The dining-room window faces exactly toward a jungle-gym, so you can literally vault that window right into another window tile.
The motel-sign loop is BROKEN. That loop borders with enough safe-pallets that you can tie that loop into the surrounding tiles. Shack can be tied into the neighboring tiles seamlessly. Main building can have a gazebo loop that will tie in the main building into another surrounding tile near the Motel-Sign loop. BHVR seems to not recognize the fact that surrounding resources will be looped into the nearest tile, making tiles with filler-pallets nearby much stronger. This means that if a long-wall jungle-gym touches a filler-pallet, this long-wall jungle gym has 2 pallets.
And let's not forget how ABSURD the hitboxes for the bushes are. These bush hitboxes are so big you can't use your killer's power around it. Huntress? Nope. Plague? Nope. Leatherface, Blight, Billy? Nope, you slam right into tiny twig-collision. How did this pass play-testing? Did they get anyone competent to test this map out? Did the people who designed this map even play the game? Who made this garbage?
Comments
Considering the previous map was Eyrie of Cringe, it seems par for the course
Exactly.
The next map should have God-Pallets and God-Windows only. Mindgames are outdated.
Actually, i like the map as killer, but i play mostly dredge and hag, which both can capitalize on it.
I’ve hit a point where I’m so fed up with the map design of DBD that I get genuinely happy when it’s Eyrie because for as much as Eyrie sucks, it could have been a whole number of worse maps instead. Could’ve been Gideon’s, or Badham, or Garden, or Haddonfield, or Cowshed, or—okay, you get the idea.
I think when Eyrie of Crows is one of the BETTER maps in your game you need to seriously sit down and have a think.
This, wholeheartedly. I don't even mind Eyrie except for when I'm playing Myers or Ghostface because as bad as it is, it could be so much worse.
Garden of Pain is an unholy mess. Broken hitboxes that screw over every chainsaw, bump, and ranged killer, a fairly central main building that is the most broken abomination to ever darken the doorstop of 2022 DBD, strong loops everywhere, pallets even more everywhere, lighting issues that render parts of the map pitch black. It's very pretty and that is the only thing I can say in its favor.
I would think Hag would suffer on this map because it's so big and the gen spread is pretty wide, even if she can make good use out of the main building. It was made with Dredge in mind, though, so it does have that going for it.
actually it works for me because you ignore part of most maps anyway, so you use the main building and the surroundings, and ignore anything beyond the street, which are usually 2-3 gens. You actually just fight about the last 2 gens on this map, but by that time you are set up good, usually.