Fearmonger hides the event portals. Haven't noticed this perk so often until the event started
What's going on?? Are there 5 different archive challenges in the new archive for killer that require having Fearmonger equipped?
Or are killers trying to find any way to grief the event that they can? Next time, make the portal auras work through blindness so the event can't be griefed.
I used to see Feramonger once every 30 matches. Now it's 1 in every 3...
Comments
Free perk for new players I guess and exhaustion perks are super popular. Either that or Otz made a video.
Using a perk is griefing. Really interesting stuff here.
It's always been a decently strong but not overpowered perk but most likely the change to dead hard is the reason. I know sprint burst and lithe have taken some of the old dead hard users and these are more easily counter by fearmonger because 1) you sprint burst to a gen and 2) if you break chase with lithe you most likely are going to be on a gen before youre done being exhausted.
Using a counter (very weak) to counter exhaustion = griefing now I guess
Rather than hop off a gen when I have 15 Energy to run all the way across the map to deposit, I stay on the gen until I see a portal spawn nearby. Can't see portals because Fearmonger is in every other match.
It's not surprising to see players try to exploit the event to deny the opposition. Like sabo squads that used to break event hooks, which is why EVERY hook is an event hook now.
Just get off the gen for a few seconds until you can see the aura.... Yikes.
Blindness shouldn't work on things that are tied to events like the rift portals. There is 0 reason to have the blindness effect apply to event auras like that.
Almost everyone and their mother are using perks such as dead hard, lithe, and balanced landing. Fearmonger just counters those meta perks. It's a good call.
That old perk? Surprised anyone's still running it.
Just stay on the gen and finish it and then you'll see a portal... you dont have to leave as soon as you hot 15.
And imagine being so entitled you are moaning and killers using perks calling them griefing.
They are allowed to use what perks they like and it's a good perk for so many reasons, people arent using it for that reason. It's like saying all blastmine, headon players are griefing as it takes points away from the killer... but thatd be entitled and just stupid...
Yeah, let me just stop repairing for 5 seconds to look for a portal every 30 seconds when they change locations
It's not surprising to see players try to exploit the event to deny the opposition.
Don't you think it's a little overdramatic to say something like this? How is the killer using fearmonger denying the survivors the ability to participate in the event? A survivor can just let go of the gen and see the portal and get back on the gen.
You're making a much bigger deal than it really is.
If you are actively repairing a gen, it doesn't matter if you see the aura of the portals. If you want to go secure your void energy, you'll have to stop repairing the gen anyways and then you'll lose blindness to locate the portal.
It really doesn't matter if you can see where the portal is while working on a gen, because it doesn't change anything.
Sure, and let's make the killer have to drop chase and be out of chase for 5 seconds before they can see event auras
You only have to do it once when you hit 15...
How about you run blastmine, headon or even that perk that blinds the killer?
Oh that's right no one is using perks to make the event harder, they're just using perks they want to.
Is the gen going to run away and heal itself if you let go of it for a few seconds?
I don't feel like I am seeing more of Fearmonger now, regardless. It's been fairly prevalent for a long while, at least in my experience.
Plus, you're either going to finish the gen before running to a portal anyway, or let go once you hit 15, so it's really not a huge deal. And as you say, they're constantly moving, so that one you're eyeballing while working on the gen is probably not going to be there when it's done regardless.
If the whole "stop repairing a gen every 5 seconds to look for a portal every 30 seconds when they change locations" is bothering you, why not just complete the gen?
It's not that bad a perk to go up against (I can certainly think of tougher ones!).
It's instantly known if it's in place, and I bear that in mind if I'm rockin' an exhaustion perk. If there's no exhaustion perk in my arsenal, then the blindness really is a minor inconvenience at best.
If you need to find an aura at a certain point, just don't touch the gen or at least make of note of where you see it before settling down to fiddle with the wires.
Normally, I repair until I have 15 energy. Then I wait for a portal to spawn near my gen so I can hop off, deposit, and hop back on the gen to get more energy.
It's not worth hopping off as soon as I have 15 energy because the portal shown to me will be gone by the time I get to it. It's also not worth staying on a gen that I can still get more energy out of if there's a portal nearby to dump it and come back.
I queue solo. We only have so much time to get the energy before we're all dead. We don't have the luxury of every survivor on the team being able to loop the killer for 5 minutes between each hook.
Eruption does not stop survivors from depositing energy into portals. Blindness should not hide them.
I don't care about Fearmnger otherwise