Was this hacking? Downed survivor game Instantly Disconnects.

I start a game and find Felix (RED) very quickly. I down him with a small 20 seconds as plague. he was in a very unfortunate spot.

THE VERY MOMENT I DOWN HIM. My Game Disconnects. before he even hits the ground.

20221018122803_1.jpg

I got the Dc penalty and everything.

since I got my new computer I have had zero problems with Disconnecting Randomly and even then i could tell it was going to crash with performance issues or game freezing.

Comments

  • Hard to say. That's something that can happen naturally, and servers are wonky right now, but it's also something cheaters can do.

  • I wouldn't be surprised.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Hard to say. That's something that can happen naturally, and servers are wonky right now, but it's also something cheaters can do.

    Yeah that's really why I asked. I know crashing the killers game is a cheat but I've never gone against it so I don't know

  • That happened to me the other day, a Steve on dead hook and injured was bodyblocking while i was carrying a Nea, i hitted him, and the moment he touched the ground, the game disconected me :/

  • Things seem buggy since 6.3 dropped. I've had quite a few crashes when normally that's extremely rare. I also get lag only as killer where I'll start jumping around due to it being so bad. No speed issues with my internet and switching to survivor fixes it. So I wouldn't necessarily assume this is hacking and would think it's more of a buggy state of the game right now.

  • It might also be that heavy desync allowed you to catch up on him and down him and when the client validated the down it all crashed down.

  • @Chaos999 said:

    It might also be that heavy desync allowed you to catch up on him and down him and when the client validated the down it all crashed down.

    could be, he didn't use his deadhard so maybe it looked like I was not that close

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3234378#Comment_3234378

    could be, he didn't use his deadhard so maybe it looked like I was not that close

    It has happened to me a couple times. Since I monitor my network traffic normally, I can tell both times I had heavy packet loss when something like this happened to me.

  • Maybe ?

    But the game is kind of buggy too. The other day I got disconnected fromm the last survivor jumping through hatch.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    Maybe ?

    But the game is kind of buggy too. The other day I got disconnected fromm the last survivor jumping through hatch.

    Yeah, lots of weird stuff going on atm, so had to pin anything down.

  • It's difficult to tell. Someone could've de ided to DDOS you. But DCs can be a bit random. Had a mate who got pallet stunned and as the stun hit they DCd lol