People wonder why solo survivors play selfishly for hatch

Every game I've played today trying to do hatch challenge survivors have waited at the exit gate until EGC has finished. I've been doing gens, saves and chases and yet my team just want to t-bag until the game finishes.

Decided to play a game where I hid until everyone was dead and I got the hatch first try. Only 2 more to go. Sorry team!

Comments

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3235578#Comment_3235578

    Yeah countless threads and none of them have anyone admitting they themselves were playing selfishly.

    Keep em coming, you are actually amusing.

    I think people aren't really putting into account that by prioritizing their challenge over their team, it is inherently selfish regardless of the further justifications. Its part of why I hate sandbagging challenges, they basically encourage this kind of stuff.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    I wonder if there's any possibility that challenges affect kill rates?

    considering the amount of challenges that might as well read as "throw the game x amount of times" or, "throw the game twice, do this in one trial", it isn't just a possibility

  • @BringShaggytoDBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3234562#Comment_3234562

    Dude, stop overthinking it. The text in the post is more important than the title. I already responded to you and told you what me post meant, if you want to keep believing it means something else go ahead, you do you pal 😘

    'The title, other than attracting attention, is simply suggesting people wouldn't play selfishly if the challenges didn't rely on the behaviour of other survivors. In my case, hanging around the exit gates when trying to escape through hatch.'

    He does this thing where once he decides he's going to take your post some way, he refuses to let it go even if you correct yourself.

    Been there, done that. I disagree with your initial premises, but learn from my mistakes.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3235625#Comment_3235625

    I think people aren't really putting into account that by prioritizing their challenge over their team, it is inherently selfish regardless of the further justifications. Its part of why I hate sandbagging challenges, they basically encourage this kind of stuff.

    I agree totally.

    It's the same reason people throw matches when they want to farm hooks (especially now with base BT).

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3235578#Comment_3235578

    Yeah countless threads and none of them have anyone admitting they themselves were playing selfishly.

    Keep em coming, you are actually amusing.

    You're quite amusing yourself. The way you're so gungho and determined to believe you're some sort of truth teller is laughable

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    Probably they were waiting for you? Maybe tell them in chat before that you have hatch challenge and they should leave through gate if they can.

    killer can read the chat too

  • No they can't. Pre game chat is survivors only.

    Killer can only chat with survivors in custom game lobbies.

1 2 ›