Why are DC penalties disabled?

I just can't have a normal game as killer. I queue for 3 mins, get in a game for then play a 3v1.

Comments

  • I think a lot of people had issues with the game crashing from the new update, maybe it's because of that ?

  • @HugTheHag said:

    I think a lot of people had issues with the game crashing from the new update, maybe it's because of that ?

    It would be nice to know why, tho. I thought Devs said that they want to be more opened with people and that they'd tell us everything when they do something.

  • Now it works like it should for killers by the design. Survivors still should get penalized for leaving

  • @ZVom said:

    Now it works like it should for killers by the design. Survivors still should get penalized for leaving

    I just think penalties should disable after 10 mins in the match.

  • @Bot_Salvo88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3229896#Comment_3229896

    It would be nice to know why, tho. I thought Devs said that they want to be more opened with people and that they'd tell us everything when they do something.

    Honestly, at this point I think they might have tried to sneak the disabled DC penalties so that people getting disconnected could queue up again, and hopefully no one would notice and abuse it

    Which I wouldn't blame them for

    But also apparently didn't work if people are talking about it in the forums haha !

  • A lot of people were having technical issues that would crash the game or become unplayable, and it was on bhvr's end hence the map chooser has come back.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3229898#Comment_3229898

    Honestly, at this point I think they might have tried to sneak the disabled DC penalties so that people getting disconnected could queue up again, and hopefully no one would notice and abuse it

    Which I wouldn't blame them for

    But also apparently didn't work if people are talking about it in the forums haha !

    That's unlucky if it was their intention. But sooner or later people will notice it.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    I think a lot of people had issues with the game crashing from the new update, maybe it's because of that ?

    There’s also some reports that maybe hackers found a way to disconnect other players. Last time that happened they turned DC penalties off until it was patched (which sucked because the DCs spiked as you might expect.)

  • Everyone dodging nurses now

  • Ive had a lot of matches between yesterday and today where the killer DCs as soon as the last gen is completed.

  • I am sure that the devs are aware of it and they will turn it back on after the hotfix, which should come out this Tuesday.

  • @get_barted said:

    Ive had a lot of matches between yesterday and today where the killer DCs as soon as the last gen is completed.

    That sounds like killers doing that for ages now lol. I even had killer that DCed during EGC before DC penalties were disabled.

  • Until they can finally fix the "disconnected from host" error where it gives you a penalty even though your network connection is completely fine

    The penalty needs to be temporarily disabled

  • Played a bunch of games tonight and zero DCs. I was expecting them after reading earlier about the penalty being off, but I'm glad everyone saw their games through at least