Bhvr I have a question
why is the dredge so loud when hes moving normally? it makes his nightfall undetectable kinda pointless because survivors can hear him before he even gets in their fov. survivors also can hear him moving from behind a wall. why is this and are there any plans on lowering his movement sound?
Comments
I think it's more pressure that way, because you hear him coming but you don't know from where and end up trying to hide just in front of him or accidentally running into his claw.
his sound is directional though
It’s not pointless. In fact the screen is so dark, I literally cannot see anything. So I don’t think he needs to be completely silent as well.
From what I’ve heard, PC players just adjust the lighting so they don’t have to suffer, blindly through the darkness…but others of us, are not so fortunate.
That is the reason his ambient sound is so loud. He'd be nearly impossible to detect until he was right on top of you otherwise.
I think all stealth killers have some sort of tell that they are near like Wraith's heavy wheezing to Myers/Pig's breathing. Even Ghostface has a sound that reminds me of a cape flowing in the wind. Even with Plaything you can hear things like Legion's breaths or the sounds Pyramidhead makes when they are near.
That means nothing to me as I don't play with ear/headphones.
I like Dredge's design but going against him feels a bit miserable since I always run into deadzones during nightfall.
So you're blind and then you sound also be deaf? How are you supposed to play around him then? I literally can't see anything and indoor maps are worse.
I like the fact that for stealth killers you have to rely on your other senses and atm the only senses we can utilize is just eyesight and hearing.
How are others not as fortunate? You can adjust your TV's brightness, contrast, etc. You can adjust a monitors settings. The people who at one time might have been screwed were people playing on laptops, where said settings aren't so easily changed, depending on the laptop. Now we have NVidia Filters/Freestyle. There are some maps that are simply too dark for my monitor and my eyes. Not everyone has the same visual acuity, so it's likely allowed as an accessibility option.
Yes. When the match starts and I see it’’s Dredge, I’m going to go into my tv settings and try to adjust my settings to what I think will be good enough to conquer the darkness. And then I’ll just pop right back into the game, unharmed im sure, sounds ideal.
So I said what I said.
Okay. Dead By Daylight supports N'Vidia Freestyle or Filters, whatever you want to call it. The devs decided to allow it; if they didn't like it, they could block it. Right now, the only reason why people have some issues getting the filters to work is because of a bug in the game. So, I don't think it's going anywhere. It shouldn't, as some people have better visual acuity than others. I respect your opinion, but keep in mind that it's an accessibility issue for some.
but why is it so loud even out of nightfall? it makes mind games hard due to survivors hearing him through the wall