Hellraiser (2022)

To my fellow Hellraiser fans, and fans of Pinhead and the Cenobites:

The new Hellraiser on HULU is worth the watch and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. I reccomend.

I know it is likely complicated and would be a bit of a reach, but it would be so cool if we got new cosmetics from this movie.


What do you all think? Did you like it? Will you watch it?

Comments

  • I loved the design of the cenobites and thought it looked great. Basically everything to do with the cenobites I really enjoyed. There were some really creepy scenes and gore throughout.

    I did not care for the plot or the characters after the first half hour or so tbh.

    I'd love to see some new skins based on this!

  • oh my gosh the new cenobites would looks so good inside the game's engine.

  • I loved it. I posted my thoughts on it in Off-Topic. I watched it the day it came out cause I was so excited for it and the movie did not disappoint

    @tippy2k2 said:

    I wanted Hellraiser (2022) to be good. I pleaded for it to be good. I got into the movies late but I was a huge fan of Hellraiser 1 and 2. Just wanted to get another good movie out of the series since everything I've heard is that basically 1 & 2 and the only things worth watching. And the movie absolutely nailed it

    Hellraiser was excellent. It actually reminds me of the Candyman remake where it's kind of a detective movie as the main character tries to figure out what the hell is going on and kind of accidentally leaves a path of destruction behind her as she doesn't understand what she is doing. So there's a good chunk more killing and deaths in this movie than there were in the original movies. I also really like that The Leviathan Cube played a much bigger role in this movie as it was almost it's own character where in the first one it was just a box used to bring The Cenobites around. This movie was everything I wanted and I'd strongly recommend it.

    I am so happy that this movie turned out so damn good and if you enjoyed the original movies, do yourself a favor and hop onto The Hulu and give it a watch.


  • @Blue_Archer33 said:

    To my fellow Hellraiser fans, and fans of Pinhead and the Cenobites:

    The new Hellraiser on HULU is worth the watch and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. I reccomend.

    I know it is likely complicated and would be a bit of a reach, but it would be so cool if we got new cosmetics from this movie.

    What do you all think? Did you like it? Will you watch it?

    I am so for this <3

  • Another Hulu produced sequel that was an unexpectedly great revival of a tired franchise and should have gotten a theatrical release (Prey earlier this year is another).

  • The movie has so much positive reviews, I'll definitely watch it.

  • Yes!! I'm a hardcore fan of the originals as well as Clive Barker's Hellbound Heart novella and the Hellraiser comics. I absolutely love this new film!!

  • I think the cenobite design was good, but they didn't seem as menacing. Main character was super annoying. Characters in general I didn't really care much for.

    Too many wide/distant shots especially of cenobites, lacked claustrophobic feeling of the first two films. Too much box CGI. And sadly the actress playing Hell Priest had none of the screen presence of Doug Bradley.

    I would consider a skin but the voice lines would need to be redone. I hated the generic "demon" processing on her voice. I'd prefer the female cenobite skin from Hellraiser II.

  • i watched the Interview with Cote and i thought it was clear there would be no new skin for pinhead.

    If what "The king" said is right the possibility for more Hellraiser skins is a "no"

  • I've been avoiding it incase it sucks. Seems like that might not be the case?

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    I've been avoiding it incase it sucks. Seems like that might not be the case?

    It doesn't suck, but I wouldn't have too high expectation either.

  • I hope they also release these movies "normal".

    A lot of interesting ones are scattered on too many different streaming platforms.