Survivors only say gg when they win?

I was playing Clown and there was a lot of ggs, especially when I got 0k. I switch to Plague then 4k 20 matches in a row and not a single gg. Very strange.

Comments

  • Nah, I just killed a swf group and two of them said GG to me, because I didn't tunnel/camp blablabla (it might be because I have the last one hatch)

  • I'm on xbox so no endagme chat for me 🙁 but i usually gg the other player in DMs if they're another xbox player.

  • I always say gg when the game is fun. No matter if I survive or not.

  • I say gg moreso when I lose than win, but it's done with the intent to praise specific plays, than just a generalised comment. I'd prefer it to mean something.

  • @fake said:

    I'm on a console so there is almost no chat about results, only very rare in DMs. (Most of them are a bit of a terrible rant lol).

    But it is nice to get a message from a gentleman player who explains what kind of playing is GG, not just saying GG.

    "That gap attack is awesome!"

    "That good feint fooled me!

    "I didn't think there was a trap in that spot!"

    Whether it's a survivor or a killer, when a GG comes along with a sentence like these, it makes me feel a little better, even if I lost.

    I wish it were more like that, but most of the time the accompanying sentence is "EEEEEZZZZZZZZZ", "Camping and tunneling is forbidden by law", "You are out of manners and I reported you", or "Quit the game". A bit sad.

    I play on console, as well, and I will usually take the time to DM a "gg wp" to the opposing side, killer or survivor. I just think it's good sportsmanship, something this community seriously lacks.

    I did give a more extensive response to an opponent last night. I'd taken four brutal losses in a row as killer, and as the next game got underway, it looked like it was going be a fifth L. So I hard camped my first hooked survivor to death, then went about my business finishing off the rest of the team. The camped player sent me a slightly salty message asking why I did that, so I told him the truth: I noticed he was a skilled player (and he was), and realized that if I didn't run him out of the game immediately, I was going to get creamed again. Apparently, it made him feel pretty good that I thought he was a significant threat. Suddenly, he wasn't salty anymore, and we shared ggs.

    It's amazing what good manners can accomplish.

  • I usually say gg but... If I die early why would I stick around to say gg to the killer? I'd be in another game by the time the match ends.

  • I say gg when I lose if I'm able to. I'm on PSN so I can't always say gg if I'm up against non PSN players.

  • If i can send messages at all cos I'm on xbox, I always say gg to the killer. And if I can message the other survivors I send " Let's go" if we escape. And even if i dont escape and they do. If we all lose i send BLNT. When lm killer if I lose I send gg if I can but if I win as killer I don't say anything now because survivors think it's bragging

  • i main surv and yea, mostly only say ggs when I win or get a good chase. Basically only if I had fun.

  • I say gg when i have fun, doesnt matter if i escape or die as long as it's fun,, but yeah from my own killer games they mostly say gg when they escape

1 2 ›