Why The Limited Halloween Skins?

I thought that outfits were not going to be exclusive anymore? I’m really confused on this whole limited outfits deal. I know many others have addressed this concern as well.

But yeah I also think it’s ridiculous to limit an original character outfit. I mean I thought again every original outfit would be easier to get with shards. I say that cause here is a tweet about getting certain original outfits by buying them with shards at a later date.

What I’m trying to say is that even though I was going to spend some money anyway during this event. I was planning to only buy Ghostface’s Tomb. I would have prefer to had the option to buy the outfits at a later date. I just didn’t want to spend more than I wanted to buy.

92CA4C38-77F5-4BF9-B372-272A7A9BB173.png 19A22268-2A57-4D39-A0E7-B785DEC50181.png


https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1569702463309074434?s=46&t=lLtoBYgk9lLPgX8ta2AUuQ


Comments

  • Yeah this is dumb. Hopefully they come back every halloween or this is very predatory. FOMO!

  • I'm sorry but this is the truth:

    BHVR doesn't care how you feel (ironically)

    If this makes more money than other cosmetics they will keep doing it.

    Then you will see licensed limited time cosmetics.

    It's just business.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    Yeah this is dumb. Hopefully they come back every halloween or this is very predatory. FOMO!

    Yeah, hopefully they will come back after the amount feedback about them.

  • It's sneaky, isn't it? They tell us every new cosmetic will be available with shards after a month, and promptly ram stuff through the loophole by releasing cosmetics that don't stay long enough in the store to be purchasable with shards.

    I'd rather have outfits arbitrarily be cells-only than have outfits arbitrarily be cells-only and vanish after three weeks. But I get the impression this is happening regardless of what anybody wants.

    I would like to hear an official statement about walking back the no exclusives thing, since they've made a lot of noise on this in the past, including unlocking past in-game and irl event items, and this was also the stated reason why we couldn't get prestige outfits in the recent prestige overhaul.

  • @OrangeBear said:

    I'm sorry but this is the truth:

    BHVR doesn't care how you feel (ironically)

    If this makes more money than other cosmetics they will keep doing it.

    Then you will see licensed limited time cosmetics.

    It's just business.

    Oh I know they don’t and so do a lot of other businesses. I also know it’s how they get a ton more money by limiting everything. I also know they do all that on purpose. But it would be nice if companies were a little honest. But again I doubt they ever will. Like you said they will change their minds but we will see.

  • @Laluzi said:

    It's sneaky, isn't it? They tell us every new cosmetic will be available with shards after a month, and promptly ram stuff through the loophole by releasing cosmetics that don't stay long enough in the store to be purchasable with shards.

    I'd rather have outfits arbitrarily be cells-only than have outfits arbitrarily be cells-only and vanish after three weeks. But I get the impression this is happening regardless of what anybody wants.

    I would like to hear an official statement about walking back the no exclusives thing, since they've made a lot of noise on this in the past, including unlocking past in-game and irl event items, and this was also the stated reason why we couldn't get prestige outfits in the recent prestige overhaul.

    Yeah I agree it’s definitely shady for sure. But yeah I would also love an official statement on the situation. I don’t know when that will happen but maybe they will say something hopefully here soon.

    I would also like if the outfits were cell only while also staying in the store too. Like you said whenever we like it or not, they will disappear once the event ends. But yeah, hopefully bhvr changes their minds about these limited and exclusive items.

  • It's a tactic called FOMO. Fear of missing out. They are attempting to inject more players into the playerbase by dangling FOMO over the head of players who have left, or are on break. It is a very powerful tactic in marketing and business. We've had it to a small degree for a long time, honestly. Charms are almost always limited time, really. I'll never get that tiki charm from 2 years ago, for instance. I missed out on the SAW charms because I was just done with the game when that tome came out. But, most don't care much about charms.

  • Only a matter of time before the rift price goes up 😳 Gone will be the days i can recycle my auric cells for an entire rift

  • Game is declining in playerbase. This is an attempt to bring people back, via threat of missing out on stuff.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    It's a tactic called FOMO. Fear of missing out. They are attempting to inject more players into the playerbase by dangling FOMO over the head of players who have left, or are on break. It is a very powerful tactic in marketing and business. We've had it to a small degree for a long time, honestly. Charms are almost always limited time, really. I'll never get that tiki charm from 2 years ago, for instance. I missed out on the SAW charms because I was just done with the game when that tome came out. But, most don't care much about charms.

    Oh I know they do that purpose but still a shady move. I mean I know companies do that to get more money. But yeah I also missed a lot on a lot of other stuff. But they also brought back a lot of past rift outfits. Even though it was a slow process but they still released them at a later date. But anyway maybe they will see the feedback and change their minds on the limited outfits but we will see what happens.

  • @rysm said:

    Only a matter of time before the rift price goes up 😳 Gone will be the days i can recycle my auric cells for an entire rift

    Yeah I can see that happening. Even though no one wants that like you said. But hopefully they won’t resort to that and change their minds on this whole situation. But we will see I guess.

  • I want to be the dwight mummy and sit in a locker and pretend it's a sarcophagus :)

  • Eh, it's whatever. It makes sense the skins are only available since they are specifically halloween. Maybe we'll see em next year, maybe not.

  • Because money is their top priority like any greedy business. I bet these limited exclusives are sets, too, which means you have to pay full price

    @rysm said:

    Only a matter of time before the rift price goes up 😳 Gone will be the days i can recycle my auric cells for an entire rift

    At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they actually did.

  • @rysm said:

    Only a matter of time before the rift price goes up 😳 Gone will be the days i can recycle my auric cells for an entire rift

    That's the day I stop playing the rift and buying the premium track, I don't care how good the rewards are.

  • @Aurelle said:

    Because money is their top priority like any greedy business. I bet these limited exclusives are sets, too, which means you have to pay full price

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220283#Comment_3220283

    At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they actually did.

    Money is the top priority of any for profit business. Its not greedy for them to monetize their work. How they do it can be criticized, but its not greedy to want to make a profit from your work.

  • @Robotfangirl67 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220229#Comment_3220229

    Yeah I agree it’s definitely shady for sure. But yeah I would also love an official statement on the situation. I don’t know when that will happen but maybe they will say something hopefully here soon.

    I would also like if the outfits were cell only while also staying in the store too. Like you said whenever we like it or not, they will disappear once the event ends. But yeah, hopefully bhvr changes their minds about these limited and exclusive items.

    You know we won't hear anything that matters from them sadly. This just proves that they don't know their playerbase at all.

    Just because you allow them to be bought with Shards doesn't mean that's a good thing. I can't play much because of my work so weekends is all I have to spare and not much time at that. So I can't make the shards to even buy a outfit...heck it takes me months to get enough to buy a killer or survivor.

  • I get that there is money that need to be made.

    That's not just the right way to do it.

    Having some outfits being available only with Auria Cells was enough.

    Not this BS.