Not strictly accurate- survivors going really far out of their way to BM become weak links if you surprise them after ignoring them for a while, but by and large I really don't care when survivors BM.
The only thing I even think should be considered genuinely bad manners and not just being cheeky is when people hang around in the exit gates until nearly the end of the EGC just to teabag, and even then, I just go break some pallets of farm Deviousness with my power lol. It's really not that big of a deal.
Basically anything you can think of that constitutes BMing but usually:
Tea bagging after dropping or stunning you with a pallet.
Excessive flashlight clicking.
Locker or vault spamming.
most of the time, it is someone wanting attention for you to chase them, not even them bm'ing. It is what I'd do as a good survivor. So, it just tells me that their team is probably not as good. Go after them.
The "Laugh" option over the "don't care" option only because I do care. They gave me free pressure by slowing their chase instead of gaining distance. That was dumb of them to gift that to me. It might not actually make me laugh, and it could make me furrow my brow in confusion instead, and then get the quicker down. Then maybe I'd think "thanks for the free pressure" and continue my macro strategy. I might even extend the chase a little, making a couple of simple misplays on purpose to bait out more pallets for them to burn to tbag on the other side of. They just screwed over their teammates' and their own future thinking I'm the one losing. That is so great.
Exit gates I just alt-tab until the match is over if there is no reason for me to play. If I am Twins with Victor against healthy or Deathslinger against injured, or have lategame perks like NOED/BW then maybe I'd try a play. Otherwise I'll just wait out the timer and let them get random bones or Glyphs or whatever tome they might need to help cap their BP. I would do the same myself cleaning up the map of breakable walls or pallets that I didn't have a chance or need to kick if I knew there were some remaining.
Edit: I do punish BM with BM if the Survivor is intentionally BMing another Survivor. If I see Mikaela bodyblock the Felix and block his vault on purpose, then after I hook Felix I seek out the Mikaela and play as legally scummy as I can. Facecamping, hard tunneling off of hook, whatever that would annoy the sandbagging Surv legally I do. I play soloq more than I play with friends when playing Surv, and stupid/malicious teammates are my most hated thing in this game. Now to be fair very rarely do I come across full blown stupidity that looks like intentional sandbagging, but I have no doubt I have unintentionally punished a clueless Survivor as well as the clearly guilty. I usually give people multiple chances in case it was a legit accident the 1st time.
Why is there no option "I praise heavens for bringing me t-baggers/flashlight clickers"? T-baggers always lose precious time, when they could gain distance. Flashlight clickers are free "infectious fright", they always tell where they are, from which direction and that they don't do gens. And many times t-baggers wrote gg and wp in endgame chat.
The only BM-ing from survivors could come only in endgame chat, and as a killer I got less than 10 of such cases (maybe because I dont play like a scumbag, because it doesn't work on stronger teams and would be the same as confession of my incompetence).
When killer do hookslaps, he doesn't get anything besides losing time and showing that he's angry (aka weak). Never hookslapped a single survivor in my life, and nod only to last survivor to show that I'm letting him go (usually pick him to let him wiggle out)
It depends, but if you're just trying to be annoying or trying to draw my focus, I ignore you. I feel kind of bad sometimes, because everyone else dies while their teammate spams the lockers instead of helping, but...
I do usually give the benefit of the doubt (a single or double click of a flashlight or nodding/"come over here" after a pallet stun), but if it is either obvious or a constant pattern, I no longer worry about niceties. If I get a 1K because I only get someone who BMs me the whole game, I count that as a win personally.
To be honest I normally shrug it off and wait for the salt after the game, but occasionally I will let them fix all the gens then take the toxic fella out and let the others go.
I'll preface this by saying I really don't see BM'ing survivors very often, so they're a bit of an oddity in my games.
Most times, I answer by being playful. If they teabag after stunning me, I'll headbang with them. That way, they're not laughing at me, we're laughing together. It's dumb, but it makes me feel better. And most times, it actually works. I don't know if it's because they realize I'm chill, or if it's because it's not enjoyable if it does not visibly bother me, but they almost always stop trying to tilt me.
The rare times it does not work, then I'll just ignore it for the rest of the game =)
I normally only care when I'm planning to let them live, and then they stsrt blinding me, so I focus on killing them and then let the rest live as planned
Need another option. I play out the game normally but clip the BM, then file both an in-game report and an online report for unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the game with a video of whatever they were doing. It doesn't particularly bother me that people are sometimes total jerks, but it can really bother some folks and ruin their experience in the game, so I think it's valuable to report BM.
My response wouldve been more along the lines of, "I take advantage of it"
More often than not, the ones who bm at pallets will get caught and be downed at one, you just have to know whether their team is pounding out gens. Its all the more special when they dc after you down them because you executed your attack right before the stun would affect you.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Not strictly accurate- survivors going really far out of their way to BM become weak links if you surprise them after ignoring them for a while, but by and large I really don't care when survivors BM.
The only thing I even think should be considered genuinely bad manners and not just being cheeky is when people hang around in the exit gates until nearly the end of the EGC just to teabag, and even then, I just go break some pallets of farm Deviousness with my power lol. It's really not that big of a deal.
Drain the last bit of stalk they give me.
most of the time, it is someone wanting attention for you to chase them, not even them bm'ing. It is what I'd do as a good survivor. So, it just tells me that their team is probably not as good. Go after them.
The "Laugh" option over the "don't care" option only because I do care. They gave me free pressure by slowing their chase instead of gaining distance. That was dumb of them to gift that to me. It might not actually make me laugh, and it could make me furrow my brow in confusion instead, and then get the quicker down. Then maybe I'd think "thanks for the free pressure" and continue my macro strategy. I might even extend the chase a little, making a couple of simple misplays on purpose to bait out more pallets for them to burn to tbag on the other side of. They just screwed over their teammates' and their own future thinking I'm the one losing. That is so great.
Exit gates I just alt-tab until the match is over if there is no reason for me to play. If I am Twins with Victor against healthy or Deathslinger against injured, or have lategame perks like NOED/BW then maybe I'd try a play. Otherwise I'll just wait out the timer and let them get random bones or Glyphs or whatever tome they might need to help cap their BP. I would do the same myself cleaning up the map of breakable walls or pallets that I didn't have a chance or need to kick if I knew there were some remaining.
Edit: I do punish BM with BM if the Survivor is intentionally BMing another Survivor. If I see Mikaela bodyblock the Felix and block his vault on purpose, then after I hook Felix I seek out the Mikaela and play as legally scummy as I can. Facecamping, hard tunneling off of hook, whatever that would annoy the sandbagging Surv legally I do. I play soloq more than I play with friends when playing Surv, and stupid/malicious teammates are my most hated thing in this game. Now to be fair very rarely do I come across full blown stupidity that looks like intentional sandbagging, but I have no doubt I have unintentionally punished a clueless Survivor as well as the clearly guilty. I usually give people multiple chances in case it was a legit accident the 1st time.
I just ignore them and go after their teammates
Why is there no option "I praise heavens for bringing me t-baggers/flashlight clickers"? T-baggers always lose precious time, when they could gain distance. Flashlight clickers are free "infectious fright", they always tell where they are, from which direction and that they don't do gens. And many times t-baggers wrote gg and wp in endgame chat.
The only BM-ing from survivors could come only in endgame chat, and as a killer I got less than 10 of such cases (maybe because I dont play like a scumbag, because it doesn't work on stronger teams and would be the same as confession of my incompetence).
When killer do hookslaps, he doesn't get anything besides losing time and showing that he's angry (aka weak). Never hookslapped a single survivor in my life, and nod only to last survivor to show that I'm letting him go (usually pick him to let him wiggle out)
It depends, but if you're just trying to be annoying or trying to draw my focus, I ignore you. I feel kind of bad sometimes, because everyone else dies while their teammate spams the lockers instead of helping, but...
I do usually give the benefit of the doubt (a single or double click of a flashlight or nodding/"come over here" after a pallet stun), but if it is either obvious or a constant pattern, I no longer worry about niceties. If I get a 1K because I only get someone who BMs me the whole game, I count that as a win personally.
I only start laughing when the BM gets them killed or they DC at 5 gens.
To be honest I normally shrug it off and wait for the salt after the game, but occasionally I will let them fix all the gens then take the toxic fella out and let the others go.
I play nice until they BM then all bets are off.
⬜️ I let it affect me and end up whiffing more often.
If I mess up first and then they BM, I ignore it. But if they BM me and then I start messing up, I take it personal and it just gets worse
I fight fire with fire. If they wanna bm, I will do it back at them. Same with nice survivors, if they're nice, im nice
I'll preface this by saying I really don't see BM'ing survivors very often, so they're a bit of an oddity in my games.
Most times, I answer by being playful. If they teabag after stunning me, I'll headbang with them. That way, they're not laughing at me, we're laughing together. It's dumb, but it makes me feel better. And most times, it actually works. I don't know if it's because they realize I'm chill, or if it's because it's not enjoyable if it does not visibly bother me, but they almost always stop trying to tilt me.
The rare times it does not work, then I'll just ignore it for the rest of the game =)
I normally only care when I'm planning to let them live, and then they stsrt blinding me, so I focus on killing them and then let the rest live as planned
Need another option. I play out the game normally but clip the BM, then file both an in-game report and an online report for unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the game with a video of whatever they were doing. It doesn't particularly bother me that people are sometimes total jerks, but it can really bother some folks and ruin their experience in the game, so I think it's valuable to report BM.
i just see it as memeing
which is why is miss flashlight click spamming cause I found it funny af cause it sounded so glitchy
Tunneling and Camping are viable strategies for unruly children.
My response wouldve been more along the lines of, "I take advantage of it"
More often than not, the ones who bm at pallets will get caught and be downed at one, you just have to know whether their team is pounding out gens. Its all the more special when they dc after you down them because you executed your attack right before the stun would affect you.