Otzdarva's Game Stats

Hello,

I have compiled some statistics of Otzdarva's killer games here. I would appreciate feedback on improving the stats.

Otz’s Killer Games Summary of games from 1 Apr 2022 - 9 Sep 2022

Thanks.

Comments

  • @Dogma_loki said:

    Very impressive. I am a stat nerd so I appreciate your passion and the work involved in doing this.

    Thanks.

  • Hey guys, I have added 2 more slides to the presentation (11 and 12). Hope you guys like it.

  • @GroovyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3206081#Comment_3206081

    Just think about how bad the average player is. Otz is definitely above average, as the numbers show, but his stats are not impressive when others go on 100-200 game win streaks with mid-tier killers (which would be over 99% win rate). There are people who are just way better. If you play variety killer and can get 175 wins in a row with nemesis and then go on a 100 game win streak with legion then do 200 games with Bubba under the current mmr, I would say that's top class. People just watch popular streamers like Otz and don't understand there are levels to this.

    Who are the people doing this? Where I can I find them?

    Otz isn't the best killer I've seen, but I am not seeing anyone do what you are describing other than absolutely cracked Nurse mains.

  • Otz could do 90%+ win rate if he wanted to sweat. He plays nice and routinely uses suboptimal builds for content. There are killers like Knightlight who show how strong killer is when played by a good player who doesn't care about being nice. What the Otz stats show is the idea that you need to tunnel and camp is nonsense. Other prolific killers like Scott would agree with this. "I need to tunnel" is just copium that mediocre killers use to justify their playstyle to themselves.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3206192#Comment_3206192

    Who are the people doing this? Where I can I find them?

    Otz isn't the best killer I've seen, but I am not seeing anyone do what you are describing other than absolutely cracked Nurse mains.

    D3ad Plays did a 100+ streak with Nemesis in the MMR era so maybe that's what he's referring to. Not sure where the streak ended or if it's still ongoing. Not sure about the other.

  • @I_CAME said:

    Otz could do 90%+ win rate if he wanted to sweat. He plays nice and routinely uses suboptimal builds for content. There are killers like Knightlight who show how strong killer is when played by a good player who doesn't care about being nice. What the Otz stats show is the idea that you need to tunnel and camp is nonsense. Other prolific killers like Scott would agree with this. "I need to tunnel" is just copium that mediocre killers use to justify their playstyle to themselves.

    Tunneling isn't necessary, it just makes things easier. I don't do it, but I know if I did, my "win" rate would spike.

    That said, I think if you wanted to pursue a killstreak at good+ MMR, tunneling at points would be necessary, but that's not my mindset. I usually don't care if I 3K or 4K, it's just not that important to me.

    And there's a difference between "there's two gens left and I only have like four hooks, I need to get someone out" and just tunneling the first down out every time, which is super lame and the mark of an insecure but sweaty killer.

    But yeah, most people with enough experience could carry a 90%+ win rate if they were just sweaty af all the time. There are definitely streamers out there that play that way, and it just seems lame to me. Otz likes to win, but most of the time he plays a pretty considerate and "nice" style.

    As for streaking, there are definitely really good killers out there (D3AD is certainly one of them), but even if you carry a 90%+ win rate, you're going to run into death squads enough that long streaks are highly unlikely for even the best killers on earth. At top level, really good SWFs are definitely the strongest thing out there.

  • @dugman said:

    Cool stats. Otz’s stats look a little similar to mine in some ways. His kill rate is a bit higher (I’m running about 70%, he’s 76%), which makes me feel like maybe I’m higher MMR than I thought. 🤷‍♂️ Also his top killers including Doctor and Sadako and Freddy line up with mine. I think that might be because they’re basic chase killers so don’t need as much regular practice to be good with them compared to, say, Nurse or Huntress, for example.

    Also this lines up with my own experience for the new RPD maps being pretty killer friendly and corn maps being not so killer friendly.

    Thanks for putting in the work on this, it’s interesting. 🙂

    Im actually quite certain that the top killers are more like that due to them having a playstyle that focusses on not chasing survivors much. You'd be surprised how quickly killrates increase if you stop a chase after injuring a survivor. Because either they heal up, keeping 2 survivors busy at the same time, or they dont heal up and you can down them when you catch them off-guard.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3206192#Comment_3206192

    Who are the people doing this? Where I can I find them?

    Otz isn't the best killer I've seen, but I am not seeing anyone do what you are describing other than absolutely cracked Nurse mains.

    Pro Vengeance went on an 800+ game win streak with variety killer. Last time I was watching him, he was trying a nemesis streak. Looks like he lost it at game 188. He is at 112 wins in a row with leatherface right now. Looks like he went on a 109 game win streak with Wesker when Otz was struggling to reach 30.


    I've played less than 2 years and am not as good as many people. I know there are TONS of people a lot better than me. But I've won 109 out of the last 115 (vs non-cheaters) using low and mid-tier killers (95%). So it seems really odd when everyone thinks 76% is super good. It's not.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211217#Comment_3211217

    Tunneling isn't necessary, it just makes things easier. I don't do it, but I know if I did, my "win" rate would spike.

    That said, I think if you wanted to pursue a killstreak at good+ MMR, tunneling at points would be necessary, but that's not my mindset. I usually don't care if I 3K or 4K, it's just not that important to me.

    And there's a difference between "there's two gens left and I only have like four hooks, I need to get someone out" and just tunneling the first down out every time, which is super lame and the mark of an insecure but sweaty killer.

    But yeah, most people with enough experience could carry a 90%+ win rate if they were just sweaty af all the time. There are definitely streamers out there that play that way, and it just seems lame to me. Otz likes to win, but most of the time he plays a pretty considerate and "nice" style.

    As for streaking, there are definitely really good killers out there (D3AD is certainly one of them), but even if you carry a 90%+ win rate, you're going to run into death squads enough that long streaks are highly unlikely for even the best killers on earth. At top level, really good SWFs are definitely the strongest thing out there.

    I agree, tunneling "for the win" can increase your winrate, but is super boring to watch as it results in stomps more often than not.

  • Love the data. Question, what do you think caused the win rate drop from 6.1 - 6.2?

    I wish bhvr would allow swf indicators in end game screen so that can also be tracked and mapped up with data like this.

  • @The_C12H15NO2 said:

    Love the data. Question, what do you think caused the win rate drop from 6.1 - 6.2?

    I wish bhvr would allow swf indicators in end game screen so that can also be tracked and mapped up with data like this.

    Patch 6.2 only had about 110 games on record when I made the presentation, and some of these were Otz doing a perkless all killer challenge; hence a few losses caused the win rate to drop. Since then upto mid-September, it has gone back up to 73% and I think it will increase even more up to his average as I track more data in 6.2 patch.


    Yeah, It would be interesting to see his win rates against 2-man, 3-man and 4-man SWFs and compare them to his averages or win rates against solo queue players.

1 2 ›