Those who take a break from DBD Game??
Why did you take the hiatus from game?
I have never taken one and thinking i should cause those auric cell packs creating so much internal vomit.
I just don't like ridiculous 200 hour grinds and microtransaction paywalls (In General) that have unfair market standard prices.
Comments
They are cosmetics and you don't need to buy them.
Most games don't even allow people to grind for cosmetics, cash only.
+1
The game is broken, devs don't give a ######### about it and even worse about the players. Pretty much we took your money when you purchased the game now go play civilization.
1) Toxicity
2) Game issues (balance, bugs, etc)
3) Other games
This sums it up a lot for me, as well.
I took a break after beta because the game genuinely sucked. I wanted to play killer and this game was just terrible...one of the most frustrating and worst gaming experiences ever (hell...Evolution was better!)
Came back after little while ...And I have been playing it ever since...more and more as time goes by.
I love the learning curve. I love the "factions" (even on the forums).
It just gets better and better! The player base is horribly toxic but that actually makes it more fun somehow!
College stuff keeps getting in the way of my gaming. The only distraction I can have is this forum, because at least that I can drop at a moment's notice. Also looping.
I took a break of this game because of the ######### lobby waiting time, and was about to come back to this update until I saw how they ######### everything up so im gonna wait a couple weeks.
I did the same some months ago, with the clown update but because I was getting bored of the game,and when i came back everything felt so fresh and entertaining. Hopefully i will get the same feeling after this break
Had a game where I admittedly tilted and ended up with a 2k near 3k and the last teo wouldn't leave. We were on opposite sides of the map, went over to the exit gate annnnnd flashlight spams and teabagging. Pushed em out (too far in/dead hearts) but it's like....Ilike....I can't report them as I'm on console, useless feature...so when you get these kind of groups constantly...jconstantly...just kills the fun for mw.
Few will agree, but if your spamming crouch, wish it give you a penalty or debuff. Can't stand that typw of behaviour
With killer you get balance issues and extremely toxic swf
So...swf is the only way to enjoy this game sometimes
You need around 1334 games to level one character...so you can start experiment and enjoy the game on a different level.
I can play save with the killer and farm BP or hold m1 sim with survivor.
Most of the time I'm getting now one of the following games, either I just do my stuff and farm points or a super toxic swf group destroys me with almost no counterplay.
So it's rather unfun or frustrating.
Now and then I get motivated to try again, only to be reminded why I left.
I love the game idea and would love to play more, but with every patch and every dev stream it becomes clearer to me, that the game is going a direction I am not willing to follow.
What's the point of a ranking if only nurse and hillbilly are viable on higher levels?
The devs themselves stated. If you want to climb and win, play nurse and hillbilly. They are not interested in a balanced killer roster, they just throw in, what they think is fun, regardless what's really happening everyday within the game.
The role of the killer becomes more and more the role of an entertainer and partyclown and the survivor play feels more like a catch and m1 simulator than actually a struggle to survive.
I love competitive games, where I can outplay and show off my skill within a game. Even if I lose against aomeone truly better I would then not get frustrated or toxic, the contrary, I am getting motivated and inspired to better myself. But within this game my options are limited and from the game mechanic there is not a lot I could do.
I cannot outplay a DS, SB, Unbreakable, hatch standoffs, new flashlight-pickup interaction, Breakdown, Hex totem placement and mechanic (it's so fun if your totems gets broken before you go even can reach it at the start of the game).
I will come back every now and then, because of the amazing community and potential I see within the game. Hope is the last thing that dies.
Best luck in the fog!
Cymer
As a console player I personally would switch 1 and 2 around and that is exactly why I left DBD. I only really join for events, if at all.
Exactly all games in similiar genre are like drugs that give me an amazing horror high. Think only way to quit dbd heroine is to find another brand of heroine xD
I'm taking a break for a while this month, Overwatch has go their Winter event going on right now so I'll have fun with that. I'm planning on taking another break when Last Year comes to console. I might get Deathgarden but from everything I've heard from it I don't know if I want to spend my money on it
I like to do other things and don't want games to stop me from doing them.