Survival- and Killrate

You gave us some new stats a few days ago and while some of them looked quite nice (shorter q-times), others were worrysome.

One of these stats are the kill and survival rates. How can a game be balanced when you die 69% of matches when it was clearly said that 2 KILLS (=50%) are considered balanced by the Devs?

I started a stat experiment myself, playing SoloQ, SWF (2-4man) and Killer. My goal is to play 50 matches each. And while I'm only half way done there is already a trend which I don't like at all.

The data was collected in EU central. Survivor matches were during afternoon/evening, Killer matches late evening/night (not surprisingly the kill rates are a LOT higher than normal). I did not always slug for a 4k. Matches where someone DCed early or we farmed were omitted. I tried to use the same build everytime. All rates are shown in %.

Definition of Tunneling: Ignoring all other survivors to kill a recently unhooked Survivor.

After 20-25 matches in each role I got the following results:

SoloQ:

  • average # Gens left: 0.9370
  • escape rate: 31.25
  • kill rate: 62.5
  • tunneling: 31.73
  • of matches I died: 51.68

SWF:

  • average # gens left: 0.4545
  • escape rate: 40.90
  • kill rate: 50.0
  • tunneling: 36.36
  • of matches I died: 48.53

Killer:

  • average # gens left: 1.35
  • kill rate: 77.94
  • kill rate (Wesker only): 84.62
  • kill rate (no Wesker): 56.25
  • tunneling: 11.76


It is no surprise that MM incentives are on survivor 99% of all times. This is not balanced at all. And with this in mind: How do you think my MMR will look like in a few weeks? I will play with/vs new players soon, because apparently I'm just bad at the game when I get tunneled out or camped to death while my team survives!

Some changes with 6.1.0 were GOOD, but some others were over the top.

I propose:

  • remove the reduction of the sprintboost after a hit
  • remove the hit cooldown
  • give DS a 4s stun
  • fix maps so that there is a better distribution of pallets (especially the coding error with the new MacMillan 2xWindow tiles)
  • fix maps with too many pallets (e.g. The Game, Eyrie of Crows, Garden of Joy) and add maybe a handful of windows
  • fix map size, since no map should be as large as Shelter Woods, Eyrie, or Red Forrest
  • add a "no-power circle" around a hooked survivor. At least for the ez camping killers (e.g. Bubba, Billy, Huntress, Slinger, Trickster)
  • make hook grabs on HEALTHY survivors impossible


PS: I will update this post once my data is complete.

Comments

  • The 69% die rate is because in 7 out of 10 matches 1 mate die on first hook in the first 2min and game is over after that. I even think some survivors do that on purpose just do lower these numbers in order to get survivors some buffs they dont really need. Best example was the 10sec base kit bt... Main survivors are just build differnt haha

  • Survivors are normally going to have the incentive mainly because it takes 4 survivors to play a match and only one killer. So you need four times as many survivors in queue as killers for the queue to be exactly balanced out. But unless survivor is way more popular than killer for some reason that isn’t usually going to happen.

  • @Marius1234456918 said:

    The 69% die rate is because in 7 out of 10 matches 1 mate die on first hook in the first 2min and game is over after that. I even think some survivors do that on purpose just do lower these numbers in order to get survivors some buffs they dont really need. Best example was the 10sec base kit bt... Main survivors are just build differnt haha

    I omitted these matches too, because they influence the data too much. That's also why I don't play soloq after 9pm anymore. Not worth the pain.

    Maybe there are some people who do this, but imo the 10s BT was needed. It doesn't help that much, but something is better than nothing.

    @dugman said:

    Survivors are normally going to have the incentive mainly because it takes 4 survivors to play a match and only one killer. So you need four times as many survivors in queue as killers for the queue to be exactly balanced out. But unless survivor is way more popular than killer for some reason that isn’t usually going to happen.

    True, but usually there are more survivor players. Right before 6.1.0 you could play soloq or swf just fine at late hours, just with 10min queues whereas killer was instant. Some days after the update survivor q was short no matter the time of day.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195636#Comment_3195636

    I omitted these matches too, because they influence the data too much. That's also why I don't play soloq after 9pm anymore. Not worth the pain.

    Maybe there are some people who do this, but imo the 10s BT was needed. It doesn't help that much, but something is better than nothing.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195637#Comment_3195637

    True, but usually there are more survivor players. Right before 6.1.0 you could play soloq or swf just fine at late hours, just with 10min queues whereas killer was instant. Some days after the update survivor q was short no matter the time of day.

    I find your 9pm statement interesting, I tend to only play killer later at night, because thats when the queues even out out more and i find the matchmaking more accurate.

    If i play before then i tend to mostly get matched with more noobs and stomp fairly effortlessly.

    If I play later once queues even out a bit, especially as one of my more played killers, i typically find i go against much better survivors on average.

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195647#Comment_3195647

    I find your 9pm statement interesting, I tend to only play killer later at night, because thats when the queues even out out more and i find the matchmaking more accurate.

    If i play before then i tend to mostly get matched with more noobs and stomp fairly effortlessly.

    If I play later once queues even out a bit, especially as one of my more played killers, i typically find i go against much better survivors on average.

    for me it's the opposite. I only rarely play killer in the afternoon because queues are at least 5min whereas survivor is instant. and the matches are way more sweaty.

  • @Marius1234456918 said:

    The 69% die rate is because in 7 out of 10 matches 1 mate die on first hook in the first 2min and game is over after that. I even think some survivors do that on purpose just do lower these numbers in order to get survivors some buffs they dont really need. Best example was the 10sec base kit bt... Main survivors are just build differnt haha

    "I even think some survivors do that on purpose just do lower these numbers in order to get survivors some buffs they dont really need."

    For the first week or two after the patch survivors were throwing games like crazy regardless of which side I was playing.


    Also the "-2:40" time for killer queue is nothing short of a lie. Before the patch my queue times were instant. After the patch my queue times went up by an average of 3 minutes.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195636#Comment_3195636

    "I even think some survivors do that on purpose just do lower these numbers in order to get survivors some buffs they dont really need."

    For the first week or two after the patch survivors were throwing games like crazy regardless of which side I was playing.

    Also the "-2:40" time for killer queue is nothing short of a lie. Before the patch my queue times were instant. After the patch my queue times went up by an average of 3 minutes.

    About the queue times: My queues became instant for survivor at night (10min before). But the mates became worse.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195883#Comment_3195883

    About the queue times: My queues became instant for survivor at night (10min before). But the mates became worse.

    Survivor queue time is a little faster but again - my killer times basically increased by +3 minutes.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3196169#Comment_3196169

    Survivor queue time is a little faster but again - my killer times basically increased by +3 minutes.

    For me it's the same as before in the evening/night. And I usually don't play killer during the day since q is always longer then.