Do Chat Bans Exist in DbD?

Specifically, I am asking if you can be banned from the in-game chat while still being able to play in matches. I'm talking about the native in-game chat available only to PC gamers and not console communications bans.

@Pulsar vehemently claims they do exist, citing this tweet referencing the rules.

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1397989642385956873

If someone gets banned for hate speech or harassment, do they get a chat ban or a full-on game ban?

I don't think chat bans exist for the DbD client. I've never heard a whisper of actual DbD chat bans until I heard @Pulsar's spurious claim. Not from any official channel and not from searching the internet for people claiming to have been chat banned.

It's extremely hard (if not impossible) to prove a negative so I asking asking anyone to prove me wrong.

Do chat bans exist in DbD?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • chat bans.PNG

    If you say something racist, sexist, homophobic or threaten someone, you can get banned.

    Reading it back, my comment could be interpreted as, "Banning people from end-game chat" but how it's supposed to be read is, "People get banned because of end-game chat," or "...banning people from end-game chat offenses happens"

  • Yes. One of my friends has been banned multiple times across multiple accounts for chat offences.

    It begins as warnings, escalating into temporary bans, which escalates into a permanent ban.

    People can and are banned for what is said in end-game chat, provided it is reported and violates rules.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Ok I give up.

    No one seems to actually know.

    getting banned from the game for chat offenses =/= just having a chat ban while still being able to play the game

    I'm just wondering if the latter is possible. I wish it was as it would be a more elegant way of handling offensive chatters, but BHVR ain't elegant.

  • We do ban for chat offences as explained in the game rules that have already been linked...there are no chat bans however, these are full on game bans. For a first offence it's normally something like 24hrs (we do not give warnings), and these are on a sliding scale to a permanent ban. However, if something is severe one or more of these steps in escalation can be skipped.