The extraordinary amount of BM killers can inflict on survivors needs to be addressed.

Because it's made me not want to play the game anymore. I'm not even T-bagging or clicking killers in my games and I'm regularly getting bled out/hit on hook/camped simply for playing the game well. Like holy hell I'm sorry I didn't fall for your garbage mindgame that I've seen 1000 times before or got a pallet stun on you. Don't take it so personally.

Killers essentially being able to force a person to not be able to play the game for over half the length of time a lot of games last is unacceptable and makes for a regularly agonizing experience.


"But what about SWF/clicky/T-bag squads!" Yes, I agree BM on both sides needs to be addressed but in the case of survivors inflicting BM on a killer the worst case scenario is you get a 4 stack that knows how to abuse double locker setups. In this scenario you need a well coordinated group of 4 people and multiple of them need to not screw up the timing. Or hope that the killer isn't running lightborne.


Killers have the ability to BM in every single winning game that they play and it takes 0 effort to do so. 4k'ing a soloQ team, bleeding out and nodding at the one player that can actually play the game and didn't get 2 tapped in a chase is way more common of a scenario not even counting the other ridiculously boring crap like LF facecamping.

Comments

  • BM'ing, regardless of 'side', is just a frivolous annoyance - nothing more. Sure, it sucks to get your ass kicked by a 4-man SWF and watch them taunt you at the exit gate, but it's just a game and really not that big of a deal.

    I think we need to differentiate between general BM'ing (teabagging, flashlight clicking, nodding, etc.) and actual 'sweatiness' which really dampens the experience for the other player(s). A survivor who teabags a killer after pallet stunning them is not, in any shape or form, comparable to a killer who face-camps someone and denies them any further gameplay or BP's. One is just a petty gesture to try and berate the killer, whilst the other actually effects gameplay and denies the player of a fun or engaging experience.

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3203051#Comment_3203051

    I listed unique interactions for Killer and Survivor, and Killer has more unique interactions that can be used for BM. Killers and Survivors both can "taunt" in chase, so that isn't unique. I will say you seem to disagree with yourself when you say "We're not supposed to care about the other side's feelings..." then also claim in the same post claim clicky clicky tbag during chase is toxic.

    Comparing things you have to do to win - You don't have to camp or tunnel to win unless you are garbage at the game fullstop. I regularly win my games going for the ole 2 hook tango (2 hooks each Survivor) before I go for kills. Anyone claiming otherwise clearly lacks the skills required to win without using the easy way out by hard camping and tunneling.

    In the case of the 4 minute bleedout due to no hooks that is on the Survivor and it is their choice to distract the killer in the corner of the map instead of taking a hook. I was speaking to the intentional "average Nurse player gameplay" downing everyone and letting them bleed out when you know you can hook them. In the middle ground equation if it is the last Survivor who was slugged for some time now and Hatch is closed I can't quite blame either side. The Killer did the right thing in killing everyone else and once they closed Hatch the onus is on the Survivor to not wiggle if they want to not wait out the Bleedout. If the Survivor does wiggle and run back to the corner it is clear they chose their method of death.

    Also I never defended endgame chat being a sore winner. But I will defend now calling someone out for their BM. If you call someone a loser for BMing you are well within your rights, it just can't cross the line into the full on legitimate Harassment (dox/death threats) not only because it is wrong, but also because it is bannable. Edit: Also you can turn chat off and never look at it, so both sides have agency in never being insulted in the first place.

    Also to your final line about "calling people bullies who are just playing the game without any foul intentions." I would quote Dr. Julian Bashir.

    "Causing people to suffer because you hate them... is terrible. But causing people to suffer because you have forgotten how to care... that's really hard to understand."

    You don't have to tunnel or camp unless you're garbage? I'm done.

  • I play a lot of both sides, and the BM i get as killer pales to the BM I get as survivor. I receive BM from survs at a rate orders of magnitude greater than I receive from killers.

    I occasionally get nodded at, rarely get smacked on hook, and very rarely (like once a month) get intentionally* bled out. A myself and another surv got bled out the other night by a Doctor (with a very offensive handle), and that was the first time in ages.

    I get BM from survs in at least half of my killer games, and 80% of the time when someone escapes. While it does happen, killer BM is much rarer, imo.

    That said - when it does happen, being bled out is easily the most egregious of the in game forms of BM. But for me, it just doesn't happen often enough for me to be generally salty about it.


    *if I crawl off to Narnia and the killer can't find me, that's not really intentional.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3203541#Comment_3203541

    You don't have to tunnel or camp unless you're garbage? I'm done.

    Correct! You don't have to. You can choose to play on easy mode, don't worry when I only want to experience the story I pick the easy mode myself, but that doesn't mean you earned a victory by outskilling your opponents. It is just a cheesy way to pick up a "win". Similarly I rarely pick Nurse or Blight (outside of dailies or tomes) because there is no challenge in the victory. Getting a 4k/3k+Hatch as Trapper/Ghostie/Sadako(without basekit Mori cheese)/Dredge/Bubba(the non facecamping kind)/Billy/etc. is far more rewarding and proves my superiority over my opposition.

  • I get hit on the hook, head nodded and slugged just because i ran the killer for a long time. I dont see it as BM's, i find it quite sad and funny at the same time cause they got annoyed by me playing well.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/347035/the-extraordinary-amount-of-bm-killers-can-inflict-on-survivors-needs-to-be-addressed

    Ironic that you think I take the game seriously just because I face camp you, which I literally do for fun, all the while you rage about it on the internet and put up very defensive barriers to your communication. Seems legit.

    I do not care if you are good or not, you were going to get camped because you were the first down. Nothing personal, kid. A face camp God does not concern himself with your state of mind as he face camps you. Just enjoy the beating on hook, it is a privilege to be beaten by someone as adept at face camping as ThiccBuddha.

    You’re so edgy bro

  • @Cybil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192335#Comment_3192335

    I feel you with the hook smacking. I just think it's funny and sometimes in character. Unfortunately survivors tend to take it the wrong way. There is no room for killer to have fun sometimes.

    Apply that same logic to tbagging and flashlight clicking, do you see how that sounds? What about survivor fun? I’m sure clicky clicky and tbagging annoys you

1 2 ›