Boon Nerf

Boons are ridiculous as killer, I usually play survivor and I don't usually use boon totems but I had to play killer for a daily. I just went up against a SWF and all of them had boons, everytime I injured someone it's like they instantly healed and I keep putting them out just for them to be relit. With hex totems for killers, you only get one use out of it until it's broken. Why not just have the same for survivors, make it were survivors can only boon one totem per match or give the killer the ability to relight theirs. It doesn't make sense that Killers don't have a way of countering this.

Comments

  • Shadow step on maps like rpd can be annoying if you don't have time to snuff it.

    I wouldn't say coh is bad as it was but in hands of swf it can be useful sure like many other things.


    Personally, I wouldn't touch boons anymore. They can be good on some maps because of their vertical reach but it is not super crazy.

  • Why complain about nerfing something the second it becomes inconvenient for you in a SWF match? They're helpful as survivor right? Just leave them alone.

  • @Oneblacktophat said:

    Boons are ridiculous as killer, I usually play survivor and I don't usually use boon totems but I had to play killer for a daily. I just went up against a SWF and all of them had boons, everytime I injured someone it's like they instantly healed and I keep putting them out just for them to be relit. With hex totems for killers, you only get one use out of it until it's broken. Why not just have the same for survivors, make it were survivors can only boon one totem per match or give the killer the ability to relight theirs. It doesn't make sense that Killers don't have a way of countering this.

    Because there is a perk that lets you break boon totems it also takes 16-30 seconds just to boon a totem vs you snuffing them out in less than 2

  • Boons are okay in my opinion. I run into them more often when I play killer than when I play survivor, but they don't annoy me too much.

    Part of that is that I tend to play killers for whom healing doesn't make much of a difference (currently Legion and Ghostface), so I can see how it could be irritating for others.

    I don't think it warrants a nerf though. Most boons would be useless if they were only useable once.

  • @Jeromy137 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346997/boon-nerf

    Because there is a perk that lets you break boon totems it also takes 16-30 seconds just to boon a totem vs you snuffing them out in less than 2

    Sorry, but that perk is trash. It does nothing if there's no boons, neither it doesn't counter boons if they are there. You destroyed a totem? Congratulations, now do that four more times since they can just reset it somewhere else and your perk has achieved nothing. And that's why boons have to be destroyable without perks.

  • Instantly healed?

    Circle of healing was nerfed to the point where it feels like a waste of time. The healing takes ages in a game where chases can be ended in a matter of seconds (unless you're bad as killer that is).

    As survivor I don't even bother running to a boon totem anymore. First it takes 10+ seconds to run to the nerfed boon radius, then it takes ages to actually heal up, then I gotta run back to the gen which takes another 10+ seconds. Trash perk.

  • Think of it this way, every time you snuffed a Boon it took you a couple of seconds maybe and then they spent 14 seconds plus travel time setting it back up. Now imagine if instead of them spending all that time resetting multiple Boons they had just been sitting on gens, that quickly adds up to a lot of lost gen progress. I’ve definitely had games where the survivors lost because they spent so much time and effort constantly fiddling with Boons that they didn’t spend enough time on the gens and lost.

  • @dugman said:

    Think of it this way, every time you snuffed a Boon it took you a couple of seconds maybe and then they spent 14 seconds plus travel time setting it back up. Now imagine if instead of them spending all that time resetting multiple Boons they had just been sitting on gens, that quickly adds up to a lot of lost gen progress. I’ve definitely had games where the survivors lost because they spent so much time and effort constantly fiddling with Boons that they didn’t spend enough time on the gens and lost.

    This is it. Killers don't see how much time they saved by survivor doing boons. Also it's MUCH easier for killer to find totem then for a survivor - a single good example - try to boon a totem in a corn (watch how much time it takes to find that totem for survivor and how much for a killer).

    @Oneblacktophat said:

    Boons are ridiculous as killer, I usually play survivor and I don't usually use boon totems but I had to play killer for a daily. I just went up against a SWF and all of them had boons, everytime I injured someone it's like they instantly healed and I keep putting them out just for them to be relit. With hex totems for killers, you only get one use out of it until it's broken. Why not just have the same for survivors, make it were survivors can only boon one totem per match or give the killer the ability to relight theirs. It doesn't make sense that Killers don't have a way of countering this.

    Delete boons and don't even think about complaining about genrush. Because boons are the best time-sink you can possibly get from the game. Also try to measure how long your chases actually take and how much the gens pop in that time. Compare games with boon totems and games without them. I am pretty sure you will soon advocate to add some more boons to the game (from killer's point of view that is) ;)

  • The only good Boon is Circle of healing,and it has already been nerfed twiced.

    Think that SWF are the 10% of the playerbase, not every match you will encounter 4 boons from a perfect SWF

  • @Rovend said:

    The only good Boon is Circle of healing,and it has already been nerfed twiced.

    Think that SWF are the 10% of the playerbase, not every match you will encounter 4 boons from a perfect SWF

    Shadowstep is ok. I’m sure I’ve lost or didn’t spot survivors because of that one.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191387#Comment_3191387

    Shadowstep is ok. I’m sure I’ve lost or didn’t spot survivors because of that one.

    I know, i meant that Coh is the only one that people take by itself. I dont see shadowstep only boons or exponential only boons. shadowstep is more of a addon to a Coh boon

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191394#Comment_3191394

    I know, i meant that Coh is the only one that people take by itself. I dont see shadowstep only boons or exponential only boons. shadowstep is more of a addon to a Coh boon

    Yeah, it’s usually paired with CoH since they obviously have good synergy. I bet it would be ok on its own though if someone really wanted to just bring it. 🤷‍♂️

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191397#Comment_3191397

    Yeah, it’s usually paired with CoH since they obviously have good synergy. I bet it would be ok on its own though if someone really wanted to just bring it. 🤷‍♂️

    What it would be nice is that a boon totem could have a different color depending on the perk it has. Like, you have COH? the boon is blue, you have shadowstep? green and so.

    That would be nice in soloQ so your teammates wont kill you when they go to your boon for a heal just to find shadowstep

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191399#Comment_3191399

    What it would be nice is that a boon totem could have a different color depending on the perk it has. Like, you have COH? the boon is blue, you have shadowstep? green and so.

    That would be nice in soloQ so your teammates wont kill you when they go to your boon for a heal just to find shadowstep

    They at least should have different condition icons.

  • That sounds more like a swf problem than a boon problem

  • Boons are OK now, I think.

    Hex-Totems however should receive more protection or you should be able to reset it like Survivors can with Boons.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    Boons are OK now, I think.

    Hex-Totems however should receive more protection or you should be able to reset it like Survivors can with Boons.

    Terrible idea.

    If you want them resetable, you need to make them much weaker. 1s to boon/cleanse them away, make 24m noise and do their action only within 32m + notification about their existance + 14 setting up time + they don't start lit up.

    If all these conditions are met, you are allowed to relit your ruin/dhope/etc