61 - 39 : we need more stats

Devs, thanks for the stats. But that Escape & Kill rate percentage is not a reflection of anything.


We need in depth stats.

Escape and Killrate PER MMR.

Escape and Killrate PER KILLER

Escape rate Solo VS SWF

Killer pick PER MMR

Perks pick PER MMR


Etc...


Thanks by advance.

Comments

  • yes this would be much more beneficial.

    although metas would develop much faster if BHvR did this which seems to be something they don't want it will also help them identify perks that need a rework.

    this way we can avoid the dead hard debacle that lasted 4 years which i find to be incredible that someone or people on the team was so resistant to changing this perk despite the clear popularity and utility of it.

    dbd stats api = faster metas developing = faster responses and recognition of such metas.

  • I think Peanits answered something about this in the main thread about the new stats. It was along the line that at BHVR they could view the date interactive with all possible modifiers, but releasing all this different stats seperately, as people always state, would be a bit more complicated, as there is no single difinition for "high/mid/low MMR" etc.

    Well, thats the official stand, so don't hold your breath. While I can understand them somewhat, I am also saddened that we wont be seeing this most important piece of the date, the one everyone here wants to get a good look at.

  • @Basement_Bubba420 totally agree ! But that may result in "too much work" for them haha, between tracking and adjustments on a regular basis. I'd love that honestly, but I dont know if that fits their vision of the game.


    @Akumakaji thanks for the clarifications ! I'm not sure thats something complicated, I just think since they just want to keep their system blurry for everyone. And I really hope they 'll come up with something solid one day, so they're able to share stats with transparency.

  • @Jago said:

    @Basement_Bubba420 totally agree ! But that may result in "too much work" for them haha, between tracking and adjustments on a regular basis. I'd love that honestly, but I dont know if that fits their vision of the game.

    @Akumakaji thanks for the clarifications ! I'm not sure thats something complicated, I just think since they just want to keep their system blurry for everyone. And I really hope they 'll come up with something solid one day, so they're able to share stats with transparency.

    I think the issue is more that since they can interactively explore the data, it's harder to translate that into a single image that can easily be shared. And since sharing data isn't exactly the highest priority for BHVR, it's likely not worth the effort spending the time crafting up more indepth stats for us.

  • We already know they can see at least killer killrates at different ranges considering a dev has stated nurse performs better at higher ranges wouldn't hurt them to be honest with how killers perform at vague ranges.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191252#Comment_3191252

    I think the issue is more that since they can interactively explore the data, it's harder to translate that into a single image that can easily be shared. And since sharing data isn't exactly the highest priority for BHVR, it's likely not worth the effort spending the time crafting up more indepth stats for us.

    It's doable. They have data analysts. A lot of them.


    For obscure reason they dont want to share that type of stuff, probably because players would find new way to complain. Also, I think BHVR want to keep the game direction completely blurry. It's a casual game disguised as a competitive one, but they'll never take any stance.

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191308#Comment_3191308

    It's doable. They have data analysts. A lot of them.

    For obscure reason they dont want to share that type of stuff, probably because players would find new way to complain. Also, I think BHVR want to keep the game direction completely blurry. It's a casual game disguised as a competitive one, but they'll never take any stance.

    It's not that it isn't doable. It's just that going an indepth dive into the data and then also build an infographic to share with the public is likely not a great use of their time. Internally they don't need an infographic themselves if the team sees in their data something is doing too well or too poorly and start consider changes as they watch to see if it stays that way.

    Also idk if I would say it's disguised as a competitive one. It's a pvp game and people by nature act competitively when they are facing other people. Add on the fact that matchmaking matches you up with random players and people are going to compete to beat their opponent. It might not be an esport level game, but the nature of the gameplay leads to it being competitive by nature.

  • If they did do it then we'd complain about how we see those stats

    Like "look see... Nurse is OP"

    "OMG 4 regression builds are used too much"

    But yes... I also agree that they need to show more then a generic Kill rate/ Escape Rate... and the top 3 most used perks

    And yes that would mean more work to get it out... but they have blogposts and a forum to post things on (right???) also it'll also help the average player to better understand why they change things

  • I just started a stat experiment myself. This is what I got so far:

    @LapisInfernalis said:

    You gave us some new stats a few days ago and while some of them looked quite nice (shorter q-times), others were worrysome.

    One of these stats are the kill and survival rates. How can a game be balanced when you die 69% of matches when it was clearly said that 2 KILLS (=50%) are considered balanced by the Devs?

    I started a stat experiment myself, playing SoloQ, SWF (2-4man) and Killer. My goal is to play 50 matches each. And while I'm only half way done there is already a trend which I don't like at all.

    The data was collected in EU central. Survivor matches were during afternoon/evening, Killer matches late evening/night (not surprisingly the kill rates are a LOT higher than normal). I did not always slug for a 4k. Matches where someone DCed early or we farmed were omitted. I tried to use the same build everytime. All rates are shown in %.

    Definition of Tunneling: Ignoring all other survivors to kill a recently unhooked Survivor.

    After 20-25 matches in each role I got the following results:

    SoloQ:

    • average # Gens left: 0.9370
    • escape rate: 31.25
    • kill rate: 62.5
    • tunneling: 31.73
    • of matches I died: 51.68

    SWF:

    • average # gens left: 0.4545
    • escape rate: 40.90
    • kill rate: 50.0
    • tunneling: 36.36
    • of matches I died: 48.53

    Killer:

    • average # gens left: 1.35
    • kill rate: 77.94
    • kill rate (Wesker only): 84.62
    • kill rate (no Wesker): 56.25
    • tunneling: 11.76

    It is no surprise that MM incentives are on survivor 99% of all times. This is not balanced at all. And with this in mind: How do you think my MMR will look like in a few weeks? I will play with/vs new players soon, because apparently I'm just bad at the game when I get tunneled out or camped to death while my team survives!

    Some changes with 6.1.0 were GOOD, but some others were over the top.

    I propose:

    • remove the reduction of the sprintboost after a hit
    • remove the hit cooldown
    • give DS a 4s stun
    • fix maps so that there is a better distribution of pallets (especially the coding error with the new MacMillan 2xWindow tiles)
    • fix maps with too many pallets (e.g. The Game, Eyrie of Crows, Garden of Joy) and add maybe a handful of windows
    • fix map size, since no map should be as large as Shelter Woods, Eyrie, or Red Forrest
    • add a "no-power circle" around a hooked survivor. At least for the ez camping killers (e.g. Bubba, Billy, Huntress, Slinger, Trickster)
    • make hook grabs on HEALTHY survivors impossible

    PS: I will update this post once my data is complete.


  • @LeFennecFox said:

    We already know they can see at least killer killrates at different ranges considering a dev has stated nurse performs better at higher ranges wouldn't hurt them to be honest with how killers perform at vague ranges.

    I know from my current stats experiment, that my killrate with Wesker during the night is a lot higher because survivors get worse. I'm talking about a killrate of 84%

  • Personally I really liked the charts for perk usage by MMR they had in their June and July dev update blogs. I’d love to see that type of chart for other things. For instance, replace perks with killers and you have each line is a killer, the x-axis is MMR, the y-axis is kill rate, and the line thickness is the number of matches at that intersection. It was a great format - easy to read, interesting information, and it had a good visual look.

  • @dugman said:

    Personally I really liked the charts for perk usage by MMR they had in their June and July dev update blogs. I’d love to see that type of chart for other things. For instance, replace perks with killers and you have each line is a killer, the x-axis is MMR, the y-axis is kill rate, and the line thickness is the number of matches at that intersection. It was a great format - easy to read, interesting information, and it had a good visual look.

    That would be very nice yes !