Replace Throw-Away Charms with Iridescent shards

I don't want to come in here insulting any artists that work on these

image.png

but it's just sort of the fact that these don't get much use, I don't really see a reason for me to have a door with a border around it (let alone 7 of them), as opposed to a pride charm or that one cool coco mug, some people might enjoy them, I've never really seen the appeal, but I think I'd be a lot happier with the rift if it gave me iridescent so I could grab something from the shrine or help me save up for a really sick skin of my choice, please no hate to the bhvr team for these charms in my replies, just genuine questions, and concerns only

Cheers!

Comments

  • They don't want to give out iri shards, they wanna give out filler charms no-one wants.

  • If they will do anything about it, they will give you bloodpoints. I don't see BHVR giving away free shards unless it's a limited time event.

  • The annoying thing is, I might actually use those charms if they weren't so poorly done. I like having charms that match the character! I like matching charms! But then my Twins charm is a ship and my Pig charm is a foot, and it's like... you couldn't even find the time to put a decent representative image on them? It's a big charm. You could fit something appealing on there, like a portrait of the character's face or a representation of them using their power, rather than... a door.

  • Filler charms are exactly what they are meant to be: useless Rift filler.

    In their mind, they can't sell a premium rift without all the slots being full and they didn't want to flesh out the Rifts with shards and bloodpoints so instead we get horrendous and useless low effort templated and recolored charms instead. That's the only reason charms exist in the first place as they were introduced with the first Rift.

    Thank the Entity they still give back the auric cells used to buy the Rift or I would have stopped buying it after the 2nd or 3rd one.

  • @Bot_Salvo88 said:

    If they will do anything about it, they will give you bloodpoints. I don't see BHVR giving away free shards unless it's a limited time event.

    tbh, I'd be fine with blood points, that's also a kind of filler so I think that works as well that's a good idea actually

  • @ByeByeQ said:

    Filler charms are exactly what they are meant to be: useless Rift filler.

    In their mind, they can't sell a premium rift without all the slots being full and they didn't want to flesh out the Rifts with shards and bloodpoints so instead we get horrendous and useless low effort templated and recolored charms instead. That's the only reason charms exist in the first place as they were introduced with the first Rift.

    Thank the Entity they still give back the auric cells used to buy the Rift or I would have stopped buying it after the 2nd or 3rd one.

    I explicitly said no slander to the charms or artists man, we're just talking about what could go in it's place, be nice.

  • @Pumpkinbros said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3184626#Comment_3184626

    I explicitly said no slander to the charms or artists man, we're just talking about what could go in it's place, be nice.

    I didn't slander any artists. Many of the charms are really good, worthy of being called art. These are mostly the green rarity or better charms.

    The filler or throwaway charms like the one you pictured the fill out the last ten pages of many players' charm collections consist of premade 2D images already in the game slapped on a a 3D template and then recolored 3 or more times are not art. Probably whipped together by an intern not an artist.

    I'm not spreading any hate or slander here. Just truth.

    I do hope that BHVR does come up with some cool rewards that players actually do want.

  • @ByeByeQ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3184663#Comment_3184663

    I didn't slander any artists. Many of the charms are really good, worthy of being called art. These are mostly the green rarity or better charms.

    The filler or throwaway charms like the one you pictured the fill out the last ten pages of many players' charm collections consist of premade 2D images already in the game slapped on a a 3D template and then recolored 3 or more times are not art. Probably whipped together by an intern not an artist.

    I'm not spreading any hate or slander here. Just truth.

    I do hope that BHVR does come up with some cool rewards that players actually do want.

    the point is, we already know they're filler, we don't need to point out what's obvious. this is just talking about solutions what do we do for filler instead

  • One thing I just thought of is perhaps they could give killers customizable chains and/or hangers for their charms. More ways to customize the hook.

    Survivors could possible get a "charm hat" where they could hang larger charms from a hat. The hat itself could be customizable from certain rare charms or some other mechanism. All survivors should be able to wear the hat which probably wouldn't work for licensed survivors.

  • @ByeByeQ said:

    One thing I just thought of is perhaps they could give killers customizable chains and/or hangers for their charms. More ways to customize the hook.

    Survivors could possible get a "charm hat" where they could hang larger charms from a hat. The hat itself could be customizable from certain rare charms or some other mechanism. All survivors should be able to wear the hat which probably wouldn't work for licensed survivors.

    tbh I always thought that charms should be hung like on the survivors shirts or as bracelets like it is in vhs

    I do like the idea of a "charm hat" or maybe even just an option to equip more charms at once, or maybe charms charged with something that helps you throughout the Match, similar to perks but more or so distortions of the trial rather than buffs or perks, like swapping the scourge hook aura color for the killer

  • Honestly I'd just want an option to turn all charms off. I absolutely hate how they look.

  • Set up a system where we can trade in bulk unwanted charms for something we actually want. Same with items, add-ons and offerings.