Now that Lethal Persuer is strong, please consider taking Distortion ๐Ÿ™

I mean if you're confident about your chases then hell yeah power to you but playing solo queue I see many people getting screwed over by lethal, so much so that even when I play with a friend who's streaming they think a killer is sniping them or friends are confused on how killers can find them almost instantly because the killer has like a bunch of aura revealing addons and perks stacked with Lethal.

Comments

  • @hastarkis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3184943#Comment_3184943

    Just tested. 2 tokens for retribution.

    Just like for Lightborn with Lethal. It's 12 seconds, 2 tokens.

    Either it's bug, or Distortion actually is 11 seconds now, or there's 1 second delay at the start of the match, or Lethal officially is an exception.

    Ok, then I would assume its really a bug with lethal. At least an inconsistency.

    Maybe we should file a but about this?

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346305/now-that-lethal-persuer-is-strong-please-consider-taking-distortion

    I sometimes run it with darkness revealed but even with the buff idk if it's worth a perk slot(or two if you want it to last longer than the first ten seconds of the game).

    You load in as killer. You look at the opposite end of the map.

    There is a survivor there!

    I just don't get the appeal atm, maybe later I'll try to work it into an aura build or something....

    You load in. See three survivors near a gen and one off in the middle of no where. You can now proceed to pressure three survivors off of that gen at once instead of losing that gen in about 30 seconds. It's won me many games since I started running it. That early pressure cannot be understated.

  • @Nihlus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3184166#Comment_3184166

    You load in. See three survivors near a gen and one off in the middle of no where. You can now proceed to pressure three survivors off of that gen at once instead of losing that gen in about 30 seconds. It's won me many games since I started running it. That early pressure cannot be understated.

    My comment was referring to playing without Lethal. If you walk to a gen opposite your spawn on the map there will be one or more survivors there 9/10. It CAN be useful on Nurse to get an attack plan together but worth a whole perk slot? Pain Res or Plaything would save more time overall imo.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3185657#Comment_3185657

    My comment was referring to playing without Lethal. If you walk to a gen opposite your spawn on the map there will be one or more survivors there 9/10. It CAN be useful on Nurse to get an attack plan together but worth a whole perk slot? Pain Res or Plaything would save more time overall imo.

    But with the perk, you KNOW where the majority of them are. You know exactly where to go, and often can get a cheeky hit on a survivor that didn't know you knew exactly where they are. Sure, you likely have an idea where to find at least one. But this guarantees you will be in a chase within 15-20 seconds tops.

    I've been running all night on Wesker using Lethal Pursuer, BBQ, Bamboozle, and Superior Anatomy. It's been pretty darned effective. I think I lost two games all night and I've played most of them very 'nice' where I'm using BBQ to leave the hook and don't tunnel/camp. Though I have been tunneling out flashlight and headon users....

  • Distortion blocks the killer's aura reading, but Object turns it against them.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3185091#Comment_3185091

    Ok, then I would assume its really a bug with lethal. At least an inconsistency.

    Maybe we should file a but about this?

    Hahah, it's not the bug I'd want them to fix :D at least now with all other problems. But jokes aside, yeah, if it could be a bug (and it could) we should report that just in case.

  • @lav3 said:

    Distortion still feels like a waste of perk slot.

    I know it's impactful against Nurse, Blight, Huntress using aura perks but I haven't got single value from most killers, including Wesker.

    BBQ change somehow affected and it doesn't prevent Legion's Frenzy instinct or Artist's crows when you get swarmed.

    And I don't mind Lethal Pursuer honestly, unless someone is hiding in corner of map or huge deadzone.

    Nurse might be exception but what can I say about perks when it is not the main issue.

    I have been telling people for years that BBQ was not that great of an aura reading perk, and the only reason people always ran it was for the bloodpoints. But i was always told i was using a "crutch meta perk" even though thrilling is by far a better perk. When they take the bloodpoints away, what happens? Nobody runs BBQ.


    Additionally OTR is a meta perk and it counters BBQ. They should really make it so once the endurance buff goes away on OTR you also lose the aura stuff as well. The point of the perk is an anti-tunnel perk, it shouldn't keep it's effects.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3184123#Comment_3184123

    I have been telling people for years that BBQ was not that great of an aura reading perk, and the only reason people always ran it was for the bloodpoints. But i was always told i was using a "crutch meta perk" even though thrilling is by far a better perk. When they take the bloodpoints away, what happens? Nobody runs BBQ.

    Additionally OTR is a meta perk and it counters BBQ. They should really make it so once the endurance buff goes away on OTR you also lose the aura stuff as well. The point of the perk is an anti-tunnel perk, it shouldn't keep it's effects.

    bbq is literally still one of the most used killer perks lol

  • Lethal is not that much to worry about. A 25% chance for an immediate chase if the killer is close doesn't warrant a counter perk slot in my loadouts.

  • Guys, lethal pursuer lasts only for 9 seconds, not 11, that's why it uses only 1 token of distortion, the 9s in the perk description is taken already with 2s buff

1 2 โ€บ