Wesker is fun and frustrating at the same time

Hello, I am here to tell you how wesker has the potential to be very good, but, it has several problems that make it more frustrating than enjoyable

First, I anna talk about his charge time, evertime I wanna use his power, I fell sooooooooo slow, and what also doesn't help is that the activation time of the power is too long, killers like demogorgon can press the button and intantly use it, I am not talking to make his power instantly to use, but at least, reduce it pls

Second is the power cooldown, remember when I was talking about he been so slow? His cooldown is so long for some reason, ok he has a addon thats makes 10% faster cooldown, for me, that changes nothing, I really wanna the devs to reduce his cooldown

The last thing is obviously his bugs, omg, how many time I catch a survivor and somehow, and wesker just lets them go

the beginning of this post is just to say how much potential wesker has

Comments

    1. I think it's supposed to be slow. If he pulled his power up quickly he'd just be another pre nerf deathslinger.
    2. I think the cooldown is fine. If there was barely a cooldown, he could travel the map too fast. It's supposed to punish you for missing your power as well.
    3. Agreed. Waiting for it to get fixed.
  • Well, you do realize that Wesker has as a basekit:

    1. High mobility with his ability, even with the "slow" cooldowns, he still gains distance. Thats a huge benefit
    2. He can instantly carry survivors without having a longer cooldown on his ability, even if these survivors are full health
    3. His ability is quite powerful in loops.

    So really, why does his power need to be better?

  • After playing as and against him, I think he's balanced correctly.

  • @neb said:

    1. I think it's supposed to be slow. If he pulled his power up quickly he'd just be another pre nerf deathslinger.
    2. I think the cooldown is fine. If there was barely a cooldown, he could travel the map too fast. It's supposed to punish you for missing your power as well.
    3. Agreed. Waiting for it to get fixed.

    @Predated said:

    Well, you do realize that Wesker has as a basekit:

    1. High mobility with his ability, even with the "slow" cooldowns, he still gains distance. Thats a huge benefit
    2. He can instantly carry survivors without having a longer cooldown on his ability, even if these survivors are full health
    3. His ability is quite powerful in loops.

    So really, why does his power need to be better?

    His "mobility" saves only saves a few seconds compared to just running. It's pretty dumb that blight takes 2 seconds less to get 5 rushes back while also having a shorter fatigue and actual map mobility. I don't think they need to directly buff his recharge they should make his tokens work like nurse/bubba where you aren't punished for using only a single bound by having all token progress lost.

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3176986#Comment_3176986

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177051#Comment_3177051

    His "mobility" saves only saves a few seconds compared to just running. It's pretty dumb that blight takes 2 seconds less to get 5 rushes back while also having a shorter fatigue and actual map mobility. I don't think they need to directly buff his recharge they should make his tokens work like nurse/bubba where you aren't punished for using only a single bound by having all token progress lost.

    I agree with that, it is pretty annoying when I accidentally start to charge up a Bound with like 95% CD finished for a 2nd one and either have to choose to let go or give up the 2nd charge entirely even though I almost completed it.. that certainly does get frustrating.

  • @adam1233467 said:

    Hello, I am here to tell you how wesker has the potential to be very good, but, it has several problems that make it more frustrating than enjoyable

    First, I anna talk about his charge time, evertime I wanna use his power, I fell sooooooooo slow, and what also doesn't help is that the activation time of the power is too long, killers like demogorgon can press the button and intantly use it, I am not talking to make his power instantly to use, but at least, reduce it pls

    Second is the power cooldown, remember when I was talking about he been so slow? His cooldown is so long for some reason, ok he has a addon thats makes 10% faster cooldown, for me, that changes nothing, I really wanna the devs to reduce his cooldown

    The last thing is obviously his bugs, omg, how many time I catch a survivor and somehow, and wesker just lets them go

    the beginning of this post is just to say how much potential wesker has

    I do agree that the wind up time on Wesker’s power feels very sluggish and too slow at times. I feel like if they very slightly lower the charge time it would benefit him a lot.

    @adam1233467 said:

    Hello, I am here to tell you how wesker has the potential to be very good, but, it has several problems that make it more frustrating than enjoyable

    First, I anna talk about his charge time, evertime I wanna use his power, I fell sooooooooo slow, and what also doesn't help is that the activation time of the power is too long, killers like demogorgon can press the button and intantly use it, I am not talking to make his power instantly to use, but at least, reduce it pls

    Second is the power cooldown, remember when I was talking about he been so slow? His cooldown is so long for some reason, ok he has a addon thats makes 10% faster cooldown, for me, that changes nothing, I really wanna the devs to reduce his cooldown

    The last thing is obviously his bugs, omg, how many time I catch a survivor and somehow, and wesker just lets them go

    the beginning of this post is just to say how much potential wesker has

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3176986#Comment_3176986

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177051#Comment_3177051

    His "mobility" saves only saves a few seconds compared to just running. It's pretty dumb that blight takes 2 seconds less to get 5 rushes back while also having a shorter fatigue and actual map mobility. I don't think they need to directly buff his recharge they should make his tokens work like nurse/bubba where you aren't punished for using only a single bound by having all token progress lost.

    Blight is much more mobility focused, hence why he can travel the map much quicker. Nurse can only travel faster than wesker with range addons, but that's just a case of range addons being busted. Don't think we should balance around range addons.

  • @neb said:

    1. I think it's supposed to be slow. If he pulled his power up quickly he'd just be another pre nerf deathslinger.
    2. I think the cooldown is fine. If there was barely a cooldown, he could travel the map too fast. It's supposed to punish you for missing your power as well.
    3. Agreed. Waiting for it to get fixed.

    Agree generally, though the comparison to deathslinger is a bit off since nerfed deathslinger is pretty bad considering his TR and 4.4 movement speed. They took all his chase ability and gave him nothing in return, so IMO pre-nerf deathslinger was more balanced than current deathslinger.

  • I would like to see his charge speed increased slightly.

  • @adam1233467 said:

    Hello, I am here to tell you how wesker has the potential to be very good, but, it has several problems that make it more frustrating than enjoyable

    First, I anna talk about his charge time, evertime I wanna use his power, I fell sooooooooo slow, and what also doesn't help is that the activation time of the power is too long, killers like demogorgon can press the button and intantly use it, I am not talking to make his power instantly to use, but at least, reduce it pls

    Second is the power cooldown, remember when I was talking about he been so slow? His cooldown is so long for some reason, ok he has a addon thats makes 10% faster cooldown, for me, that changes nothing, I really wanna the devs to reduce his cooldown

    The last thing is obviously his bugs, omg, how many time I catch a survivor and somehow, and wesker just lets them go

    the beginning of this post is just to say how much potential wesker has

    as a probably (new) Wesker main, i found problematic only the last thing that you mentioned (bugs), the other 2 points are fine imo

  • @Predated said:

    Well, you do realize that Wesker has as a basekit:

    1. High mobility with his ability, even with the "slow" cooldowns, he still gains distance. Thats a huge benefit
    2. He can instantly carry survivors without having a longer cooldown on his ability, even if these survivors are full health
    3. His ability is quite powerful in loops.

    So really, why does his power need to be better?

    I don't think he needs it really. Small tweaks would be fine. A hair faster on the m2 charge to use and a hair faster on the recharge of the bound itself would probably go a long way for making him feel more enjoyable to use without practically making him much better in most situations.

    Wiki says charge time is 1.5 seconds. Maybe 1.3 or 1.35 would still be fair? Recharge is 6 seconds per charge. Making it an even 5 each for a total of 10 seconds would be fine I'd imagine. But again my stance is that it's actually not needed, just that it would be nice and wouldn't be a buff that would even be close to breaking him.

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3176986#Comment_3176986

    Agree generally, though the comparison to deathslinger is a bit off since nerfed deathslinger is pretty bad considering his TR and 4.4 movement speed. They took all his chase ability and gave him nothing in return, so IMO pre-nerf deathslinger was more balanced than current deathslinger.

    I think pre nerf was a bit too strong, but the way they nerfed him was unjustified. Now he's utterly useless. He deserved a nerf, but not a nerf this hard.

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177546#Comment_3177546

    I think pre nerf was a bit too strong, but the way they nerfed him was unjustified. Now he's utterly useless. He deserved a nerf, but not a nerf this hard.

    Right, I agree with this.

  • @neb said:

    1. I think it's supposed to be slow. If he pulled his power up quickly he'd just be another pre nerf deathslinger.
    2. I think the cooldown is fine. If there was barely a cooldown, he could travel the map too fast. It's supposed to punish you for missing your power as well.
    3. Agreed. Waiting for it to get fixed.
    1. No, if they make that him can use his power instantly, would be boring to go againts, I am talking about to reduce it, currently its 1,5 seconds, reduce to 1 second woulb be good
    2. Compared to the other killers, his cooldown is too long to use his power, and he is to slow when he finishes using
    3. I think he just need some decreases on some numbers like they did to his hitbox detection