Should certain Killers get incentives to raise their pick rate?

Pretty much like the current incentives work only say Twins would have it or Hag or whatever killers are least played at the time in order to try and promote killer diversity in matches.

Comments

  • Get the other killer kits to actually be able to do threatening things and you wouldn't need incentives.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    Pretty much like the current incentives work only say Twins would have it or Hag or whatever killers are least played at the time in order to try and promote killer diversity in matches.

    The reality is that most killers have no incentive to play because they aren’t viable. A bonus BP gain wouldn’t do anything to fix that. Buff them to be worth playing.

  • Yeaa 100% agree.

  • The fewer Tricksters, Hags, Trappers, and Twins I have to go against, the better

  • What we need is an incentive that at least gives survivors more points then just playing a regular game as killer. 100% bonus and I still get more on a basic game as Huntress.

  • Good idea, let's say 100% bonus for 5 less played killers.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3173243#Comment_3173243

    +1000% bp for playing clown, freddy and trapper, -200% bp for playing nurse and blight. what a way to encourage diversity....

    Some would still play blight and nurse but like we can't force them to play other killers. But we should encourage them to do so.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    What we need is an incentive that at least gives survivors more points then just playing a regular game as killer. 100% bonus and I still get more on a basic game as Huntress.

    I finish almost every game with at least 18-19k bp which with bonuses is pretty much a perfect killer game BP wise, that said survivors could do with a bit better scoring events and more BP for being the 1st/2nd sacrificed.

  • @dugman said:

    Your personal Killer characters should have their own personal incentives based on your MMR with them. If the game needs a 1000 MMR killer player, and my Huntress character is 1000 but my Ghost Face is 1800, I should be enticed by the game to give Huntress a go to fill that slot.

    I dont think encouraging you to play outside of your skill zone is a great idea because aside from 110s a lotta killers can translate their skills at just basic looping, gamesense and perk builds over to about any killer and do decently especially if its almost half your MMR.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3179821#Comment_3179821

    I dont think encouraging you to play outside of your skill zone is a great idea because aside from 110s a lotta killers can translate their skills at just basic looping, gamesense and perk builds over to about any killer and do decently especially if its almost half your MMR.

    Except that presumably if your MMR is very low on, say, Huntress compared to your main killer, for instance, then it's because you don't win as often with her so going against lower MMR opponents with her makes sense. Also the only way to improve in a killer you're bad at is to play them more often so that's all the more reason to encourage people out of their comfort zone.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180303#Comment_3180303

    Except that presumably if your MMR is very low on, say, Huntress compared to your main killer, for instance, then it's because you don't win as often with her so going against lower MMR opponents with her makes sense. Also the only way to improve in a killer you're bad at is to play them more often so that's all the more reason to encourage people out of their comfort zone.

    It can also be low from not playing much. My trapper MMR is noticably lower than the killer I play regularly even thought I can 4k with him in most games since the survivors are pretty bad.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180333#Comment_3180333

    It can also be low from not playing much. My trapper MMR is noticably lower than the killer I play regularly even thought I can 4k with him in most games since the survivors are pretty bad.

    But that happens much less often than your MMR being where it should generally be and is self correcting. Meanwhile by encouraging you to use your less played Trapper your MMR will go toward a better estimate and you'll be helping the system with the queues a bit.

  • I like this idea a lot actually. The top 4 least played killers at any given moment should have a +100% blood point incentive for the least played, +75% for the 2nd least played, +50% for 3rd and +25% the least LEAST played. (If you don't own a killer it goes to the next least played of a killer you do own)

    I'm new-ish to the game (nearly 300 hours, playing on a weekly basis since Steam summer sale) and I've faced Twins a total of 2 times. The first time they were just memeing with Victor and let us win. Deathslinger is actually being played a bit lately but for the first 200 hours of that I had a grand total of 2 games with him. Hardly any PH, lots of Doctors, Wraiths and Nurses.

    This would be a great addition and honestly it would help me personally try more killers out. I usually stick with my man 'slinger and a decent bit of Wesker lately.

  • @Roaroftime said:

    ye how about +100% BP for any killer but Wesker so I can actually have a variety in my rounds again

    I assume this was at least half joking but yeah I think excluding whatever is the newest killer for the first month or two from this system would be good.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I don't know I feel like low pick rates are one way to make them see there's issues with certain killers. I'm pretty sure the 1% pick rate on Twins is what helped them decide to look at them for the next rework.

    Where did they say that? Do they announce reworks anywhere? Where?

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177711#Comment_3177711

    Some would still play blight and nurse but like we can't force them to play other killers. But we should encourage them to do so.

    probably. even if you gave me 150% bp to play freddy. for a day, I probably wouldn't play him. not worth the stress. Improving weaker killers so that they're less of hassle to play and fun to play would do more. queue with weaker killers is like losing on the lobby screen.

    they already have incentives to play different killers every day. its called daily rituals. I just ignore them.

  • This is a great idea. You should add it to the feedback section.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    Pretty much like the current incentives work only say Twins would have it or Hag or whatever killers are least played at the time in order to try and promote killer diversity in matches.

    I don't think It wouldn't help if someone doesn't enjoy that killer there not going to pick them for bonus BP. Idc if there's a 500% BP bonus for playing artists I still wouldn't play her. Not to mention not everyone has every killer and some cost money.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/345202/should-certain-killers-get-incentives-to-raise-their-pick-rate

    I don't think It wouldn't help if someone doesn't enjoy that killer there not going to pick them for bonus BP. Idc if there's a 500% BP bonus for playing artists I still wouldn't play her. Not to mention not everyone has every killer and some cost money.

    Well I mean I would definitely play some killers more if they had BP bonuses and I really doubt everyone is that dedicated to hard maining 1 killer they refuse to play others for BP. As for the not everyone having every killer well like it is a bonus just because having the weakest killers in the game unlocked grants you a bit of BP isnt a huge issue imo anyway one of the least played killers is free and unless billy gets major changes he will probably remain there .

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180605#Comment_3180605

    Well I mean I would definitely play some killers more if they had BP bonuses and I really doubt everyone is that dedicated to hard maining 1 killer they refuse to play others for BP. As for the not everyone having every killer well like it is a bonus just because having the weakest killers in the game unlocked grants you a bit of BP isnt a huge issue imo anyway one of the least played killers is free and unless billy gets major changes he will probably remain there .

    I actually play the majority of the killer roster except artist I hate her gameplay but if there was bonus BP on a killer I don't want to play I'm not going to play them. Loom at dailies how often do you thing people just don't do ones on characters they don't feel like playing.

  • This is a great idea than u woukd also see less Wesker, Nurse or blight and more killers like Twins or Onryo

    Sadly so far the BP Bonus is just for Survivors i Never have Seen it as Killer

  • @RonMan32 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174476#Comment_3174476

    Where did they say that? Do they announce reworks anywhere? Where?

    They said it on their live stream Q&A back in January.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    Pretty much like the current incentives work only say Twins would have it or Hag or whatever killers are least played at the time in order to try and promote killer diversity in matches.

    I love this idea, totally agree!

1 2 ›