Why do i get epic survivors as a killer but bad teammates as a survivor

As the title says! When i play as a killer on a low rank i always get these toxic survivors/gen rushers and best loopers

When i play as a survivor i get the worst teammates ever that they can't complete a single gen! and the killer is just too good, idk if that's a personal issue or a game issue?

Comments

  • Depends on how many players are in your region at a given time. If not enough people are playing at that time with your skill level the game will prioritize queue times instead

  • Have you considered you're not as good as you think?

  • @SuzuKR said:

    Have you considered you're not as good as you think?

    Yeah i get it im a noob survivor if thats what u wanna know :/ playing since 2017 for nothing

  • When you are playing as a survivor you are 25% responsible for the teams success.

    When you are on Killer you are 0% responsible for their success.

  • I know right, it feels like I play survivor with people who can barely unhook once. T.T Or decide to unhook in front of killer.

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    You don't get epic survivors as Killer, stop the cap.

    Yes i do :/

  • Because when you're playing killer you're potentially playing against 4 people in a swf group. When you play solo queue survivor, you are playing with 3 random people who are not communicating.

  • @hamada98765 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3166660#Comment_3166660

    Yeah i get it im a noob survivor if thats what u wanna know :/ playing since 2017 for nothing

    I've got 3000 hours in and I kinda suck.

  • First of all gen rushing or looping is not toxic. But sometimes I feel same way getting good survivors agains't me as killer and only bad survivors as teammates as survivor. But it's not whole truth sometimes I get good teammates as survivor and half the survivors I face are usually casuals.

  • Its the huge difference between playing solo or in a swf. And as killer you face swf most of the times, if you have been playing for so long you should already know that.

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3166695#Comment_3166695

    No you don't. Epic survivors are tourney players who don't Q pub lobby's.

    Except players this good DO q for pubs. There are plenty of clips on YouTube.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    Because when you're playing killer you're potentially playing against 4 people in a swf group. When you play solo queue survivor, you are playing with 3 random people who are not communicating.

    Yeah I feel some killers are so jaded by SWF bully squads they treat all survivors like they are in a swf... which isn't fair to them.

  • @hamada98765 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3166660#Comment_3166660

    Yeah i get it im a noob survivor if thats what u wanna know :/ playing since 2017 for nothing

    Doesnt mean anything, after 6k+ hours in the game i still loop like a noob, because i dont like that aspect of the game. But give me line-of-sight-blockers and a place to go, and killers lose my every chase. Sadly, on most of the reworked maps that dont work anymore.

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3166796#Comment_3166796

    No they don't. And if they do, they just do a few times and upload those few times. The probability you version them even once a month is below 1% if you have reached mmr cap. Below cap probably never

    So you've massively shifted your goal post from "they don't do it" to "they do it but rarely".


    Fascinating.

  • Really simple if you think about it. Killers are sitting in queue for a long time, the higher their MMR the less of a player pool they have. So they end up sitting in queue until it pulls in enough lower MMR survivors to create a match.

    In other words, you are being placed against better killers (most of the time) while being matched with a random assortment of survivors above and below your MMR.

  • @hamada98765 said:

    As the title says! When i play as a killer on a low rank i always get these toxic survivors/gen rushers and best loopers

    When i play as a survivor i get the worst teammates ever that they can't complete a single gen! and the killer is just too good, idk if that's a personal issue or a game issue?

    Yeah I kinda get the same tbh. Some times it flips and I face pushovers and get super teammates, but yeah normally its how you describe it ๐Ÿ˜…

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3166815#Comment_3166815

    I still think they don't. I just explained why he might have saw some which I can't believe. Maybe as a warm up at best lmao

    So let's break this down:


    They do play public matches.


    They are rare.


    High MMR players will likely encounter them at some point.

  • @hamada98765 said:

    As the title says! When i play as a killer on a low rank i always get these toxic survivors/gen rushers and best loopers

    When i play as a survivor i get the worst teammates ever that they can't complete a single gen! and the killer is just too good, idk if that's a personal issue or a game issue?

    Because MMR is a perpetual cycle for survivor.

    Get awful teammates -> Lose because of awful teammates -> Lose MMR -> Repeat

    Also because it depends on your regional queues. If there are more killers than survivors, than there is a higher chance you will be paired with people outside of your MMR range due to the MMR queue priority over MMR quality priority.

  • @Kirahie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3166696#Comment_3166696

    Yeah I feel some killers are so jaded by SWF bully squads they treat all survivors like they are in a swf... which isn't fair to them.

    I feel like people start to believe in so many game related stereotypes that they brainwash themselves into thinking a lot of really strange things about a video game. It's almost surreal, at times.

  • You're telling me. I played my first killer match after over a year and I got a swf with all the meta perks and all the map knowledge.

    I played over 300 survivor matches at least and I still get the crouch behind rock watch me do gen and run killer teammates.

  • Good players will squad up, and since it's impossible to fit 5 survivors into a lobby...

    You're left to match with only the casuals, the noobs, the hatch players looking out for their #1

    ----

    You're not going to see the squads while queueing as survivor; only as the killer.

  • I rarely play survivor, but when I do it's like 4 out of 5 games a person always suicides on first hook in solo queue it's really quite annoying and puts me off playing survivor.

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3166695#Comment_3166695

    No you don't. Epic survivors are tourney players who don't Q pub lobby's.

    This is just not correct. Tourney player's play pubs a good amount as well. Not only do I see comp players on the survivor team once in a while on the survivor team. They frequent lilith omens games on his stream. Plus a lot of tournament survivors are over rated. Mind you I have not seem them a lot, but the game is completely different from normal dbd. It usually involves pre throwing and playing as safe as possible, with mild looping skills.