Deerstalker becoming basekit in the endgame with one survivor left.

So I have this pretty straight forward idea that'll just make a specific end game scenario not happen.

I just played a game on midwich in which someone was slugged and I couldn't find them and they nearly bled out.

I felt really bad but for the life of me I couldn't hear or see them and we wasted so much time. This doesn't happen ALL the time I get that but I think it happens enough that it should have some form of attention brought to it.


Basically if the survivor is the final one alive, and hatch is closed, and they don't have adrenaline/unbreakable/exponential etc. Just allow their aura to be seen within a 12 meters or whatever number makes the most sense.


In this scenario the survivor can't win no matter what they do and if the killer can't find them they'll Just bleed out for 4 minutes which is lame.

Comments

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I feel like the solution to this is just not slug people?

    Don't leave people lying on the ground and you won't lose them...

    Slugging is a part of the game, why would I not slug someone when the last survivor is right in front of me?

  • Yep, slugging for 4k needs fix

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I feel like the solution to this is just not slug people?

    Don't leave people lying on the ground and you won't lose them...

    I should specifically say its one of the strongest parts of killer and 100% required especially if you're playing a killer like oni (which I was and regularly do)

  • Unbreakeable as a basekit for two remaining survivors is better solution

  • I think that's the beauty of bringing in bbq.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163621#Comment_3163621

    If you choose to slug for the 4K then you do so knowing that the last survivor might crawl away and bleed out.

    You aren't owed all four kills.

    That isn't the point I don't care about getting the 4th kill, I care about not wasting 4 minutes of both of our time.

  • @Bran said:

    I think that's the beauty of bringing in bbq.

    I don't ever bring that perk anymore lmao I only ever used it in the bloodweb. But like again that's the point tho if I don't have a perk to see their aura there's a chance they could bleed out for 4 Minutes which is rough.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163629#Comment_3163629

    Then don't slug for the 4K and noone's time is wasted.

    The only way you'd realistically lose a slugged survivor is if they crawled away somewhere and hide for four minutes. In which case, they're intentionally denying you the kill. That's the potential risk of slugging. If it bothers you then just hook the survivor instead.

    This person and I both vented our frustration at the fact they couldn't be found. They weren't denying the kill intentionally. I get a kikl regardless of if I hook them so I don't get your point. I don't get as many points but like who tf cares?

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    Unbreakeable as a basekit for two remaining survivors is better solution

    I disagree. If you wanted to say that for only ONE survivor sure, that way they can unbreakable up and try to escape or they get found sure. But two? Maybe a tad much.

  • @Rogueyboi117 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163624#Comment_3163624

    That isn't the point I don't care about getting the 4th kill, I care about not wasting 4 minutes of both of our time.

    It probably was the survivors choice to waist time. If they wanted to be found, they would have crawled to your destination. I know that from myself too. Sometimes, when I’m a bit salty, my brain goes „No, I will die on my own terms!“ And try to hide. I get your point though. Would be nice, but it would need a bit of programming to scan for all possibilities, if or if not the survivor could still win, so that’s probably the reason, why they didn’t include it yet.

  • @Metronix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163629#Comment_3163629

    It probably was the survivors choice to waist time. If they wanted to be found, they would have crawled to your destination. I know that from myself too. Sometimes, when I’m a bit salty, my brain goes „No, I will die on my own terms!“ And try to hide. I get your point though. Would be nice, but it would need a bit of programming to scan for all possibilities, if or if not the survivor could still win, so that’s probably the reason, why they didn’t include it yet.

    Actually this survivor was initially crawling to avoid me while I was chasing the other survivor in hopes the survivor I was chasing could loop me until they could get the girl up they were in a SWF. Then they Crawled trying to find me but it took us forever to run into each other.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163629#Comment_3163629

    Then don't slug for the 4K and noone's time is wasted.

    The only way you'd realistically lose a slugged survivor is if they crawled away somewhere and hide for four minutes. In which case, they're intentionally denying you the kill. That's the potential risk of slugging. If it bothers you then just hook the survivor instead.

    Also imo you're basically saying "just let the last person go" which like I don't have to do that? Maybe I have an archive I need four sacrifices. Maybe I just want the last sacrifice? That's like saying if its 2 survivors at five gens you should just let the killer down and hook you.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163633#Comment_3163633

    They could've very easily just crawled out into the open or towards you. If they wanted to be found then they shouldn't have crawled away when they got downed.

    Bleedouts don't count as kills in terms of Emblems and Grading. From the wiki: "No points are awarded for any Survivor that bleeds out." (https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Emblems#Devout)

    I get 1K from a bleed out I'm 90% sure and again I don't care about the points or grading system lmao. I just don't wanna waste 4 minutes of both of our times.

    I also don't wanna just let the person get out if I don't have to.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163642#Comment_3163642

    If you don't want to waste four minutes then don't slug. If you don't want to let the last person go (want a 4k), then DO slug.

    You can't have both.

    Well with my idea you can actually. I don't really see your point? Do you think I should just allow them to leave for free? How in any way is that fair for me?

    In my suggestion its a fair change for both sides I don't really see why you're so vehemently against this other than your own personal bias of being slugged or your personal vitriol of slugging in general.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163639#Comment_3163639

    Survivor: Crawls away and avoids you.

    You: Can't find them because they crawled away and avoided you.

    Survivor: Frustrated that they wasted four minutes.

    Well if it isn't the consequences of their own actions lmao.

    They crawled to set up for a play. After that they tried to find me. I don't think they should be punished for trying their best in that situation to MAYBE get picked up without me finding them.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163654#Comment_3163654

    I myself slug on occasion when I need to guarantee a four kill. Like you mentioned, sometimes you need it to do a tome challenge. But I do it KNOWING the risk that the survivor might crawl away.

    Whether or not to slug is a risk v reward decision. It can pay off and give you an extra kill that you wouldn't have otherwise got, or it can backfire and leave you with a 3k (at least in terms of Emblems anyways). Your idea would eliminate any possible risk from slugging for the 4k, and leave ONLY the reward.

    I can turn around and ask you the same thing: how is this fair for the last survivor? Why should slugging ALWAYS reward the killer and never the survivor? (like your change would guarantee).

    The truth of the matter is that this is a non-issue. If you don't like waiting the four minutes, then fine - you aren't obligated to slug. If you still want to slug anyways and also want to avoid waiting the four minutes, equip Deerstalker or BBQ and Chili.

    Alright fundamental flaw in your argument: you're still using the emblem system as if anyone cares.

    If you use that as your win condition I just gotta come out and tell you even the devs have said it doesn't always work properly, they don't really matter, MMR matters and as far as MMR is concerned that's a kill.

    imo them bleeding out is still a kill, I just feel bad they have to stay on the ground for 4 minutes it isn't a question of me getting anything out of it.

    Its just preventing them for sitting for 4 minutes I still win the game and get 4 kills either way.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163633#Comment_3163633

    They could've very easily just crawled out into the open or towards you. If they wanted to be found then they shouldn't have crawled away when they got downed.

    Bleedouts don't count as kills in terms of Emblems and Grading. From the wiki: "No points are awarded for any Survivor that bleeds out." (https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Emblems#Devout)

    You get 50 Bloodpoints when a survivor bleeds out, also you recieve 2500 Bloodpoint if no one escapes the trial. Also Information from the wiki: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Score_Events

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163680#Comment_3163680

    "you're still using the emblem system as if anyone cares."

    I care very much.

    Getting to Iridescent I each season grants me TWO MILLION bloodpoints. I think most people care more about that than a hidden number that's fundamentally flawed in the way it operates.

    Good for you lol. I guess when you already have everyone maxed out you stop caring about BP as much, I mean both systems are flawed so I don't see your point? The invisible number is quite literally what determines whether you win or lose. You go up in MMR if you get loads of kills and you go down if they escape, how they die is not relavent.


    Regardless of your opinion on what constitutes a kill and what doesn't (no one cares lmao) I'd just prefer the person on the ground NOT have to be bored for 4 minutes. End of the day as far as I'm concerned I still won they didn't escape so I'll take it.

  • Why should killers get rewarded for slugging? I dont think this is necessary, if you want a slugged survivors aura, use the perk.

  • "Score Events are used to award Players with Bloodpoints in Dead by Daylight" That's written on top of the article, with the lists. Where did you read yours?

  • @SimplyPixelated06 said:

    Why should killers get rewarded for slugging? I dont think this is necessary, if you want a slugged survivors aura, use the perk.

    Because I'm not "being rewarded" I still win the game either way in this scenario. Its a way of alleviating frustration on the survivor side of things.

    I don't slug every match I slug when it benefits me in that moment, and sometimes in those moments people get lost and they bleed out I'm trying to avoid this from happening in a scenario in which the survivor loses no matter what.

  • @Rogueyboi117 said:

    So I have this pretty straight forward idea that'll just make a specific end game scenario not happen.

    I just played a game on midwich in which someone was slugged and I couldn't find them and they nearly bled out.

    I felt really bad but for the life of me I couldn't hear or see them and we wasted so much time. This doesn't happen ALL the time I get that but I think it happens enough that it should have some form of attention brought to it.

    Basically if the survivor is the final one alive, and hatch is closed, and they don't have adrenaline/unbreakable/exponential etc. Just allow their aura to be seen within a 12 meters or whatever number makes the most sense.

    In this scenario the survivor can't win no matter what they do and if the killer can't find them they'll Just bleed out for 4 minutes which is lame.

    So, just to get it right: You should be allowed to waste the survivors time by slugging him instead of hooking, but he should not be allowed to waste your time, did i understand that right?

  • That won't be an issue with an upcoming mori rework that will also make it so that once the last survivor is dying on the ground, you will be instantly transitioned to a mori animation in some cool spot on the map to celebrate the 4k.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163730#Comment_3163730

    I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say.

    Bleed outs do not award Emblem points, as stated in the link I provided.

    I never mentioned Bloodpoints, I was specifically referring to Emblems and Grades, so I don't see the relevance of score events??

    Ah, I thought you talked about Bloodpoints and meaned that I was referring to Emblem points. Little missunderstanding here.

  • I mean I’d be okay with it but also you did slug so…

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I mean I’d be okay with it but also you did slug so…

    Slugging is required to win some matches, it is what it is. There's things in the game specifically to counter slugging.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/344225/deerstalker-becoming-basekit-in-the-endgame-with-one-survivor-left

    So, just to get it right: You should be allowed to waste the survivors time by slugging him instead of hooking, but he should not be allowed to waste your time, did i understand that right?

    I didn't waste their time by slugging, why should I allow the other person who's walking around to just leave?

  • @Rogueyboi117 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163791#Comment_3163791

    I didn't waste their time by slugging, why should I allow the other person who's walking around to just leave?

    You didn't. But you could. You are able to sit on top of them refusing to hook. So you are able to do that if you need/want and survivors can't avoid you and deny your hook if they want? You want to have guaranteed kill even though this person can crawl to boon exponent or crawl to hatch while you are looking for them? You either slug for 4k and take your risks to waste your time or you don't slug, kill 3d surv, search for hatch, close it and play gates. All endgame situation is in your favour already, if you don't feel confident enough to kill 3d person and go for hatch (you've already won, hatch means nothing in game-terms of win/loose, plus you have more chances to find it anyway) then face the downsides of your decision.

    It's not QoL change, it's balance change. If you really don't want to waste your time slugging, you either don't slug or use Deer Stalker. You have to pay your price to have such an advantage. And this price has to be here, otherwise it's not fair for the other side.

    Added: And that excluding the fact this change will benefit slugging. Because then, having basekit option, killers won't have a fear of loosing hooks. So they will leave slugs on the ground even if they don't see 4th surv. They already do this, and with basekit option there're will be even more of them, and they will be wasting survivor's time because they know for sure they won't loose them. Please, no.